Fuck it cold

Yeah.. there are people that are STILL stuck on the roads right now that left around 1-2 PM yesterday

That includes several school buses full of children that couldn't turn around and get back to the school before getting trapped

All the comparisons to Walking Dead are accurate as hell

i saw video that said the city of Atlanta has 2 snow plows

for the entire city

Snow isn't really the issue, it's ice (They've got double digit salt trucks).. the problem was they didn't salt the bridges/exit ramps and then EVERYONE left between 12:30 and 1:30

The other issue is that EVERYONE hit the roads so quickly that the trucks & plows themselves got stuck in the gridlock

YZiZi6c.gif

^^ 12:15 to ~1:40 time lapse (the measured snow at 1 PM all over atlanta was .5 inches)

Yeah.. there are people that are STILL stuck on the roads right now that left around 1-2 PM yesterday

That includes several school buses full of children that couldn't turn around and get back to the school before getting trapped

All the comparisons to Walking Dead are accurate as hell
Holy crap!

I knew things were bad in Atlanta, but that's unreal. I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around the idea of so many people just sitting in their cars like that.

There are a lot of people who abandoned their cars and walked 3-5 miles home

But people that have longer to go than that can't exactly do the same

There are too many vehicles still stuck on the road in Atlanta so DOT trucks can't get through to salt anything (much less the clearly frozen over bridges)

That's what caused all this mess to begin with and is what will keep the city shut down for several days

its funny commuting in denver. was snowing this morning (and the day before), but left work this morning and it practically all melted.

when i lived in parker i went to work and it was like 75 then at lunch it was raining.. Then it snowed like an inch and when i left work it was 75 outside and snow was gone. The minute it got dark it snowed like 4 inched lol

I don't get how .5 inches can cause such madness. When you're driving in Chicago and its dumping the trucks can't get around fast enough and its not uncommon to be driving in 2+ inches of snow. Everyone gets to their jobs/school/whatever just fine.

Back