If I were single and/or didn't have any kids, I would _______ right now. by aScotiA - Page 5 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page If I were single and/or didn't have any kids, I would _______ right now.
Page 5 of 9
AnubiS
VeteranXV
Old
81 - 10-13-2014, 11:11
Quote:
Originally Posted by aScotiA View Post
It's sad that many of our greatest life aspirations present themselves at times when we're prevented from pursuing them, either by someone or something. Fortunately for me, I'm in a situation which allows me to do whatever I decide to put my mind to, and even though I'm currently quite content, I'm simply biding my time until I find the right place to go. 'Single', bachelor's degree (mgmt/finance), able-bodied and able-minded, and not locked into a career. I need to flip my life on its head and explore the fackin world. I could easily get some dead-end, blow-my-brains-out office job, and spend the rest of my life in Boston or some other city; but I'm trying to carve my own path, y'dig?

So I'm wondering if some of you older ****s are willing to get a little bit introspective and share your thoughts on the subject. How is your ***** wife, ho-ass girlfriend, or snot-nosed toddler keeping you from shooting for the stars?
Sorry, but you're missing the point here... it's not about women.. it's about MONEY. See, it's great. I'm a 24 dude, I have a bachelor and a master's degree in Archaeology. I'm not locked into a career. Can't do much because I don't have ****ing money... Oh btw, I have a gf. I just emigrated to switzerland to try to get into a ****ing career... why? because **** the society, but I need money to live my life with no ****ing problem

seriously.. how old are you? 16?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detox.enD View Post
it's funny listening to the unsuccessful describe what success is.

like it's a terribly awful and miserable thing. all of us with these 'careers', and wives, and families... obviously all we do all day is wake up, slog into work where we must sit in a cubicle and methodically press keys on a keyboard.

all day.

then we go home where some ugly/old person orders us around for a few hours before we go to sleep.

yeah. that's how the rest of us live. like everything else along the way so far, you obviously have a clue.

meanwhile you all are having midlife crisis in your 20's.
Yeah.. there's nothing we can do about those **** facts. It's the life we have chosen. otherwise, we wouldn't have the system we have... You need MO-NEY....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uS7ZbXIvW6Q

"I've been poor.. I've been rich.. And I tell you: It's alot better being rich"
-Kevin O'Leary

Last edited by AnubiS; 10-13-2014 at 11:17..
Sponsored Links
DMAUL
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
82 - 10-13-2014, 11:14
**** paying down my mortgage, i'm getting a lotus exige

Sir Hobbleton Scotch
Veteran5
Old
83 - 10-13-2014, 11:19
There are so many things you can do like sky diving, scuba diving, learning to fly aircraft, building stuff, volunteering, sailing, etc. You're not necessarily restricted from that stuff when you're married or have kids. The question is what do you enjoy doing and is it sustainable if you're married -+ kids.

AnubiS
VeteranXV
Old
84 - 10-13-2014, 11:20
and if you have enough money to make it happen

Sir Hobbleton Scotch
Veteran5
Old
85 - 10-13-2014, 11:23
That's what sustainable means u fgt.

Ztir
VeteranXV
Old
86 - 10-13-2014, 11:31
I wouldn't change anything in my life except being born to rich parents

No kids yet but basically all of the others

If u feel trapped in ur life u need better hobbies or u ****ed up big time

amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
87 - 10-13-2014, 11:42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flunky View Post
kids don't suck your life and soul away. they change the focus of your life. if you're going to have them, your goal should be that the kids become one of the main purposes of your life. you have to be ready to leave behind some other aspirations (like racing your penis around a track). don't get me wrong, penis racing is fun as **** but it'll have to go on the shelf for ~20 years.

one thing my wife and I did was wait like 5 years before we had kids. we traveled like maniacs during that time. which kind of sucks because it gives you something to miss badly, but the bright side is when the kids are grown ass hopefully you've planned well enough financially to resume it. this is also incentive to not become a decrepit older person. stay in shape you fatassses.

the tricky thing can be the job. it is possible to get stuck here, especially if you really really hate your job but can't afford to leave it due to the financial security it grants. that is like an entirely other thread, but all I am saying is you will go insane if you can't bear to go to work everyday AND you have kids at the same time. I am luckily not in this position (entirely) but it is not hard to extrapolate as I had such soul draining jobs before I had kids or a house to pay for.
Yes good post, fully agreed. My wife and I aren't having kids yet for the same reason... tons of young people get married and pop out kids immediately afterwards. It's too much of a rush, there's no adjustment period and no 'just the two of us' having fun.

Togowack
VeteranXV
Old
88 - 10-13-2014, 11:46
I agree if you have to travel to other countries for no substantial reason other than to waste time and money, you're a bum.

You must have some child hood dream you never followed up on? Mine was to own a company and make millions of dollars in the tech industry. I realized this when I popped open a year book while cleaning up a week or two ago, that's what it said when I was 15.

It's annoying, when on business trips, to run into people who travel for the fun of it. I definetly call them bums. They wander around looking for the meaning of life like hipsters. What happened to taking it to the next level? My boss just went from being engineering manager to president and the most work he does it answer emails, aside from making trips occasionally to solve problems.

I don't think much of my sister but she gets paid to travel all over the world doing missionary work. My other friends either are into bikes, trucks, distilling alcohol, or playing music anytime they aren't at work. If you're going to go drinking at pubs and that is reason for your travel you will become depressed and a boring person no matter where you are because your life path has failed and no one wants to be associated with that.

Wiglaf
VeteranX
Old
89 - 10-13-2014, 12:30
I don't like being single. Sure I can do whatever I want and don't have to answer to anyone but myself, but not knowing where/when my next ***** is coming from ****ing blows.
And any of that bucket list **** that I want to do, if I were married it wouldn't stop me. She would be down w/ going too or I wouldn't marry her. Financially I think it would be easier to swing that stuff if I were splitting the bills. Right now 50% of my cash goes straight to the mortgage. But more importantly I have more fun doing these things when I'm with someone I like.

Stealth
VeteranXV
Old
90 - 10-13-2014, 12:39
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArakAtak View Post
I'm going to quit and go travelling for a while. Go see some ****, climb a mountain if I feel like it but sleep in if I want. Maybe just sit on a beach and read books for a while.

Problem is you can't. Have to pay the bills and the mortgage - why? so you can do the same again next week and the week after. You get trapped in a cycle of having to work to pay all the bills but you get the bills because you work. Get the green salad.
This is pretty much "life" for the vast majority of people.

Wiglaf
VeteranX
Old
91 - 10-13-2014, 13:06
it's not getting bills "because you work". it's because we prefer day to day life to be more comfortable than a tent on the mountain. heat, electricity, internet, running water, and of course FOOD.
You could avoid most of these bills by going off grid and producing everything for yourself, but that ain't a vacation. That basically becomes your job because it's a lot of work. And there will always be tax/payment for the land you use for that so need to produce extra.

WarBuddha
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
92 - 10-13-2014, 13:34
This thread makes me glad I joined the Navy

NoGodForMe
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
93 - 10-13-2014, 13:39
I also don't understand the need to leave the USA and visit other countries, but some people think that's "culture." A couple articles that explain it.
#19 Traveling | Stuff White People Like
#120 Taking a Year Off | Stuff White People Like

The thing about finding "the one" is your hobbies and interest can change. When I met Lauirie, she wasn't a Jesus freak, and I wasn't riding roller coasters or in a band. I also wasn't spending much time on the computer, the internet was not invented yet with games like CSGO. The computer I had was an Apple ][ and an IBM clone. The internet was BBS systems and Computer Shopper magazine.

What's funny, is you can travel locally on the weekends. But most people don't do this because it involves spending money. Laurie and I do it every now and then, driving to the Keys, or Jensen Beach staying one night.

Last edited by NoGodForMe; 10-13-2014 at 13:43..
coombz
VeteranXV
Old
94 - 10-13-2014, 13:55
anubis y u move to switzerland if the biggest problem in your life is lack of money?

it's the most horrendously expensive place in all of europe afaik

arakatak u should just make a change man, look for a new job etc or use up all that leave and then look a new job

90% of people are NOT lucky enough to have a job that they love going to...but if u actively can't stand being there then you should do something about that

u spend such a significant amount of your life at that workplace that it's just crazy to stay somewhere that makes u miserable

make a change. if things suck so much you are thinking about suicide (even if not 100% seriously) then you don't have much to lose. you'll probably be surprised how easy it is to put yourself in a better situation and state of mind

AnubiS
VeteranXV
Old
95 - 10-13-2014, 16:03
Quote:
Originally Posted by coombz View Post
anubis y u move to switzerland if the biggest problem in your life is lack of money?
because the lowest salary here is 3.000***8364;?.. in portugal is 300***8364;.

im open to suggestions, tho. I'm a free spirit and I love to travel!

Groove
VeteranXX
Old
96 - 10-13-2014, 16:45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detox.enD View Post
it's funny listening to the unsuccessful describe what success is.

like it's a terribly awful and miserable thing. all of us with these 'careers', and wives, and families... obviously all we do all day is wake up, slog into work where we must sit in a cubicle and methodically press keys on a keyboard.

all day.

then we go home where some ugly/old person orders us around for a few hours before we go to sleep.

yeah. that's how the rest of us live. like everything else along the way so far, you obviously have a clue.

meanwhile you all are having midlife crisis in your 20's.
i don't think anyone has said any of that in this thread

yes, someone without kids has more freedom to change their life on a whim. Scotia was saying 'hey i have this freedom, what should i do with it' and here you come in calling him unsuccessful for it. by what metric? that he hasn't knocked up some chick yet? trust me, shooting your jizz in a girl doesn't make you succesfull

i'm more happy with my life embracing my freedom and taking a big chunk of this summer off to go to cali and bang a girl practically half my age than i ever was when i was in a 7 year relationship that was pretty much marriage without the paperwork and kids

if i'm unsuccessful for living a very happy life then bring on the failure

robot heart
Old
97 - 10-13-2014, 17:09
i just want a nice house in a small town with several close friends and family with a lawn and a happy cat and a happy dog

partying periodically and getting high almost all the time

triple
VeteranXV
Old
98 - 10-13-2014, 19:06
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarBuddha View Post
This thread makes me glad I joined the Navy
..because the military is known for its freedom of choice?

arcadus
VeteranXX
Old
99 - 10-13-2014, 19:17
im single and no kids

living the dream

Denver
VeteranXV
Old
100 - 10-13-2014, 19:18
I would "play video games" right now....

let's face it you don't have any aspirations nor skills. Sit on tight and your life will be over soon enough.

Page 5 of 9

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page If I were single and/or didn't have any kids, I would _______ right now.

Social Website Bullshit