Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Mass Effect 2
Page 51 of 56
Rampancy
Veteran++
Old
1001 - 06-17-2010, 09:22
wait what

i've played on insanity, i have no clue wtf you're taking about with infinite respawns

maybe that was a pc-only feature?

Sponsored Links
Validuz
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
1002 - 06-17-2010, 09:29
That I don't know. Most, if not all are like choke-points or something that you have to push while they are spawning to stop them from spawning. Although even when you get to these points, another wave comes out anyway.

bEbOp
VeteranX
Old
1003 - 06-17-2010, 10:25
I'm playing on Insanity right now, level 30 soldier. Holy **** that game is frustrating.

One moment, happily alive, full health and shield behind a wall, pop up to take a shot and DEAD.

Time to restart from 15 minutes ago...weeeeee

Validuz
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
1004 - 06-17-2010, 10:48
Yep. At least you're max-level and probably upgrades. The real problem is lower levels.

Basically, the game has a severe problem with scaling early on, and then oddly enough weird penalties with "better" weapons.

The assault rifles are a perfect example of this. The first rifle is "okay." Then you get the Vindicator and at first you're like "wtf, burst only?" Then you realize of course that it's good because you can just get ~95% headshots (if you're good). Later on, you get the Geth Pulse Rifle, which is basically a piece of **** all the way around and does probably 10% total damage at long range, even though it's accurate. And for some reason, it's rate of fire is random. How dumb is that? It just randomly speeds up and slows down. What kind of alien technology a thousand years down the road is that ****?

Finally, you get the *ARWARRRAWRAWRR* Revenant Machine Gun!!!! You're like, "oh ****, son, this is gunna be aweeesssomme!" Then of course you fire it. It has worse accuracy than the god damn shotguns. Damage is high, but you can't even begin to aim for headshots, so damage vs the Vindicator is worse overall unless you are spraying at less than 3m. You just have to sort of "control" the spray as if it were CS, but 1/3 of the bullets miss and hardly any hit the head. You're basically just aiming center-mass, instead of doing the high-damage headshots.

So basically:
Vindicator AR > Starter AR
Vindicator AR > Geth PR
Vindicator AR > Revenant MG

Absolutely retarded. BioWare's gameplay designer is seriously clueless.

M-15 Vindicator - Mass Effect Wiki - Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2, walkthroughs and more
Damage: 36.8
DPS: 145

M-76 Revenant - Mass Effect Wiki - Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2, walkthroughs and more
Base Damage: 21.3
Base DPS: 204

You'd think "well it has more dps!!" but you'd be wrong. You can burst the Vindicator very quickly, and with near perfect accuracy, a.k.a. you're pumping out more shots AND you're getting the massive headshot damage bonus.

This is basically just VERY, VERY poor game designing. The only saving grace that they could pull as a defense would be to say, "well the Vindicator is designed for the pro FPSers, because if you have good aim, then you can get headshots all day long." However, I seriously doubt that they were aiming for that, especially considering the Codex information says that the Revenant is "an upgrade from the Vindicator."

This weapon is just one of the many, many things I found out playing each game a single time. How do these designers let this **** pass? Is there no care for quality of work anymore? No pride? No attention to detail?

It's a shame. If I was part of a game like that, the only way I could even do the job is if I put my... well, everything into it and I guarantee I'd be ****ing proud of the end result. As ME2 stands, and many many other games like it and as of lately, I'd be ashamed at overlooking these problems.

A single play-through. Just one. They obviously don't care about the quality of their game. Where is the ****ing passion from these devs? It's sad.

Last edited by Validuz; 06-17-2010 at 23:52..
Kestrel
VeteranXV
Old
1005 - 06-17-2010, 11:04
they used all their passion on bg2

Fartypants
VeteranXX
Old
1006 - 06-17-2010, 11:21
i liked ME2

good story, but just like EVERY bioware game the gameplay is horrible

Validuz
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
1007 - 06-17-2010, 11:40
Another rant...

The "ability" using classes, a.k.a. everyone except Soldier. Now, the soldier has Adrenaline Rush (slow-mo basically), but he has to spend ammo... wait, I'm sorry "thermal clips" while using that ability. Every other class does far more damage and can spam their abilities indefinitely, just waiting for cooldowns. If you get a teammate that has abilities (like biotic abilities that stack damage multiplicatively), then you just use their ability, then yours and one of the two will deal a ton of damage. Then you substitute* the rest of your damage from your "main weapon," which is normally a pistil/shotgun/smg, etc.

The soldier on the other hand has no real damage abilities (besides shooting) unless he "loyalty" specs, and if he uses one of those abilities, he can't use Adrenaline Rush. All abilities share some type of global cooldown of three seconds. AR cooldown is 3 second talented. So basically if you use another ability, you're wasting AR cooldown. It's a trade, not an increase. So you end up just using a passive loyalty talent like Armor Piercing Ammunition.

Which of course leads to the overall problem: severe lack of ammunition. If anyone claims otherwise, play a FRESH soldier on Insanity. Heck, even very beginning of the game, you take your time with AR + pistol headshots and you barely have enough ammunition... err thermal clips, while scrounging around like some crack-addict looking for change on the ground to get his next fix. I think I had the clip left in my gun by time I got the rest of my weapons.... with 95%+ headshot accuracy.

So why doesn't every NPC that's holding a weapon, drop ammo when you kill them? :X

Okay, rants done, insomnia is over. Work time. BBL.

Last edited by Validuz; 06-17-2010 at 23:54..
Madend
VeteranXV
Old
1008 - 06-17-2010, 11:47
Quote:
Then you subsidize the rest of your damage from your "main weapon," which is normally a pistil/shotgun/smg, etc.
I don't think that word means what you think it means

and jesus just turn the difficulty down if you hate it that much, no one is forcing you to play it on insanity

Validuz
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
1009 - 06-17-2010, 11:51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madend View Post
Oops. lol I'm really tired, I'm drawing a blank on the word I'm looking for.

*Edit* Ah ha! Substitute! Eat ****, lack of sleep!

Quote:
and jesus just turn the difficulty down if you hate it that much, no one is forcing you to play it on insanity
I don't think you understood a single thing I've said if you think that's the problem.

inkja
VeteranXV
Old
1010 - 06-17-2010, 11:52
ITT: Validuz is a whiny nerd virgin ******.

Oh wait, that's every thread. Seriously why do you care so much about something like this, are you 15?

Golazo
Old
1011 - 06-17-2010, 11:56
validuz easily makes the all-time **** poster team. why anyone would even read his posts, let alone respond to them, is beyond me

Jasp
VeteranXV
Old
1012 - 06-17-2010, 11:59
hey look its fufu

bEbOp
VeteranX
Old
1013 - 06-17-2010, 12:00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madend View Post

I want the achievement for playing on Insanity, so I'm going to push through it, but jesus **** did Bioware make it easy to die.

inkja
VeteranXV
Old
1014 - 06-17-2010, 12:04
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasp View Post
hey look its fufu

Fartypants
VeteranXX
Old
1015 - 06-17-2010, 12:08
i thought insanity was easy as ****

i was soldier with that gun that only shoots burst

miranda with her make people do more dmg skill maxd
and the blue alien whore with the brain powers

just use the appropriate weapon/skill for whatever armor/shield/etc (heavy pistol w/ flame rounds to get through armor for example) and **** dies instantly

getting the squad version of the ammos is a good idea

edit: also there's some skill that lets you recharge your shield (barrier? i dont remember) so when you get low on shields just hide behind something and press the 'give me my shields back' button

Celios
VeteranX
Old
1016 - 06-17-2010, 12:48
ME2 is a good game, but val is right. It's downright silly for the port to be this sloppy considering how well done ME1's was.

****, just let me bind a key to opening the journal or codex like I had in the first game. Or even just let me use arrow keys to scroll through text. Can't imagine why they would actually remove trivial usability features like that going from 1->2.

bEbOp
VeteranX
Old
1017 - 06-17-2010, 13:48
In need of protip assistance.

When fighting the collectors and husks - what is the best combo/team to use?

Right now I am a level 30 soldier, team is Jack and Mordin.

Once the collector barriers are down I can slice through them no problem, but when I am facing scions/husks my team goes down extremely fast and then I die from the husks.

Fox k
Veteran++
Old
1018 - 06-17-2010, 14:01
I just hope the 3rd one tells us why the hell we shot up a giant terminator at the end of the 2nd game.

dubsack
VeteranXV
Old
1019 - 06-17-2010, 14:03
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox k View Post
I just hope the 3rd one tells us why the hell we shot up a giant terminator at the end of the 2nd game.
uh... wasn't this explained in ME2?

Jacabo
VeteranX
Old
1020 - 06-17-2010, 14:59
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubsack View Post
uh... wasn't this explained in ME2?
yes, it was.

Page 51 of 56

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Mass Effect 2