Reload this Page Top Secret Clearance.
Page 3 of 4
Detox.enD
VeteranXV
Old
41 - 07-13-2010, 13:56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firepower! View Post
A polygraph is not a routine part of the background investigation, but is a requirement for certain agencies/positions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pride View Post
Originally, no, I didn't need to undergo a polygraph test, but for a specifc job I filled in Iraq I needed to go through (and pass) a counterintel polygraph. Once you have it, though, it's good for a couple years.

And, you're right, S and TS are levels of clearance and the SCI/G/HCS/ are all caveats to it. Add-ons if you will depending on what's necessary for your job.
Awesome, thats what I thought.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Detox.enD
VeteranXV
Old
42 - 07-13-2010, 13:57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwaihir View Post
Maybe a confidential or secret clearance is cheap becasue they just do an electronic search to see if you popped up on any databases, but a TS requires a lot of manpower and cost.
yeah, doesn't cost anything to get secret clearance. of course we may fall into a small business exception - larger companies may need to pay something, but i don't believe it's much.

Firepower!
VeteranXX
Old
43 - 07-13-2010, 14:05
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwaihir View Post
My number may be high but it absolutely way more more tha 4-6k especially when you have a slightly challenging investigation. the cost is why a lot of companies will not sponsor a new investigation when they can poach government people or military that already have active clearances. The cost is in the manpower to process the applications, adudication and the investigation process. it costs a lot of money to send the agents out to talk to friends, family, neighbors. When you throw in a poly, it goes up even higher.

Maybe a confidential or secret clearance is cheap becasue they just do an electronic search to see if you popped up on any databases, but a TS requires a lot of manpower and cost.
I am an OPM investigator and it is my job to do the fieldwork on the case. The cost for a background investigation is either a flat fee, or in some cases the cost depends on the amount of fieldwork scheduled. The difficulty of the investigation or the man hours spent working the case does not significantly affect the price of the investigation. I am not familiar with the costs outside of the field investigation.

VonTed
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
44 - 07-13-2010, 14:21
What he said, TS requires a lot more leg work for the investigators.

JDizzle4Rizzle
Meat Gazer
Old
45 - 07-13-2010, 14:26
Join the Army and get a job that requires it, then get medically chaptered out and get the job you really want.

BallZDeeP
VeteranXX
Old
46 - 07-13-2010, 15:16
mine expires in August

ICMeltdown
VeteranX
Old
47 - 07-13-2010, 15:19
Quote:
Originally Posted by antifreeze View Post
Any of you have this? Where can I get one and how much does it cost?

I know theres a few of you that are govt. contractors.
If you work for a private company they will set you up, if you work as a contractor directly to the government or for the government they will fix you up.

ALL Public Trust, S, TS clearances go through the government.

Detox.enD
VeteranXV
Old
48 - 07-13-2010, 15:20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firepower! View Post
I am an OPM investigator and it is my job to do the fieldwork on the case. The cost for a background investigation is either a flat fee, or in some cases the cost depends on the amount of fieldwork scheduled. The difficulty of the investigation or the man hours spent working the case does not significantly affect the price of the investigation. I am not familiar with the costs outside of the field investigation.
Quick question for you, if you do the field work...

why are you all such dbags? i can't imagine any of the ones i've interviewed with being any fun at all, although I'ms ure they are and its just an act at the job...

can you elaborate?

WarBuddha
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
49 - 07-13-2010, 16:37
Going through my clearance **** right now for the Navy, pain in the ass, have to do a psych eval and all kinds of ****.

Also it costs anywhere from 80-100g's to get a clearance, so at doing it yourself.

Teratos
Veteran5
Old
50 - 07-13-2010, 16:40
Are these "licenses to kill"? Like if I paid for one for myself, could I just go off people like James Bond or Matt Damon?

WarBuddha
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
51 - 07-13-2010, 16:43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teratos View Post
Are these "licenses to kill"? Like if I paid for one for myself, could I just go off people like James Bond or Matt Damon?

Everything is seperated into compartments. Basically you get to know about the Top Secret events of one specific thing and that's about all your clearance is good for. So if you build fighter jets the only thing your TS is good for is the jets you actually work on, everything else is off limits.

SL83
VeteranXV
Old
52 - 07-13-2010, 16:48
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarBuddha View Post

Everything is seperated into compartments. Basically you get to know about the Top Secret events of one specific thing and that's about all your clearance is good for. So if you build fighter jets the only thing your TS is good for is the jets you actually work on, everything else is off limits.
Everything is based off Need to know.

WarBuddha
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
53 - 07-13-2010, 16:49
Basically what I said

Teratos
Veteran5
Old
54 - 07-13-2010, 16:51
So I could kill people related to my job, but not outside it?

SL83
VeteranXV
Old
55 - 07-13-2010, 16:51
The PDF I posted pretty much answers everything.

SirBatesAlot
VeteranX
Old
56 - 07-13-2010, 16:55
tell us about roswell once you get it

Firepower!
VeteranXX
Old
57 - 07-13-2010, 17:51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detox.enD View Post
Quick question for you, if you do the field work...

why are you all such dbags? i can't imagine any of the ones i've interviewed with being any fun at all, although I'ms ure they are and its just an act at the job...

can you elaborate?
I don't know. I try to have fun and keep things as informal as the job allows. I heard the investigator who did my background actually cornered my friends as he questioned them. I am 26 and so I can't really speak for the other investigators, most of which are about 15+ years older than I am.

Dogun
Veteran++
Old
58 - 07-13-2010, 18:34
Pretty much, either work for the government in a capacity that requires one, or work for a company that does government contracts, and have them 'put you in' on one. The process can take months or years, depending. Being active on TW probably won't help.

Trinston
VeteranXV
Old
59 - 07-13-2010, 18:41
Anyone who claimed to have a clearance will be kidnapped soon.

ScooBySnaCk
Tribalwar Staff
Contributor
Old
60 - 07-13-2010, 18:51
Quote:
Originally Posted by SL83 View Post
If you actually are sponsored - enjoy filling out your e-QIP.
the one that was created for windows 3.1?? That was so much fun!

Page 3 of 4

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Top Secret Clearance.

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
anti not-so-sekret freeze , anti's cover is blown , antifreeze was here