Reload this Page Why I left/am leaving TW
Page 13 of 39
Przn
VeteranXX
Old
241 - 07-20-2011, 13:52
Quote:
Originally Posted by nigafool View Post
it's funny how the posters who say things like "im hesitant to post now because of what could happen to me" seem to be people who never had anything interesting to post to begin with
not the most logically sound bit. (usually) ****ty posters are ****ty people, (usually) ****ty people recount stories about themselves or do the "me" and "I" sentences like women do 90% of the time.

it still doesnt take away from the fact that you are using "****ty posts" to justify this new incentive/constraint: if you **** up and give anything away in 15 years that can be traced to you, we will use it to get at you. if it bothers you, thats your problem that it bothers you, and you put it out in the first place.

that seems pretty reasonable. i dont argue that its rational. but here's what i dont understand, why do you need to do it this way? look if PosterA posts about some ****ty boat or pics of some ****ty purchase decision and next week comes out *****ing about govt and him being on welfare, its your duty to **** on someone for being a tool. PosterB talking about 'sharp knees' on an actress should be reminded he's 500lb and all that.

but thats not what some people are balking at, its the google searches leading to raw posts read by 'normies' in someone's acquantance/professional circles.

i think the stimulants are making me way more interested int his post than i should be. i have no idea why im playing devils advocate for 5000 words.

Last edited by Przn; 07-20-2011 at 13:55..
Sponsored Links
Detox.enD
VeteranXV
Old
242 - 07-20-2011, 13:52
he also seems to think a permaban is going to do something.

the logic is just flooding in from tehvul

Rakk
Veteran4
Old
243 - 07-20-2011, 13:54
I feel strongly about this issue, but I'm not sure which side I am on.

Fuzzy
VeteranX
Old
244 - 07-20-2011, 13:54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Przn View Post
dunno man.

the only reason i cant shake tw is because of all the forums i knew of, tw was still the most raw. i could get away with anything here. try throwing out absent ****** posts in SA, hardocp, genmay or wherever else.

tw is losing that no-holds barred aspect with this ****. ya i know how that sounds too, 'lack of rules is ruining the freedom.' but not all of us write poetry for a living fuzzy and some of us may have ****ed up when we were 14 or 16 on this forum leaving traces.

what little drive i have to post outside the lol thread on this forum is fading. i could easily backtrace my own name out of this forum. i know none of the parties involved, by the sound of it the nexting party is the mature, cogent, grounded folk and the OP doesn't seem to belong on TW. but don't pretend like you aren't putting restraints on posts with this nexting crusade.
so somehow the threat of some internet person emailing your boss some **** you said on an internet forum under a pseudonym 6 years ago is going to hurt your career?

i don't get it.

before i became a writer i worked as an office manager for a general contractor, and if the owner of the company ever got an email about some crazy **** i said on TW, he'd probably have shown it to me laughing.

there has yet to be a single person from TW who has been nexted out of a job (fourstar wasn't nexted, he attacked another forum openly and they complained to his employer), and there will most likely never be.

like i said, it's psychological terrorism.

look at all these stupid ****ing threads badmofo has been making ever since fraggle posted his linkedin. nothing's happened to him, but the guy has been having a meltdown ever since. he's scared of nothing.

if you want to know how nexting works, just go and try to next someone. the only reason to do it is to laugh as they freak out. what normal person is going to take the time to call their job repeatedly, come up with some huge lie to get them fired, compile years worth of damning internet evidence that makes them look like they should be fired, etc.? it's a huge waste of time.

nexting is just another form of trolling. you find some ******* who's constantly talking about themselves/being a douche/posting dumb **** no one wants to read, and you freak them out to the enjoyment of everyone on TW

and it ****ing works.

look at that dude vero or w/e who i freaked out like a year ago. i found some of his info, claimed i knew his gf, said she was cheating with some random dude she was friends with on facebook, and because he was some insecure, immature queer, his relationship fell apart. but i'll tell you what, that little ****er learned a thing or two. but the whole thing was all in his head. he didn't lose his job, i never contacted anyone he knew.

Last edited by Fuzzy; 07-20-2011 at 13:58..
ScooBySnaCk
Tribalwar Staff
Contributor
Old
245 - 07-20-2011, 13:55
Was it fourstar who was taking the pics in Toys-R-Us or some ****?

Rayn
Tribalwar Admin
Contributor
Old
246 - 07-20-2011, 13:56
before i became a writer,

T-Refried-455
VeteranXX
Old
247 - 07-20-2011, 13:56
fuzzy is killing this thread

i don't see how anyone is still confused after reading his posts

nigafool
VeteranXX
Old
248 - 07-20-2011, 13:56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Przn View Post
not the most logically sound bit
i honestly read your whole post and maybe im dumb but i didnt think i got an explanation as to why what i said didnt make sense

Falhawk
VeteranXX
Old
249 - 07-20-2011, 13:56
that was blitz

fourstar was the guy *****ing about a coupon forum ****ing with his company for free samples and then **** talking with them

he basically nexted himself

Villi
Veteran5
Old
250 - 07-20-2011, 13:57
itt: tehvul stole the show from joe something

ScooBySnaCk
Tribalwar Staff
Contributor
Old
251 - 07-20-2011, 13:57
then blitz did get "nexted" correct or was he just caught?

Ztir
VeteranXX
Old
252 - 07-20-2011, 13:58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fool View Post
Ok so let me follow Tribalwar logic a little: Demand nexting be stopped, google bomb Jason Kotz. Admins should delete threads/ban people, watch as same conversation explodes into multiple threads after deletions.
that sounds about right

its only bad if you aren't doing it

also, posting someone's name which could possibly be found via diligent google seaching, then cross referencing posts 8 years old for facetious quasi racist jokes is much worse than posting a false allegation of a serious crime using someone's full name in every post you make(which is a lot) for months on end

T-Refried-455
VeteranXX
Old
253 - 07-20-2011, 13:58
blitz was being a completely creepy rl pervert

that's a bit different from just being an annoying poster

Rayn
Tribalwar Admin
Contributor
Old
254 - 07-20-2011, 13:59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
so somehow the threat of some internet person emailing your boss some **** you said on an internet forum under a pseudonym 6 years ago is going to hurt your career?
what is this 6 years ago crap? what if I want to post offensive **** now?

nigafool
VeteranXX
Old
255 - 07-20-2011, 13:59
according to blitz he wasnt fired or something

from what i remember he is nearly homeless now and eats from garbage cans

i think that was bound to happen to him regardless though

havax
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
256 - 07-20-2011, 14:01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detox.enD View Post
he also seems to think a permaban is going to do something.

the logic is just flooding in from tehvul
this.

wtf is banning someone going to do? absolutely nothing. so get off the admin's dicks. they provide a great place of knowledge and entertainment for free, leave them alone.

stop posting your personal **** on the internet. facebook is for ******s anyway.

Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
257 - 07-20-2011, 14:01
He's just holding out for his rap career to take off.

Vanster
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
258 - 07-20-2011, 14:02
It's amazing to me Blitz is still alive. The day will come when he forgets to keep breathing in and out and that will be it.

Przn
VeteranXX
Old
259 - 07-20-2011, 14:02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post

i don't get it.
this is it exactly.
its not that i would be crushed and my world would fall into ruin, fuzzy. but tw is not important enough to have to explain or even have to discuss my posts on tw with anyone who i dont want to discuss it with. that little bit of awkwardness is a significant enough cost to make me hold back on some ****.

i link some friends to tw posts, made by me or not, but if there was a chance that people i did not choose would be shown my posts on tw, i would hesitate in posting. a big drive of this place is the anonymity man. someone may have linked in, may have facebook, and so they can link cat pics or talk about obamacare with their name attached. but tw is different. you can link the same cat pics or talk about obamacare without your name attached. youre kind of taking away one of tw's principle perks.

Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
260 - 07-20-2011, 14:03
Przn, do you believe that there is even the slightest possibility that someone would care enough to next you?

Page 13 of 39

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Why I left/am leaving TW

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
ಠ_ಠ , ace-con.com is awesome , ace-con.com ripped me off , ace-con.com trash site , big fucking deal , chris johnson toronto , doin my own thing in wow forum , must be doing something right , o neat kura is posting , the fall of tw , yarr matey i banged katie