Page 39 of 2009
havax
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
761 - 03-15-2011, 17:20
Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler View Post
i cant waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaait
I read it in gir's voice, much better.

Sponsored Links
spockhammer
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
762 - 03-15-2011, 17:23
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfISvx6G4R8

Mindflayr
VeteranXV
Old
763 - 03-15-2011, 17:31
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOD View Post
The ****ty map design was also used to help provide a reason for the vehicles which was supposed to offset the crappy player physics. Balancing players and vehicles is a huge pita.
And you would know. Im curious, after you and z0dd had the Physics relatively near where you wanted them, what % of the overall process was just spent tweaking the vehicles to fit the new physics and be balanced to the players?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vir View Post
By opinions that had been formed I hope you mean the ones that thought T2 crashed while installing, crashed while navigating the community features, and crashed while playing. Since these counted for the vast number of returns they're really the only opinions that mattered and they had nothing to do with the gameplay.
While the crashing issues caused most of the returns - especially from Non T1 Players, there was a very large group of players who didnt return it, but went back to t1 within months due to the gameplay. I was one of those. I came back for B++ and enjoyed it until Classic came out when I fell in love with the game again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerosene31 View Post
Classic split the T2 community in two and things started going downhill after that. Many of the base players didn't like it, and not enough new people came back. It split a smallish community into two tiny groups which whithered away.

Maybe things were just going south at that point anyway, but it seemed like there was a resurgence with classic which quickly fizzled out. Not long after there were only a handful of servers and a bunch of noobs walking around.

A perfect example of why modding isn't always the solution, especially for small communities.
T2 Base split the community in 2. By the time B++ came the competative community was begging for it. Non comp players didnt really give a **** about they physics because they were busy running around on the ground Missiling everything, or cloaking in the base trying to get the gens, or playing on Houston Vehicles. B++ revitalized the game a little, but it just gave us a taste leaving us wanting more. When CLassic came out, it revitalized competition and the game for over a year, but it did further divide an already massively divided community. Had Classic not come out, the game would have dwindled (as it was hence Them having Z&Z make classic) much faster and the game as we know it today would be entirely dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOD View Post
It was late in the game and **** was already going downhill. They also didn't do enough to push it. It shouldn't have been a mod, it should have been the new base. People would have adapted. It had to compete with base++ (which we intentionally dropped support and development of), that other mod of which I forget the name, TR2 and base.
100% Agreed. When Classic released, it would have made a huge impact had it replaced Base instead of dividing the playerbase further. The other mod was V2 I believe, which was somewhere between Classic and B++ in physics, but had other tweaks as well. This further divided the community. This is why with Ascend, the WORST thing they could do would be to launch with 2 different sets of phyics like a few people (very few) have asked for trying to appease both the T2 Base crowd and the t1/t2c crowds.

spockhammer
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
764 - 03-15-2011, 17:35
t2 classic is 4 mutants

Teratos
Veteran5
Old
765 - 03-15-2011, 18:01
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChewSpitt View Post
I think that depends on your definition of cheating.
More like your definition of reality. You guys think people have "invincibility" hacks and "permacloak" etc etc

spockhammer
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
766 - 03-15-2011, 18:11
lol permacloak

vawlk
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
767 - 03-15-2011, 18:13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerosene31 View Post
Classic split the T2 community in two and things started going downhill after that. Many of the base players didn't like it, and not enough new people came back. It split a smallish community into two tiny groups which whithered away.
I love classic for pubbing initially, but I didn't like it in matches and I stopped playing in a tribe. Defense became MD, BB, then Snipe. Turtling standoffs became the norm and it got really boring.

While base was slow, I liked the increased teamwork it required. Base++ helped but still lacked speed. One of the last betas of classic seemed ****ing perfect...only to have it ****ed up for release. Someone made it way too easy to go fast. One small hill and a DJ and you are back to the flag in a few seconds. It wasn't worth chasing anymore, so everyone started sniping.

Mindflayr
VeteranXV
Old
768 - 03-15-2011, 18:21
Quote:
Originally Posted by vawlk View Post
I love classic for pubbing initially, but I didn't like it in matches and I stopped playing in a tribe. Defense became MD, BB, then Snipe. Turtling standoffs became the norm and it got really boring.

While base was slow, I liked the increased teamwork it required. Base++ helped but still lacked speed. One of the last betas of classic seemed ****ing perfect...only to have it ****ed up for release. Someone made it way too easy to go fast. One small hill and a DJ and you are back to the flag in a few seconds. It wasn't worth chasing anymore, so everyone started sniping.
This may have been your personal experience, but I couldnt disagree more. Chasing is very very possible and required. the team with LD that can chase in Classic wins.

Ill Take MD/BB/Snipe/CG for Defense over ELF, Huge Turret Farms, Tanks on Flag etc that Base & Base++ encouraged.

ChewSpitt
Banned
Old
769 - 03-15-2011, 18:38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teratos View Post
More like your definition of reality. You guys think people have "invincibility" hacks and "permacloak" etc etc
nah I think the most common hacks are terp, textures, and perma iffs. there is also an auto lance out there.

I haven't played T2 in a while but all this talk makes me want to fire it up and get my ass kicked.

motoxbudd
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
770 - 03-15-2011, 18:54
yall r stupid. t1 renegades was 'n will always be the ultimate gaming experience.

-moto

Killjoy
VeteranXX
Old
771 - 03-15-2011, 18:59
Moar like TRIBES: ASS-END

AMIRITE?

spockhammer
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
772 - 03-15-2011, 19:03
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killjoy View Post
Moar like TRIBES: ASS-END

AMIRITE?

NoFiX
VeteranXV
Old
773 - 03-15-2011, 19:07
Ass-end could be amazing, or really bad. In this case, Rosie O'Donnal.

CalJuice
Veteran++
Old
774 - 03-15-2011, 19:11
So this game is going to be on xbox but as a download. I hope that doesn't mean it's going to be a cheap xbox arcade title,

Zengei
VeteranXX
Old
775 - 03-15-2011, 20:35
I just want TAC3.

slogg
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
776 - 03-15-2011, 20:36
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalJuice View Post
So this game is going to be on xbox but as a download. I hope that doesn't mean it's going to be a cheap xbox arcade title,
Monday Night Tribes:Ascend

Goofy
VeteranXV
Old
777 - 03-15-2011, 20:48

dibs
VeteranXV
Old
778 - 03-15-2011, 20:50
awwwww you are weak

ZOD
VeteranX
Old
779 - 03-15-2011, 20:54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindflayr View Post
And you would know. Im curious, after you and z0dd had the Physics relatively near where you wanted them, what % of the overall process was just spent tweaking the vehicles to fit the new physics and be balanced to the players?
Considering we weren't going to add any new vehicles or remove the originals (no time) we were left with few options other than the arduous task of tweaking vehicle parameters. Any additions, like chain gun on the cycle, sensor jammer on the transport and MPB teleporter was ported over from stuff I had done previously so there wasn't any time to those facets other than code merge. I would say it was probably 15% dev time on the vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindflayr View Post
100% Agreed. When Classic released, it would have made a huge impact had it replaced Base instead of dividing the playerbase further. The other mod was V2 I believe, which was somewhere between Classic and B++ in physics, but had other tweaks as well. This further divided the community. This is why with Ascend, the WORST thing they could do would be to launch with 2 different sets of phyics like a few people (very few) have asked for trying to appease both the T2 Base crowd and the t1/t2c crowds.
That was it, V2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vawlk View Post

I believe the build you liked (I did too) was run at the East coast LAN at the time and then changed for the West coast LAN for the easy to ski final. We had the same harder to ski physics in Mechina mod that was released shortly after Classic.

Vir
VeteranXV
Old
780 - 03-15-2011, 20:54
can not forget the bioderms. t:v didn't have bioderms, look what happened

Page 39 of 2009

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Tribes : Ascend

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
35 psi , animal approves , ascend means more shrikes , austrians , badmofo is a big fucking deal , better graphics without t1 , bf3 blows goats , blitz is a cyberathlete , conspiracy , constraints = creativity , dare play tribe , derp , fuzzy is best tribe player , grapple , kill obibun's dad please , loadout fail , loafting , look i added some tags , moar mortar plz , obibun taint licker , odio is a fucking retard , odio is fucking a retard , phase 12 , primers , raaaaape~wdeath , targeting laser ftw , the enemy is raping our base , the tao of tribe , this game will succeed , tits:ass , tribes 4 will be fun , tribes: ass end , unreal engine fail , vab nothing left to prove , ze balls make it gay