Post your rigs, TW!!

Guitars
Paul Reed Smith SE Soapbar
Epi Special II (my first guitar <3. 10 years ago)

Bass
Fender J 5 String

Amp / Speakers
Hartke 3500a
1x15" Peavey cab

Drums
pdp dw x7

Recording/Etc
Boss ME-50 (I think..) multi effects pedal
FastTrack USB Interface
Sonar Producer 8
Edirol PCR midi keys

I've been playing a Rivera M100 head and a pedalboard through a 2x12, in the hard rock band. I am unsatisfied.

Today I agreed to buy a Marshall 4x12 and will be returning my Mesa TriAxis and 2:Ninety to service. It's a 15 year old rig, but god damn it, it sounds fucking awesome. It's what I've been trying to sound like for the past 10 years and failing.

Guitars
Parker Fly Deluxe '98
Parker Hornet Goldtop '06

Amp/FX
Mesa/Boogie TriAxis
Mesa/Boogie 2:Ninety
Marshall 1960A Cabinet with Celestion G12T75 speakers@8Ω in stereo
Alesis Quadraverb
ART X-15 MIDI Pedalboard
Peterson StroboStomp Tuner

I rocked it tonight after a practice shakedown, and it sounded FUCKING MAJESTIC. I was very pleased and have no desire for any new gear! Harmonics were clear and squealy, feedback was always in key with the song. Low end was punchy, the mids sang beautifully, and the highs were biting without being piercing.

Fuck, I am IN LOVE.

Edit: Here's pic!

mark_rig.jpg

I've now toured around a bit with this rig (Indy, Chicago, Canton, Buffalo, etc) and it's holding up nicely, and has streamlined my setup/takedown. It sounds great, but it can get a little shrill at high volume, so I have to sort of keep it in the middle. I had the chance to play it with a Mesa 4x12 and it was terribly boomy - I like the Marshall cab a lot better. I'm considering putting some Hellatones in the cabinet and seeing if that smooths out the shrillness.

Still loving this rig!

Last edited:
Okay, another rig update. This is for Sass' band.

Guitars
2005 Rickenbacker 620 (solidbody 6-string)
1973 Gibson Les Paul Recording Model

Amp/FX
1990 Rivera M100
Marshall 1960A Cabinet with Celestion G12T75 speakers@8Ω in mono
Line6 MM4 Modulation Modeler
Line6 DL4 Delay Modeler
Peterson StroboStomp Tuner

Did a band practice with this band today, it sounded fucking awesome. Very very glad to have found a home for this rig. I have the clean channel dirtied up quite a bit and I'm using the dirty channel for really raunchy stuff and solos. Sounded wonderful; I'll post a recording at some point.

sassrig1.jpg

My incredible outfit for the stage that day.

sassrig2.jpg

The wife's rig - a Crate CR-1, cranked, and a Strat. There are worse things.

Last edited:
It's entirely dependent upon volume. It only gets shrill if I turn the amp WAY up.

I put a pretty high value on signal phase so I tend to avoid EQs other than what is inboard on my preamp. I would rather effect a change in the sound with a speaker changeout.

Played Detroit this past weekend. Huge stage, had the rig turned up to maybe 3, it was still a little more biting for my taste.

The amp does have presence knobs that I try to dial in every gig - just to make sure I have enough, but not too much, "fizz" in my dirty sound.

So I'm gonna throw a couple of Hellatones in the 4x12 and see what happens. I have a total of 4 of them if need be, but I'll start with a pair in an X pattern and see how it sounds, and have the soundguy mic the darker speaker. :shrug:

My DeArmond M-72
m-72.jpg

Blackstar HT-5 head
BlackstarHT5Head1_1.jpg

An Emperor 1X12 Cab (will look similar to this one once it shows up.)
emp_cab_1x12_merlot.jpg

I also have a fender acoustic that was given to me and a Yamaha Acoustic that is more than 40 years old. I also have a 1964 Slingerland drum set with a WFL snare, that is currently broke down in my tool room and I'm not gonna take a picture of it.

I like it, I haven't used it a whole lot at the moment (hence the ordering of a new cab). 2 channels is nice and I play at lower volumes most of the time. Breaks up nicely. I got it mainly for the price and reviews over at harmony central but I am pretty happy with it.

Dunno if drummers are allowed in this thread but oh well

newdrumss.jpg

Mapex M birch 7 piece with hardware
Tama Warlord Valkyrie snare (maple)
dw4000
16'' Paiste PST5 Rock and Medium crashes
16'' Paiste RUDE crash/ride
14'' Paiste Signature soundedge hihats
20'' Paiste Signature reflector bell ride
18'' Wuhan china

My last two aquisitions, the ride and snare

newdrums.jpg

drumsnew2.jpg

My favorite cymbals, my hihats
drumsnew3.jpg

Believe it or not, the PST5 rock crash is my all around favorite crash. The RUDE is good for emphasizing the other two, because it's the deepest and loudest sounding crash I have. The warlord was 600 bucks alone, but I guarantee if any drummers have the cash and want it, get it. I dont use the birch snare anymore, that's it sitting on the side. Might put it up for sale

I've got some drum mics and cables sitting around, just need to buy a mixer and cheap recording software so I can put some videos up on youtube. Might post them once I get all that set up

Last edited:
I don't know why drummers buy Paiste cymbals. I've never heard one that sounded good.

My old drummer got in early on the internet gold rush, though, and registered paiste.com before the cymbal company did. He traded them their domain name for a complete set of their best cymbals - like $10k worth - and they sounded okay, but honestly, I prefer mine still.

I have a mix of Zildjian (new beat hats & A ping ride) with a few Sabian crashes (couple of Vaults and an AAXplosion), and a AA splash.

I love my 18" Vault crash. That thing is fucking brutal for hard rock & metal.

Just depends on what you like I suppose. Higher end Zildjians sound ok to me, but as far as beginner and intermediate cymbals are concerned, PST5's completely obliterate ZBT's, B8's, and ZXT's. Alpha's (intermediate line) sound as good to me as any pro line sabian or Zildjian. That's just me though, my main inspiration when I started playing drums were bands like Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, and Slayer, so naturally I followed their choice of cymbals somewhat.

Back