Highfive
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
1021 - 06-17-2010, 17:41
Quote:
Originally Posted by bEbOp View Post
In need of protip assistance.

When fighting the collectors and husks - what is the best combo/team to use?

Right now I am a level 30 soldier, team is Jack and Mordin.

Once the collector barriers are down I can slice through them no problem, but when I am facing scions/husks my team goes down extremely fast and then I die from the husks.
The husks are definitely the hardest part on the higher difficulty simply because they rush you where all other types of enemies try to take cover usually.

I had to bump the difficulty down on the level where you have to hold them off for 5 minutes while the planetary defense gun is powered up.

Sponsored Links
LordMelkor
Veteran4
Old
1022 - 06-17-2010, 18:44
Quote:
Originally Posted by bEbOp View Post
In need of protip assistance.

When fighting the collectors and husks - what is the best combo/team to use?

Right now I am a level 30 soldier, team is Jack and Mordin.

Once the collector barriers are down I can slice through them no problem, but when I am facing scions/husks my team goes down extremely fast and then I die from the husks.
For my insanity run I used the AOE warp+fire to get their shields down, then I used some buff biotic aoe spell to blow away all the now shieldless husks... this works most of the time, but you gotta get the timing down with the cooldowns and such.

bEbOp
VeteranX
Old
1023 - 06-17-2010, 18:48
Thanks guys, I just switched my skill over to aoe Reave to pull down barriers and armer, and I have a biotic with me to use shockwave to toss the husks away.

HG
VeteranX
Old
1024 - 06-17-2010, 18:49
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordMelkor View Post
For my insanity run I used the AOE warp+fire to get their shields down, then I used some buff biotic aoe spell to blow away all the now shieldless husks... this works most of the time, but you gotta get the timing down with the cooldowns and such.
This. I had to spec into AoE warp for that reason alone. I hated not having a huge single target warp, but those ****in' husks, man...

Validuz
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
1025 - 06-17-2010, 21:52
Quote:
Originally Posted by inkja View Post
ITT: Validuz is a whiny nerd virgin ******.
Says the person in denial posting in a gaming forum, in a thread created discussing an RPG.

Quote:
Oh wait, that's every thread. Seriously why do you care so much about something like this, are you 15?
I can't help being analytical. I'm sorry you're too simple-minded to grasp these concepts.

:x

Validuz
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
1026 - 06-17-2010, 21:55
Quote:
Originally Posted by HG View Post
This. I had to spec into AoE warp for that reason alone. I hated not having a huge single target warp, but those ****in' husks, man...
Yep, same. In fact, I had to reload the game very far back and go through a tremendous hassle to even get the AoE Warp ability by resetting my squad talent points with some third-party software.

There was one section where two Scions and about 10-15 Husks just rush you when youre in the barrier. That **** was impossible without an AoE move from your teammates and maybe you too.

Hence my earlier statement about the "ability users" vs Soldier.

Fartypants
VeteranXX
Old
1027 - 06-18-2010, 10:09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Validuz View Post
Yep, same. In fact, I had to reload the game very far back and go through a tremendous hassle to even get the AoE Warp ability by resetting my squad talent points with some third-party software.

There was one section where two Scions and about 10-15 Husks just rush you when youre in the barrier. That **** was impossible without an AoE move from your teammates and maybe you too.

Hence my earlier statement about the "ability users" vs Soldier.
i just sniper headshotted the scions to death then heavy pistoled the husks

how do people think bioware games are hard?

Validuz
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
1028 - 06-18-2010, 10:35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fartypants View Post
i just sniper headshotted the scions to death then heavy pistoled the husks

how do people think bioware games are hard?
So as a solider, you all-out sniped the scion in the background from full health to nothing, even as the husks (two waves of 4) are already charging, then you pistoled the husks down, and then all-out sniped the second scion down, while the husks were still pouring in, huh?

Wow, I really want your sniper rifle. It's so weird, because three of the four assault rifles I have are higher damage than all of the sniper rifles AND they take far more advantage of full talented Adrenaline Rush, which sniping doesn't.

That's quite the feat you pulled off there. It's almost as if you're full of **** and played an Infiltrator on lower difficulty, and NOT a Soldier on Insanity.

So weird!

soundjester
VeteranXV
Old
1029 - 06-18-2010, 10:37
man I need to replay this game.

inkja
VeteranXV
Old
1030 - 06-18-2010, 10:41
Quote:
Says the person in denial posting in a gaming forum, in a thread created discussing an RPG.

I can't help being analytical. I'm sorry you're too simple-minded to grasp these concepts.

:x
You clearly care way too much about computer games. To whine like a ****** about a computer game when most people on TW have grown up says to me that you haven't got a real life and don't know what casual gaming is.

I bet you're fat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAT_xDquiHw

Fartypants
VeteranXX
Old
1031 - 06-18-2010, 10:47
Quote:
So as a solider, you all-out sniped the scion in the background from full health to nothing, even as the husks (two waves of 4) are already charging, then you pistoled the husks down, and then all-out sniped the second scion down, while the husks were still pouring in, huh?

Wow, I really want your sniper rifle. It's so weird, because three of the four assault rifles I have are higher damage than all of the sniper rifles AND they take far more advantage of full talented Adrenaline Rush, which sniping doesn't.

That's quite the feat you pulled off there. It's almost as if you're full of **** and played an Infiltrator on lower difficulty, and NOT a Soldier on Insanity.

So weird!
actually i killed both the scions, then the husks. it's what 4-6 headshots each? to kill those things

i just let the husks pound on my teammates

mass effect really isn't hard buddy

Witch
VeteranXV
Old
1032 - 06-18-2010, 11:16
I always play on normal. I care more about the story than actually finishing a game on hardest difficulty. That being said, infiltrator assassin sniper rocked. With all upgrades I was dropping Harbingers in couple headshots <3

Madend
VeteranXV
Old
1033 - 06-18-2010, 11:56
too bad you can't customize your weps as much as in ME1. ramping up the sniper rifle so it overheated every shot + assassination did joke damage

also i'm an analyst in real life and i think *****ing about balance in a singleplayer game this much is pretty sad. is all that aggravation really worth the picture of a badge for the achievement?

Validuz
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
1034 - 06-18-2010, 12:39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fartypants View Post
actually i killed both the scions, then the husks. it's what 4-6 headshots each? to kill those things

i just let the husks pound on my teammates

mass effect really isn't hard buddy
That's so weird.

Because I remember the first scion coming into view from the center/right as the first squad of husks climbed up. About 15 seconds later, the second scion came into view from the left. Of course if you don't kill the husks within ~5 seconds they are already on you.

I loaded the game up and sure enough it was just like I remembered it, which is nothing like you claim.

So weird! Your game must be a super special edition or something. Gee golly, I guess mine is different then.

Validuz
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
1035 - 06-18-2010, 12:41
Quote:
Originally Posted by inkja View Post
You clearly care way too much about computer games. To whine like a ****** about a computer game when most people on TW have grown up says to me that you haven't got a real life and don't know what casual gaming is.

I bet you're fat.

lol NO U CARE MORE!!1

Hypocrisy. Go look it up in the dictionary. I'll wait.

Validuz
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
1036 - 06-18-2010, 12:48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madend View Post
also i'm an analyst in real life and i think *****ing about balance in a singleplayer game this much is pretty sad. is all that aggravation really worth the picture of a badge for the achievement?
Yea, I'm sure you're real analytical.

So anyways, back to the point: I don't play on the hardest difficult for some microsoft gamerscore nerd achievement. I do it because I don't feel enjoyment if it's too easy.

With that said, the game I'm paying $60 for (same as casual console retards), should have some level of effort put into my platform. Removing weapon keybinds is kind of a big annoyance when they make "ammo" so scarce for a particular class that relies 100% on ammo.

It not only implies that they didn't do any testing, but that they clearly don't give a **** enough to do any testing. If the PC version is going to be ****tier, make it cheaper.

Quote:
too bad you can't customize your weps as much as in ME1.
Wow, almost sounds like you're *****ing about it. Sad?

Last edited by Validuz; 06-18-2010 at 12:54..
Fartypants
VeteranXX
Old
1037 - 06-18-2010, 13:11
i havnt played this game since my first playthrough

which was whenever it came out, like 3 months ago?

sorry i cant recall the with complete accuracy the details of a single enemy encounter out of 20 hours of gameplay

the point is: bioware games are easy even on their hardest settings. mass effect 2 is no exception

the only thing i remember about you is that you were a huge idiot and terrible at tribes, so your e-behavior in this thread isnt really suprising

Validuz
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
1038 - 06-18-2010, 13:13
yah im rly bad at teh tribves games. u got me ther!

It's so weird that you were so sure before, the exact scenario, scripted event, scions, husks and even how many bullets you used on each with each gun. Jesus Christ, that was quite the memory after three months.

And now you're not so sure?

p.s. You played on normal with Infiltrator.

Last edited by Validuz; 06-18-2010 at 13:15..
soundjester
VeteranXV
Old
1039 - 06-18-2010, 13:15
I played on badass with Violator.

F'N hardcore, ya'll

Validuz
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
1040 - 06-18-2010, 13:18
Yea the Violator is pretty awesome I hear. Increased damage from surprise attacks from behind right?

Page 52 of 56

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Mass Effect 2

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
sl83 , yarr matey i banged katie