Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Dear Climate Change Deniers
Page 2 of 159
ArakAtak
VeteranXX
Old
21 - 05-18-2014, 05:48
So what the **** will switching to solar do about an asteroid exactly?

I'm going to go burn some dinosaurs.

Sponsored Links
ilys
VeteranXV
Old
22 - 05-18-2014, 07:07
Eh, it's not like the planet can't or won't recover once we've killed ourselves off as a species.

Tyco
VeteranX
Old
23 - 05-18-2014, 07:30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanster View Post
No, I'm able to examine the science and decide for myself. You're the one appealing to esteemed scientists Alex Jones and Rush Limbaugh, not me.
No troll. I'm scientifically literate, and I'm interested in learning more about the field of climatology. Can you please link me or point me to any good scientific journal papers to start with? I just need the link. I'll get access of the paper through an academic portal.

HumDumpin
ReeeingRainbowXV
Old
24 - 05-18-2014, 07:31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odio View Post
First there was global cooling. Then, every prediction they had for that was wrong. So then they came up with global warming, ****ing up all the global cooling offsetting the next ice age.
Peer reviewed papers hypothesizing global cooling in the near future can be counted on one hand.

Peer reviewed papers hypothesizing global warming are countless.

Hedge your bets appropriately.

Veniggs
VeteranXV
Old
25 - 05-18-2014, 07:38
if that black wannabe astronaut knew anything he would have figured a solution out instead of telling us to make one

**** idea people

JoMo
VeteranXV
Immigrant
Old
26 - 05-18-2014, 08:52
The West Antarctic Ice sheet probably collapses during interglacial periods. It has been deemed 'unstable' since 1968.

Marine Ice Sheet instability

There is some evidence to suggest that, in previous interglacials, the West Antarctic Ice Sheet completely disappeared, leading to sea levels about 5m higher than at present[1]. For example, marine micro-organisms have been found in in glacial sediments at the base of ice cores beneath Ice-Stream B[4]. This occurred during a period of anomalous warmth during MIS 5e in East Antarctica. Evidence from bryozoan and other marine micro-organisms indicates open seaways across West Antarctica at various periods during the last few million years, and even during the past one or more interglacials[3].

Also:

CO2 Science

" this newest analysis of the most comprehensive data set available suggests that there has been no dramatic increase - or any increase, for that matter - in the mean rate of global sea level rise due to the historical increase in the atmosphere's CO2 concentration."

The Atlantic Current declining... PANIC, FEAR!!!

Atlantic current strength declines : Nature News & Comment

*The marked slowdown in the past decade of the warm Atlantic Ocean currents that bring mild weather to northwestern Europe may be caused by natural variation and not anthropogenic climate change, as has been previously suggested.

*Scientists think that the AMOC might be subject to abrupt changes that have probably played a part in ancient climate events, such as the sudden temperature swings 18,000 to 80,000 years ago during the last glacial period.

* He suggests that the weakening of the AMOC could be because of the Atlantic Multidecadal Oscillation ***8212; a natural cycle of ocean variability in which Atlantic temperatures dip every 60 to 70 years.

Vlasic
VeteranXX
Old
27 - 05-18-2014, 08:53
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/solar-roadways

Solar roadways. Make it happen.

jerry
VeteranXX
Old
28 - 05-18-2014, 09:03
i hate u republicant fuks always sayin we cannot save the world while u shoot ur guns into the clouds no fukin wonder mother nature hates ur a$$ & will fly birds in 2 ur **** while the honey bees suk the big 1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vanster
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
29 - 05-18-2014, 09:06
Quote:
On Sunday, Germany***8217;s impressive streak of renewable energy milestones continued, with renewable energy generation surging to a record portion ***8212; nearly 75 percent ***8212; of the country***8217;s overall electricity demand by midday. With wind and solar in particular filling such a huge portion of the country***8217;s power demand, electricity prices actually dipped into the negative for much of the afternoon, according to Renewables International.
In the first quarter of 2014, renewable energy sources met a record 27 percent of the country***8217;s electricity demand, thanks to additional installations and favorable weather. ***8220;Renewable generators produced 40.2 billion kilowatt-hours of electricity, up from 35.7 billion kilowatt-hours in the same period last year,***8221; Bloomberg reported. Much of the country***8217;s renewable energy growth has occurred in the past decade and, as a point of comparison, Germany***8217;s 27 percent is double the approximately 13 percent of U.S. electricity supply powered by renewables as of November 2013.
Observers say the records will keep coming as Germany continues its Energiewende, or energy transformation, which aims to power the country almost entirely on renewable sources by 2050.
***8220;Once again, it was demonstrated that a modern electricity system such as the German one can already accept large penetration rates of variable but predictable renewable energy sources such as wind and solar PV power,***8221; said Bernard Chabot, a renewable energy consultant based in France, via email. ***8220;In fact there are no technical and economic obstacles to go first to 20 percent of annual electricity demand penetration rate from a combination of those two technologies, then 50 percent and beyond by combining them with other renewables and energy efficiency measures and some progressive storage solutions at a modest level.***8221;

Nash
Nazi Admin++
Contributor
Old
30 - 05-18-2014, 09:08
And the prices for electricity went up quite a bit aswell.
YAY

jerry
VeteranXX
Old
31 - 05-18-2014, 09:12
They are definitely putting economic concerns over environmental ones. Most of Canada's biggest industries profit from our truly massive natural resources, Logging, mining, oil, fisheries etc. To do this responsibly, you have to have a robust scientific community to maximize sustainability and minimize damage. Passing laws that limit who scientists can talk to and when is not responsible government in my opinion.
Canadian conservatives are probably closer to fiscal conservatives rather than social conservatives, though there is still some of that mixed in, but on the whole I would say climate change denial is more about protecting profits than it is about religion (which I believe to be true in the United States as well, though its veiled).
I went to catholic school throughout my education, but there was no hint of creationism and evolution was taught as the best science we have at this point but may still, itself, evolve scientifically (a rational position in my opinion). I may have actually gone to a naughty catholic school now that I think about it, because we had comprehensive sex education with condoms and everything.
Basically it boils down to this; I want quality, peer reviewed scientific papers to be available on demand and not filtered through a government agency that reports to a Prime Minister whose motives I find highly suspect. However, I would want the same thing to be true were my preferred party in power.
I'm very proud to be from a country with a outstanding scientific history and a noteworthy record of human rights I would hate to see those things tarnished to protect multinational corporations, or to cater to the beliefs of radical groups whose musings are based on zero hard data. Things that, sadly, I see happening in the United States today.
I love my neighbours to the and I want to see them succeed, but they can't do it without science, no one can.

JoMo
VeteranXV
Immigrant
Old
32 - 05-18-2014, 09:12
Science is always settled and never wrong........

"no need to worry about carbon dioxide"

jerry
VeteranXX
Old
33 - 05-18-2014, 09:17
I'm going to re-reference the only link that matters in this discussion.
It does not seem to be the only link that is important at this point. For me, I want to know A) whether the "only link" actually states what you think it does, B) Whether your interpretation is correct and C) does it take what Science magazine stated into account?
Because it doesn't look to me that either is true.
A) When I look at it the link, the 'straight line' appears manipulated - I could see 3 separate lines more easily. But I wonder where the data comes from. In fact, I don't think the overall temperature of the oceans can rapidly go "down" and then reverse, or that somehow there is a "cause" called El Nino. El Nino is an effect just like any other large weather system, not just a 'cause.'
You can't say "oh... ocean temperatures went down because of El Nino..." Like El Nino was some kind of magic force, God dipping his hand in the ocean.
B) The statement "The rate of sea level rise has been consistent for the past 20 years. " does not come from the link itself.
C) "No matter how many articles you dig up,"
I'm not digging them up. This is current. It came out on Friday. It's just not my fault or my doing. We have to deal with what it says.
Your link simply isn't the "only" link and it doesn't even say that the line is an estimate. It doesn't say "constant." It says " As new data, models and corrections become available, we continuously revise these estimates (about every two months) to improve their quality."
So, on Friday, some new data came out....

Blun Rogers
Banned
Old
34 - 05-18-2014, 09:19
Quote:
Originally Posted by DipStick View Post
Funny, I would say the same for the Climate Change supporters.
Funny, you're an idiot.

lemon
Sour++
Contributor
Old
35 - 05-18-2014, 09:26
Quote:
No, I'm able to examine the science and decide for myself. You're the one appealing to esteemed scientists Alex Jones and Rush Limbaugh, not me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyco View Post
No troll. I'm scientifically literate, and I'm interested in learning more about the field of climatology. Can you please link me or point me to any good scientific journal papers to start with? I just need the link. I'll get access of the paper through an academic portal.
Quote:
science

jerry
VeteranXX
Old
36 - 05-18-2014, 09:28
u idiots sound like sum cishet phobio fuks who cant recognize ur genderqueer privileges

Vanster
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
37 - 05-18-2014, 09:39
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMo View Post
Science is always settled and never wrong........

"no need to worry about carbon dioxide"

A story in the Washington Post is not a peer-reviewed study published in a scientific journal. It's a reporter's interpretation of what someone might have said--you couldn't even link to the original story, you posted a graphic of what looks like a photocopy--no one is going to take it seriously.

It's the same tooth-pulling that we go through with you guys on evolution as well. There are reasons you're becoming known as the anti-science party--you don't have any problem with the way silicon chips work, but you cherry-pick other branches of science that suggest your party line is fallible, and you're willing to paste terabytes of crap you lifted from Alex Jones, Charles Krauthammer or some other anti-science nutjob with a B.A. in journalism.

This is an argument science can't win because we're arguing with zealots, not truth-seekers. The science that makes your LCD screen work is done the same way that atmospheric science or evolutionary biology is, but the oil-lobby isn't competing with Samsung, they're trying to preserve the status-quo in a world that's getting more nervous about fossil-fuels and climate. Of COURSE you're going to laugh at renewable energy because that lobby is the one that manufactured your blinders; it's the one that feeds you your talking points. The scientific consensus is approaching total completeness, and you're not going to change that, no matter how many AnswersInGenesis and Fox News links you paste here.

jerry
VeteranXX
Old
38 - 05-18-2014, 09:42
ye p!!!

Vanster
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
39 - 05-18-2014, 09:45
For people genuinely interested in reading more, just start here:

NOAA - National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration

There are so many different studies published now, all in peer-reviewed journals, that I'm not even going to recommend one, just read the abstracts and when you find one you like, dive in.

Of course, we do have Cliven Bundy / Timothy McVeigh types here that as soon as they see the .gov suffix, they're going to dismiss everything, and go back to reading Citizens United or wherever they get their science from.

Kestrel
VeteranXV
Old
40 - 05-18-2014, 10:02
people who don't think anthropogenic climate change is a real thing are just willfully ignorant at this point, i don't think there's much helping them

Page 2 of 159

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Dear Climate Change Deniers

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
ass mode , climate change deniers , want bigger gubmt sooooooo bad