FPessence?

Sponsored Links
Rayn
Tribalwar Admin
Contributor
Old
282 - 03-11-2011, 20:33
revisionist history.
you hit that **** now at your age, you'd think nothing of it.
its not that tribes was awesome, its just that your life back then was a lot more fun
just saying.

Ztir
VeteranXX
Old
283 - 03-11-2011, 20:33
ll I ask is that u can play online splitscreen with a guest account

CelticMojo
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
284 - 03-11-2011, 20:34
Not hardly.. I think I have more fun the older I get. Tribes was just that fun.

Santa
VeteranXV
Old
285 - 03-11-2011, 20:34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocman View Post
Here it is:

Tribes: Ascend, developed using the Unreal 3 engine

When will they learn?

Hurricane Harold
VeteranX
Old
286 - 03-11-2011, 20:36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcanox View Post
There's absolutely nothing wrong with the Unreal Engine. The misconception that people get is that the engine that a game uses dictates the outcome of the product. It's nothing like that at all, it's merely a starting point that developers customize according to their needs.

If there's a ****ty buggy product at the end, the accountability ultimately lands on the developers. Irrational games flaked out with T:V because they made terrible design choices, and didn't focus on the MP aspects. It stood up well as a SP game and that's what they're good at. If you had a company like DICE doing Tribes as an MP focused game, I'm sure the outcome would have been much different.

KiLLeR2001
VeteranXV
Old
287 - 03-11-2011, 20:39
Few things need to happen for this to be successful...

- Good game types, CTF being the primary, but also Team Rabbit and Duel would be nice to see.

- Original maps as well as the classics from T1. (Raindance, Stonehenge etc)

- Speed, game has to be fast-paced where suiciding isn't frowned upon, more of a tactic.

- Scoring, should focus more on team score rather than individual score. Everyone seems to be concerned with their own personal scores like you see in Black Ops / BC2. When I played Tribes, I could give a **** about my score, all I cared about is if our team won at the end.

- When I type ~wdeath, I better hear a goddamn awful dying sound.

Hurricane Harold
VeteranX
Old
288 - 03-11-2011, 20:43
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLeR2001 View Post
- Scoring, should focus more on team score rather than individual score. Everyone seems to be concerned with their own personal scores like you see in Black Ops / BC2. When I played Tribes, I could give a **** about my score, all I cared about is if our team won at the end.
This a thousand times. Deemphasize personal scores as much as possible. You know what sucks about playing the objective modes in Halo/CoD? No one's actually playing for the objectives.

Pengo
VeteranXV
Old
289 - 03-11-2011, 20:48
They are planning a 2011 release but don't even have ANY gameplay in their trailer? (or at least the new one I just saw)

As far as scoring, yeah you should definitely get points for helping the team rather than only for getting kills, but if i'm taking down their cappers and saving the day for our team, I'd better damn well have a higher personal score that reflects my higher skill at the end of the game than some no-skill repair jockey who lost every fight he was in, but repaired a bunch of stuff.

Milk-Man
VeteranXX
Old
290 - 03-11-2011, 20:48
Newb mentality

vawlk
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
291 - 03-11-2011, 20:49
Quote:
Originally Posted by groundzero View Post
or return to 1998. cant figure out which.
You must still be young....

oDDable
VeteranXX
Old
292 - 03-11-2011, 20:52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayn View Post
revisionist history.
you hit that **** now at your age, you'd think nothing of it.
its not that tribes was awesome, its just that your life back then was a lot more fun
just saying.
Sure, who didn't love high school or college or whatever, but to think that Tribes wasn't something special in terms of its actual content is just not correct.

Vehicles, player-produced animations and the voice chat menu, targeting laser + mortar. Once skiing became a part of the landscape the game became limitless.

BIGSEX_
Veteran++
Old
293 - 03-11-2011, 21:03
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Harold View Post
This a thousand times. Deemphasize personal scores as much as possible. You know what sucks about playing the objective modes in Halo/CoD? No one's actually playing for the objectives.
Exactly. Headhunter should be the most fun gametype in Reach, yet people just sit in corners with shotties trying to up their k/d. Useless.

El Mariachi
VeteranXV
Old
294 - 03-11-2011, 21:06
Rayn's just mad at all the insomnia he had in those days with a 13" monitor.

DrMeithos
VeteranX
Old
295 - 03-11-2011, 21:15
I hate the "don't ask TW for advice!" bull****.

"What should we do TW?"
"T1 + new graphics"
"Ok sounds good. But, lets add new vehicles, change the physics, and tweak the weapons."
(Game/mod fails)
"****ING TRIBALWAR"

Rayn
Tribalwar Admin
Contributor
Old
296 - 03-11-2011, 21:15
oh hey lawrence whats up

El Mariachi
VeteranXV
Old
297 - 03-11-2011, 21:20
Yea its been a long, long time.

Teratos
Veteran5
Old
298 - 03-11-2011, 21:25
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMeithos View Post
I hate the "don't ask TW for advice!" bull****.

"What should we do TW?"
"T1 + new graphics"
"Ok sounds good. But, lets add new vehicles, change the physics, and tweak the weapons."
(Game/mod fails)
"****ING TRIBALWAR"
Someone quote corosuousss talking about how the grappler is great.

daerid
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
299 - 03-11-2011, 21:35
Holy crap, El Mar showed up? Wow.

On the OT, didn't we already go down this road, like 5 times before? This will not end well.

Aegis
VeteranX
Old
300 - 03-11-2011, 21:39
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGSEX_ View Post
Exactly. Headhunter should be the most fun gametype in Reach, yet people just sit in corners with shotties trying to up their k/d. Useless.
I think the solution should be to not display how many deaths you have. I feel like TF2 handles teamplay pretty well. There are a few of the achievements that make people go solo and do dumb stuff, but for the most part nobody cares about deaths. They are focused on whatever the objective is.

Page 15 of 2009

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Tribes : Ascend

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
35 psi , animal approves , ascend means more shrikes , austrians , badmofo is a big fucking deal , better graphics without t1 , bf3 blows goats , blitz is a cyberathlete , conspiracy , constraints = creativity , dare play tribe , derp , fuzzy is best tribe player , grapple , kill obibun's dad please , loadout fail , loafting , look i added some tags , moar mortar plz , obibun taint licker , odio is a fucking retard , odio is fucking a retard , phase 12 , primers , raaaaape~wdeath , targeting laser ftw , the enemy is raping our base , the tao of tribe , this game will succeed , tits:ass , tribes 4 will be fun , tribes: ass end , unreal engine fail , vab nothing left to prove , ze balls make it gay