Do you support the minimum wage hike to $15 an hour? by |R|u|s|t|y| - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Do you support the minimum wage hike to $15 an hour?
Page 1 of 36
View Poll Results: Do you?
Yes 40 27.97%
No 103 72.03%
Voters: 143. You may not vote on this poll

|R|u|s|t|y|
VeteranXX
Old
1 - 04-01-2016, 19:10
Do you?

I say, NO - It's too much money for a minimum wage level job. People who already have little motivation to work won't work to move up. If they can just keep their minimum wage job and smoke weed everyday and keep going will just keep doing that. I think it's a bad idea.

Sponsored Links
DrJonez
VeteranXX
Old
2 - 04-01-2016, 19:13
A rising tide lifts all boats.

KingSobieski
VeteranXX
Old
3 - 04-01-2016, 19:17
I have fond memories of my earliest jobs - being treated like ****, doing the worst work, getting paid dirt. But at the same time it was a temp job w no future so definitely didnt deserve high pay.

Used to do demolition work in a hotel sub basement where i spent my days in a dark smoky room bashing furniture apart with a sledge hammer for 8 hours a day for 8$ an hour.

Going to shut out a lot of young people looking for any kind of work experience plus increased reliance on automating tasks with robots.

I think horse **** pay systems like the waiter tip system and the mechanic flat rate pay system should be outlawed and replaced with normal hourly wages.

On the plus side a 15$ hr rate will destroy scam artist temp work agencies and propel companies to do their own hiring.
Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Last edited by KingSobieski; 04-01-2016 at 19:24..
MadHatSam
VeteranX
Old
4 - 04-01-2016, 19:17
Like many popular political ideas raising the minimum wage is only a small band-aid on a larger problem.

Sure it needs to go up some and more often overall but it doesn't need to be 15 dollars everywhere. Cost of living, inflation and other factors should determine what minimum wage should be and it shouldn't necessarily be the same everywhere.

slush
VeteranX
Old
5 - 04-01-2016, 19:23
WHO ****ING CARES, DEAL WITH IT OR DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. STFU

KingSobieski
VeteranXX
Old
6 - 04-01-2016, 19:25
They should really teach how to trade stocks in high school because its way easier than actual work.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
7 - 04-01-2016, 19:27
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJonez View Post
A rising tide lifts all boats.
When one tide rises, another falls.

Personally I don't see why the minimum wage shouldn't reflect the economy/inflation/housing, but I'm no econ expert either. Here's a thought, minimum wage goes up $.25 every time congress gets a raise. Of course people who argue for a $15 minimum typically fall into one of two camps:

1. Unskilled workers who want to live in fancy cities
2. Barely skilled workers who think their meager salaries will go up automatically if the minimum is raised because they purchased a 4 year degree with a 15 year $200,000 loan.

Mr Jimmy Pop
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
8 - 04-01-2016, 19:38
no, a kid in high school bagging groceries does not need $15/hour. all raising it accomplishes is raise prices and lower the value of the dollar. its a damn shell game we always lose

Bughead
VeteranXX
Old
9 - 04-01-2016, 19:39
I've never understood those who see a minimum wage hike as giving too much money to unskilled workers.

You do realize that wages haven't kept up with inflation for a long time now? We should ALL be seeing a wage increase, not just the minimum.

California just passed a $15 minimum wage, but it doesn't fully take effect until 2022. That's half a decade from now. IMO, if minimum wage kept up with inflation like it should, it should be even higher by then.

The "1%" are all laughing at us while we squabble over these scraps when we should instead be banding together demanding proper wages/compensation.

Last edited by Bughead; 04-01-2016 at 19:41..
cheezit
VeteranXX
Old
10 - 04-01-2016, 19:45
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingSobieski View Post
They should really teach how to trade stocks in high school because its way easier than actual work.
and balancing a budget and doing taxes and understanding loan terms. Average 18 year old doesn't understand any of that. They can vote(but don't). They're also generally not worth $15/hour.

Raising minimum wage across the board is bad, but its appropriate for some areas. Wage system in general needs an overhaul as more jobs get replaced by automation($15/hr min wage will only encourage this). Hopefully we'll get basic income at some point.

motoxbudd
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
11 - 04-01-2016, 19:59
of course i dont support gov dictating what business owners must pay their employees. but i most def do support gov doing its ****ing job of securing our borders and deporting all criminal invaders taking all the jobs meant for teens saving for college, working for peanuts, paying no taxes, sending all they earn illegally to mexico, lowering the competitive wedge for americans.

LouCypher
VeteranX
Old
12 - 04-01-2016, 20:07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jimmy Pop View Post
no, a kid in high school bagging groceries does not need $15/hour.
The age of the worker is irrelevant.

The problem with a minimum wage is the idea that 40 hours of any job should pay enough to support a family. Just because your poor life choices left you single with kids doesn't mean you deserve $31,200/year for getting my order wrong.

Mr Jimmy Pop
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
13 - 04-01-2016, 20:12
Quote:
Originally Posted by LouCypher View Post
The age of the worker is irrelevant.

except it isn't, raising minimum wage means less kids will be working because lets face it, who would you rather give $15/hr too? a teen or an adult who has experience? minimum wage is meant for those just starting to join the workforce.

JoMo
VeteranXV
Immigrant
Old
14 - 04-01-2016, 20:17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jimmy Pop View Post
except it isn't, raising minimum wage means less kids will be working because lets face it, who would you rather give $15/hr too? a teen or an adult who has experience? minimum wage is meant for those just starting to join the workforce.
Ding ding ding.....

TheVoiceOfReason
VeteranX
Old
15 - 04-01-2016, 20:22
There are too many kids anyway.

ZPG! ZPG!

Time to start putting birth control in the tap water. The people of Flint would be much better off with fewer babies than the lead-ridden dullards they have now.

Wait, what?

motoxbudd
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
16 - 04-01-2016, 20:22
ill say it again. there is no fixing libtards. lou, and everyone like him needs to be killed asap. the world is ****ed, and peep like him r the #1 biggest problem that can only be solved with their death, to remove them from direct world ****ing, and removing them from gene pool so as not to spread their libtard disease to future generations. world civil war needs to start now.

epidemic
VeteranXX
Old
17 - 04-01-2016, 20:26
those jobs used 2 pay a livable income

theres no reason they cant now

AnubiS
VeteranXV
Old
18 - 04-01-2016, 20:30
Quote:
Originally Posted by |R|u|s|t|y| View Post
Do you?

I say, NO - It's too much money for a minimum wage level job.
And kids, this is why Bernie Sanders didn't win the presidential elections.

Mr Jimmy Pop
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
19 - 04-01-2016, 20:35
Quote:
Originally Posted by epidemic View Post
those jobs used 2 pay a livable income

theres no reason they cant now
so every job should pay enough to support a family, is that what you are saying? why would a high school kid who lives at home need that? maybe they need a dual minimum wage based off age, then maybe our children could put illegal immigrants out of work.

AnubiS
VeteranXV
Old
20 - 04-01-2016, 20:37
So, there are no adults in america that are being paid a minimum wage? wow... I need to go to amurica asap

Page 1 of 36

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Do you support the minimum wage hike to $15 an hour?

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
alex dare levert , alex levert