Do you support the minimum wage hike to $15 an hour? by |R|u|s|t|y| - Page 9 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Do you support the minimum wage hike to $15 an hour?
Page 9 of 36
View Poll Results: Do you?
Yes 40 27.97%
No 103 72.03%
Voters: 143. You may not vote on this poll

JuggerNaught
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
161 - 04-03-2016, 08:46
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarBuddha View Post
Anyone mentioned that minimum wage hasn't changed much because there are still millions of people fighting over minimum wage jobs? If you have a surplus of minimum wage earners, why would you raise the minimum wage? If you don't want to earn $8 an hour, maybe you should learn to do something else, or not be 18 years old. If you're 40 and working an $8 an hour job, you have already failed and probably shouldn't blame the government because you are poor.

What's going to be hilarious is when they raise the minimum wage and none of these people qualify for welfare anymore and they all quit because they rather have the free **** and not have to work for it.
Because its not like the government's trade policies and efforts in destroying unions would have anything to do with companies moving offshore and taking their jobs with them and/or allowed them to beat up worker's wages right?
nah..

Sponsored Links
-SS-
VeteranXV
Old
162 - 04-03-2016, 09:28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagy View Post
uhoh lil guy is mad

tell u what get a job and people will stop laughing at u
how many people have you riled up over rep?

Pagy
VeteranXX
Old
163 - 04-03-2016, 12:13
Quote:
Originally Posted by -SS- View Post
how many people have you riled up over rep?

pretty hilarious

Detox.enD
VeteranXV
Old
164 - 04-03-2016, 12:24
when i think back on my interactions with people who would get a raise to $15/hour I can think of few people who actually deserve to make that sort of money.

*shrug*

Kerosene31
VeteranXV
Old
165 - 04-03-2016, 12:36
$15 is just extreme. That's over 30k / year. My first job was less than that, in IT with a 4 year degree. Granted that was 20 years ago but still.

Detox.enD
VeteranXV
Old
166 - 04-03-2016, 12:44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerosene31 View Post
$15 is just extreme. That's over 30k / year. My first job was less than that, in IT with a 4 year degree. Granted that was 20 years ago but still.
well, most of these people aren't working 40 hrs/week so it probably doesn't work out to over 30k a year.

but i agree.

when i walk into walmart and ask someone who works there where something is and the just shrug and walk away, why the **** does that person deserve almost 2x the pay?

they don't. if you can't impress at walmart then you're ****ing worthless.

MadHatSam
VeteranX
Old
167 - 04-03-2016, 12:45
Well that's your fault for going into Wal-Mart in the first place.

whoever
VeteranXV
Old
168 - 04-03-2016, 12:49
america deserves 15 hr

motoxbudd
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
169 - 04-03-2016, 12:51
walmart is ****ing awesome

Detox.enD
VeteranXV
Old
170 - 04-03-2016, 12:53
walmart sucks. everything about walmart sucks. they carry ****ty products. their food is questionable. the people that work there are awful. so are most of the people that shop there.

motoxbudd
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
171 - 04-03-2016, 12:56
walmart is ****ing awesome

WarBuddha
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
172 - 04-03-2016, 12:58
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuggerNaught View Post
Because its not like the government's trade policies and efforts in destroying unions would have anything to do with companies moving offshore and taking their jobs with them and/or allowed them to beat up worker's wages right?
nah..
Unions are one of the most corrupt and useless organizations on the planet. They protect terrible employees and negotiate deals that benefit the Union reps, not the workers. They are hilarious in Europe.

Last edited by WarBuddha; 04-03-2016 at 13:00..
WarBuddha
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
173 - 04-03-2016, 13:08
I'll point out that Unions served a purpose once upon a time and were very effective at getting companies and the government to develop workers rights and workplace changes that were necessary. However, it is not 1920 anymore. People need to realize that pensions are a thing of the past and investing in yourself is how you will retire. Even the military is doing away with retirement and going towards a more traditional 401k matching plan. It's simply not a sustainable model for companies to keep.

ScooBySnaCk
Tribalwar Staff
Contributor
Old
174 - 04-03-2016, 13:14
minimum wage wasn't "livable" when I was in college either. I worked 2 jobs and had a roommate.

Ixiterra
VeteranXV
Old
175 - 04-03-2016, 13:25
Quote:
Originally Posted by -SS- View Post
I'm certain you've already accounted for labor being the largest expense of any business, right? Here: http://smallbusiness.chron.com/labor...tio-72082.html
https://www.paycor.com/resource-cent...at-labor-costs
http://www.hcminst.com/files/OrgPlus...Workforce_.pdf

(insert your whine how CEOs make too much,amirite?)

Haha, wow. What a ****ing ignorant scrub. Maybe you will be the next historic Luddite.
What does what you wrote do to argue against what epidemic said? (admittedly like a whiny brat)

The cost of labor (which includes CEO salaries too and whatnot) is an expense, and the total cost of labor vs. total expenses varies depending on the type of business. Labor being 70% of the total expenses is a meaningless statistic on its own.

If, year over year, a CEO can reduce the cost of labor while maintaining the same amount of revenue and all other things being equal, that CEO may deserve a bonus for increasing the productivity of the company. Minimum wage laws make that more difficult.

Big companies especially tend to squeeze every last bit that they can from their employees with things like hiring part-time people as much as possible (b/cuz the gubmint lets them not pay out many benefits that way), and of course refusing to increase salaries any more than humanely necessary (if that) beyond what the government requires them to do.

Give me pure capitalism or give me death rah rah rah. This is experimental number tweaking, and pure capitalism is never going to exist so you might as well just deal with it.

WarBuddha
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
176 - 04-03-2016, 13:37
A CEO getting a 10 million dollar bonus for making the company 100 million is small potatoes. People get all bent out of shape about that ****.

If a company has 10k employees and the CEO gets 10 million, that's what, like an extra 1k a year for each employee? People act like the CEO's bonus is the difference between them making 60k a year and 100k.

[MD5]Hash
VeteranXV
Old
177 - 04-03-2016, 13:49
Well, this is the kind of thinking that happens when people choose not to get married and/or plan out their lives in some kind of meaningful fashion. You might not like marriage, but it serves a multitude of purposes - it helps in avoiding the very problems people complain about the most when it comes to wages; it gives you a less hostile tax bracket to ensure that more of your income is kept in your pocket, it encourages you to find someone, preferably a stable individual to live with to share the burden of financial support, and it discourages the rampant ****ing with random people where you have 2-3 kids out of wedlock where you're now financial (blacks excluded apparently) for said children.

If you want to statistically improve your odds of a better life, don't rack yourself into debt you could never hope to repay (credit cards, overstaying your welcome at college, etc.), get married, and only have kids with that one person. Even if things don't pan out in the long long term, you're still priming yourself to avoid living in poverty for the rest of your life. Oh, and graduate highschool - even if you don't go to college (which I'd argue isn't necessary), one of the worst things you can do is to not graduate highschool or at least get your GED if you do drop out.

There's a reason this sort of thing was common in the past, and it was because people understood the value of these things. If you want to live in a no-holds-barred world where you **** anyone you want, work when you feel like it, and are generally lazy, then you're going to live in poverty, you will be perpetually poor, and I don't want the tax dollars that are taken from my pocket at gunpoint to go into a system that rewards behavior like this.

Nor do I want inflation, because that's what this is going to cause, on a massive scale, to become so rampant that the dollar becomes the laughing stock of the exchange system. The issues we face at this point in regards to minimum wage is ultimately a symptom of the direction society has gone, it's purely a system issue of what people are choosing to do, vs. what they're willing to do. Fixing the numbers in the way they're asking is like using a sand castle bucket to scoop water from a sinking battle ship without patching the hole. It doesn't matter how hard you try to fix the numbers, the hole's still and you can't scoop fast enough to make a difference.

Last edited by [MD5]Hash; 04-03-2016 at 13:57..
WarBuddha
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
178 - 04-03-2016, 14:00
Really, marriage is a financial pit of despair for most people. Kids + wife is far more expensive then living a single life. That's not even considering the 50/50 shot that you end up divorced and she takes half your **** and you have to pay child support and alimony.

Don't knock up some useless slut and you can live a very comfortable life without ever getting married.

E

Phantred
VeteranXV
Old
179 - 04-03-2016, 14:00
I can't understand a republican that wants a below living-wage minimum wage.

When you let mcdonalds or walmart types pay less than a minimum wage, the taxpayer picks up the difference. It's corporate welfare. Why do you think we are just now seeing cashiers replaced with computers? You're an idiot if you don't think they could have done that **** years ago, but it wasn't worth it...

Why pay for research and development and higher level technicians when you can literally pay people less than slaves made.

JuggerNaught
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
180 - 04-03-2016, 14:12
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarBuddha View Post
Unions are one of the most corrupt and useless organizations on the planet. They protect terrible employees and negotiate deals that benefit the Union reps, not the workers. They are hilarious in Europe.
If there had never been unions you would not have 40 hour work weeks, insurance, child labor laws, breaks, lunches, pretty much every 'perk' you have with a job and every part of a job that keeps an employer from working you like a rented mule for slave wages.

Page 9 of 36

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Do you support the minimum wage hike to $15 an hour?

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
alex dare levert , alex levert