[video] WoW Lady Gaga Has Talent :)

51yis9.jpg

OFN

She's super talented, but shitty glam-pop music is where the money is... because people are stupid.

nuttin wrong with smart and talented people catering to the masses to get rich and famous

that's what America is about

she's always had talent, and i think if she played music that wasn't retarded and stopped with her bullshit "fashion" and "look at me" bullshit people wouldn't think of her as a piece of trash

she's always had talent, and i think if she played music that wasn't retarded and stopped with her bullshit "fashion" and "look at me" bullshit people wouldn't think of her as a piece of trash

she also would never have gotten a major record deal and wouldn't be a millionaire because she isn't that attractive

had to get noticed somehow and she nailed it

im not going to disagree with that, but she's still doing the stupid crap even after she's become an enormous star.

she's got the fanbase now, people know her name, it's time to stop with the dumb over the top stuff and grow up

considering the shit quality of most performers these days, this is a rather refreshing live solo performance. i've never understood why people hated on her so much, she's a talented performer and musician.

That was great, she is a true artist.

She did a interview at google that is really good, she talked about how her true fans don't see her costumes, they just accept her, and she said is exactly what she wants. She uses the crazy costumes to see if people will look past that to the quality of songs she performs, and she has fun dressing up.

I saw this when she first came out and was unbelievably impressed

And anyone who says she's an idiot for the way she dresses and stuff...do you think she ever would have gotten noticed as "Stefani Germanotta" wearing normal clothes?

She branded the shit out of herself and now she's a huge pop star. I don't love all her music (Bad Romance was pretty incredible though), but I respect her bigtime.

You respect her?

Being a sell-out and acting like a stupid crazy cunt is what it takes to get your respect?

I guess that she didn't really have any choice - no one has ever sold albums sitting at a piano and singing well. Other than, you know, people like Tori Amos, Sarah Mclachlan, Norah Jones, John Legend, Billy Joel, etc.

it was clear that she was this talented for a long time. her music isn't bad. she is a singer songer writer with an impeccable ear for pop, which allows her to slip in craft where folks least expect it.

but lets be clear. that was the same 4-chord progression over and over. it's her lyrics & voice that shine.

still... gaga is still in the shadow of greatness

what age do people stop using the term "sellout"?

I thought it was about 15 but I may be mistaken

It's generally the age when reality sets in and they realize they would "sellout" in about 4 seconds to never have to worry about money again if they actually had a skill that people would pay them that much for

what age do people stop using the term "sellout"?

I thought it was about 15 but I may be mistaken

It's generally the age when reality sets in and they realize they would "sellout" in about 4 seconds to never have to worry about money again if they actually had a skill that people would pay them that much for

If changing the style and content of your artistic performances in order to sell crap to a bunch of idiots doesn't count as 'selling out,' then I don't know what does.

I don't think she does it solely for the money.

There's definitely a part of her that enjoys the "fashion" flamboyance and absurdity of the Lady GaGa character. So it's not technically selling out.

She has an ear for music period, not just pop. Gaga has done "older" soft rock songs and has done well, her country version of "Born this way" also sounded very authentic. If I was on a country station and that popped up, it would be just at home. Freddy Mercury and Nomi did classical Opera and were just at home with it. Gaga has the same talent to break into any genera she wants and do very well.

Back