[Official] :bandit: 2.0

images

[snip]

and id like to thank zear some day personally for all the l33t ass script he write for tribes in its hey day i spend many hour with his setups and they were gg

You are welcome of course. It was a lot more fun scripting than doing the work I was supposedly doing at the time anyway. Plus contributing had its rewards.

Just spent four hours at a Bricks & Minifigs store, digging through bins of random Legos. I think I have enough to build 6 or 7 mouse droids now. Woot.

:bandit:

i know you dont smoke weed. i know this. but i'm gonna get you high today. cause its friday. you aint got no job. and you aint got shit to do.

I'm high and trying to think. Ready for this?

I can't get excited about rap. Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike it. I just don't have any attraction to it. I used to think that was probably because I'm old enough that my musical tastes were somewhat fixed before anyone even knew who Run DMC was. But I have a new theory now.

To me, rap appears to be music deconstructed. It is what you get when you reduce contemporary music to its primal essence. It is rhythm, and a message. It is the core, the heart. And I think that is where the problem lies for me. If you strip away the person that surrounds a human heart, the heart itself loses value. To me, with only rhythm and a message, music is the personless heart. I need more than that. I am moved by the sight of the whole body, by the sound of fleshed-out music. I can respect those who enjoy rap, but it just seems like the naked heart to me.

I won't get into country music. That's different. It's just too silly to be worth my time. ;)

So those are my stoned thoughts on why I don't enjoy rap. Am I too high, or does that make some kind of sense. If you like rap (and I know a bunch of you do), why?

:bandit:²

Back