Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Tribes : Ascend
Page 16 of 2009
JestrzPlague
VeteranXV
Old
301 - 03-11-2011, 21:42
T1 & T2 vet checking in. Hope this doesn't suck like T:V.

Sponsored Links
Destiny
VeteranXV
Old
302 - 03-11-2011, 21:50
sorry ... dont have 1500 bucks to buy a super computer that can play something like this at a descent frame rate. I spent 750 bucks on a rig for tribes 2 and the frame rate was less than 30 fps. tribes died in 2005 ... vab

BIGSEX_
Veteran++
Old
303 - 03-11-2011, 21:52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destiny View Post
sorry ... dont have 1500 bucks to buy a super computer that can play something like this at a descent frame rate. I spent 750 bucks on a rig for tribes 2 and the frame rate was less than 30 fps. tribes died in 2005 ... vab
Wut

dr_boom
VeteranXX
Old
304 - 03-11-2011, 21:56
Anyone know if they're going to support user made maps, content, etc... on this version? I heard with the MMO they were not going to.

Flyersfan
VeteranXX
Old
305 - 03-11-2011, 22:00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destiny View Post

ok what

WeRe-|WoLf|-
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
306 - 03-11-2011, 22:26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayn View Post
revisionist history.
you hit that **** now at your age, you'd think nothing of it.
its not that tribes was awesome, its just that your life back then was a lot more fun
just saying.
No, I was old, and it was awesome. I will grant you though that one aspect of it was that it was unprecedented in team gaming features for the time, of which many can be taken for granted now.

Marweas
Weasel4
Contributor
Old
307 - 03-11-2011, 22:34
There are so, so, so many ways for this to go wrong. But becuase there is a non-zero chance that this could go right, I will root for them, and wish them the best.

T@rget
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
308 - 03-11-2011, 22:42
This was the first thing I saw when walking into PAX today:

Magus
VeteranXX
Old
309 - 03-11-2011, 22:43
No tribes game can ever capture the moment that was Tribes 1. No matter how many times they try, it just can't be duplicated. All the personalities, all the people, it was a perfect storm really.

Who knows though, the game itself could be fun. Since everyone has moved on to other things, it really wouldn't do much to change anything.

Astroboy
VeteranX
Old
310 - 03-11-2011, 22:45
Just glad there is a chance a good tribes game could be on this way. Instead of the ip collecting dust

NiceBoy
VeteranXV
Old
311 - 03-11-2011, 22:47
t1 came during the early era of PC gaming where almost everything was considered "innovative." hence why a strong community was developed and lasted for years on end (this on top of the super competitive-team-based nature of the game)

now, everything is a re-hash of re-hashes, PC gaming has become what arcade gaming used to be. mindless linear gaming (hi CoD) with a focus on the individual (hi strong kill:death ratio).

bottom line: the current younger gen (hs/college) will not be as intrigued by T1 as we were back in 99

(doesnt mean i wont try T:A out, but i have low expectations)

Rilke
VeteranX
Old
312 - 03-11-2011, 22:54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marweas View Post
There are so, so, so many ways for this to go wrong. But becuase there is a non-zero chance that this could go right, I will root for them, and wish them the best.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroboy View Post
Just glad there is a chance a good tribes game could be on this way. Instead of the ip collecting dust

spockhammer
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
313 - 03-11-2011, 22:55
basically t1 and tw r a baby and if u dont take care of it right i gonna come to all ur houses and murder

KillerONE
VeteranX
Old
314 - 03-11-2011, 23:00
I'll buy it, not sure I'll play it much. Tribes the franchise holds a special place in my heart. I'll shall support Tribes and pray for a bright future.

VashioStampede
VeteranXV
Old
315 - 03-11-2011, 23:02
so wait...all info we have is just a name "Tribes : Ascend" ??? is that it???

buize
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
316 - 03-11-2011, 23:03
i preordered t:v and didnt even take it out of the box after playing the beta

shadowman
VeteranXV
Old
317 - 03-11-2011, 23:07
I'll buy regardless just because I appreciate the effort.

Mindflayr
VeteranXV
Old
318 - 03-11-2011, 23:13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aegis View Post
I think the solution should be to not display how many deaths you have. I feel like TF2 handles teamplay pretty well. There are a few of the achievements that make people go solo and do dumb stuff, but for the most part nobody cares about deaths. They are focused on whatever the objective is.

DrMeithos
VeteranX
Old
319 - 03-11-2011, 23:18
Maybe they can include a mod that actually is T1 + new graphics and we'll see which version is more successful.

Rosdower
VeteranXX
Old
320 - 03-11-2011, 23:20
if the game is good some of the old players will come out of the wood work. I mean if you actually "retire" from gaming then you are whipped or so successful that you don't have time, and knowing the people that are on this board the latter is a long shot.

Page 16 of 2009

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Tribes : Ascend

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
35 psi , animal approves , ascend means more shrikes , austrians , badmofo is a big fucking deal , better graphics without t1 , bf3 blows goats , blitz is a cyberathlete , conspiracy , constraints = creativity , dare play tribe , derp , fuzzy is best tribe player , grapple , kill obibun's dad please , loadout fail , loafting , look i added some tags , moar mortar plz , obibun taint licker , odio is a fucking retard , odio is fucking a retard , phase 12 , primers , raaaaape~wdeath , targeting laser ftw , the enemy is raping our base , the tao of tribe , this game will succeed , tits:ass , tribes 4 will be fun , tribes: ass end , unreal engine fail , vab nothing left to prove , ze balls make it gay