Rich studs of Teedub - come get your ultimate gaming PC by Die Hard - Page 4 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Rich studs of Teedub - come get your ultimate gaming PC
Page 4 of 4
Die Hard
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
61 - 12-01-2010, 15:44
if you were in the US sure, but I am pretty sure there is a lot more shipping + tax involved sending **** to canada, so yea.

Sponsored Links
jayvee
VeteranX
Old
62 - 12-01-2010, 15:45
Quote:
Originally Posted by filsinger View Post
So you can't help out a poor guy on the low end? oh well worth a try.

I've been shopping a lot, any recommendations for parts?

Right now im looking at this:

AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor

MSI 870A-G54 AM3 AMD 870

G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Dual Channel Kit
I have the 965 be, runs hot as **** @ 3.4. imo get the 1055t tbh breh

Die Hard
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
63 - 12-01-2010, 15:46
yea overclocking 1055t to something like 3.4GHz is very easy, and it cost probably similar to the 965 BE

filsinger
Crazy HookerX
Contributor
Old
64 - 12-01-2010, 15:50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Die Hard View Post
if you were in the US sure, but I am pretty sure there is a lot more shipping + tax involved sending **** to canada, so yea.
Not really. Shipping cost is usually like 10% more than inside the US. If there are any additional costs, the receiver is responsible.

HypnosisFX
VeteranXX
Old
65 - 12-01-2010, 15:51
lol my system cost much cheaper and is better than that.

filsinger
Crazy HookerX
Contributor
Old
66 - 12-01-2010, 15:52
What is the cheapest no frills motherboard you recommend? I don't need video or crossfire.

and if i do go up to the 1055t, wouldnt it make more sense just to jump to the i5 750 at that point?

groundzero
VeteranXX
Old
67 - 12-01-2010, 15:54
no one ****ing cares that your system is better and cheaper.

die hard is the man.

Die Hard
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
68 - 12-01-2010, 16:28
Quote:
Originally Posted by filsinger View Post
What is the cheapest no frills motherboard you recommend? I don't need video or crossfire.

and if i do go up to the 1055t, wouldnt it make more sense just to jump to the i5 750 at that point?
For gaming i5 will probably do better than AMD counter-parts, so yea if you were to build a gaming PC then i5 is probably a better choice over 1055T.

Gigabyte, Asus, EVGA all make good motherboards but are generally more expensive than BIOSTAR, MSI, ASRock, ECS, Foxconn etc. I have build a lot of systems using BIOSTAR and and ASRock, never had a problem with them (not counting the open box ones I bought and had to return). If you want a cheep no frill one then look into their boards on newegg. Something like this would work perfectly fine for most people if you want to just build an entry level LGA1156 gaming system: Newegg.com - ASRock H55M-LE LGA 1156 Intel H55 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard

filsinger
Crazy HookerX
Contributor
Old
69 - 12-01-2010, 16:37
Thanks for the recommend. A board that cheap might make going to the i5 possible in my budget. It's only sporting 2ram slots though, How long do you think 4gb will hold onto being the decent price/performance range. I guess in like 1.5 years when i'd want to add more, two 4gb sticks will probably be the norm, then i'd just dump the two old ones.

I've currently got an ATI 5770 1gb if that makes any difference in recommendations.

Die Hard
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
70 - 12-01-2010, 17:08
You'll pretty much never use more than 4GB of ram for normal use and gaming right now, so I wouldn't worry about memory. 2x4GB prices have dropped below $100 ($90 during black friday / cyber monday) and will probably keep going down, so I wouldn't worry about that.

Blitzkrieg
VeteranXV
Old
71 - 12-01-2010, 17:22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Die Hard View Post
You'll pretty much never use more than 4GB of ram for normal use and gaming right now, so I wouldn't worry about memory. 2x4GB prices have dropped below $100 ($90 during black friday / cyber monday) and will probably keep going down, so I wouldn't worry about that.
It's going down for sure. article from digital about DRAM prices falling in Q4 of 2010. We will probably enjoy 2 quarters of falling DRAM prices right now and we'll see how things go 2 quarters from now.

It's actually below cost for some smaller producers but they will keep on making RAM at a loss because it's better than shutting down and hope for a turn around.

Page 4 of 4

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Rich studs of Teedub - come get your ultimate gaming PC

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
spam , spammer