Reload this Page xbox360 and firmware hacking
Page 2 of 4
bam
VeteranXV
Old
21 - 05-05-2010, 19:15
Quote:
Originally Posted by cannon- View Post
Pretty sure that's exactly what I said I was gonna do.

Also what's the point of spending $300 on the elite when you're just going to hack it? Don't really need all that storage...
Didn't see that you posted that, oops. I bought the Elite because it could be easily flashed (it was a BenQ drive and I knew it) and it had HDMI.

Sponsored Links
cannon-
Veteran5
Old
22 - 05-06-2010, 21:25
Ok so I got a 20gb pro off ebay for cheap. It's a BenQ. Which firmware version do I want to use?

ixtreme LT v1.1 for BenQ?

bam
VeteranXV
Old
23 - 05-07-2010, 01:10
Exactly and good find cause BenQs take like 2 seconds.

cannon-
Veteran5
Old
24 - 05-07-2010, 06:44
Yeah I think I did everything correctly. Jungleflasher went smooth besides a few pc freezes. I went to walmart to try and find some Verbatim DVD+R DL but they didn't have any so looks like I have to wait for newegg to ship me a spindle.

I'm excited to give it a go. I'm reading up on ABGX and trying to understand all of this security talk, it's like chinese to me.

Is it safe to play single player burned games while being connected to xbox live? Or should I just not connect the ethernet cable at all?

I don't quite understand what they mean when they say it's risky playing online. Do they mean like in a MP game or like being connected to xbox live at all?

Tajora
VeteranX
Old
25 - 05-07-2010, 08:49
I lucked out and had a Hitachi drive. All i had to do was open up the 360, connect the drive to my old computers mobo (my old dell 4600 has a compatible mobo for flashing so no need to buy a PCI card) then flash it. Took me about 1-2 hours total and can play backup games now.
Sad thing is I got xbox live banned for playing MoW 2 before it came out. I don't really care though, the 360 is mainly for single player gaming, i play multiplayer more on the Ps3

Anji
Veteran++
Old
26 - 05-07-2010, 09:25
okay this thread got me intrested i'm gonna try and flash my Xbox 360. Apparently I have the BenQ drive now let's see how to do this ****.

Surge
VeteranX
Old
27 - 05-07-2010, 09:37
Quote:
Yeah I think I did everything correctly. Jungleflasher went smooth besides a few pc freezes. I went to walmart to try and find some Verbatim DVD+R DL but they didn't have any so looks like I have to wait for newegg to ship me a spindle.

I'm excited to give it a go. I'm reading up on ABGX and trying to understand all of this security talk, it's like chinese to me.

Is it safe to play single player burned games while being connected to xbox live? Or should I just not connect the ethernet cable at all?

I don't quite understand what they mean when they say it's risky playing online. Do they mean like in a MP game or like being connected to xbox live at all?
being connected at all

Anji
Veteran++
Old
28 - 05-07-2010, 09:43
okay so I opened up my xbox woot

how can I see if I have a pci sata card ?

Surge
VeteranX
Old
29 - 05-07-2010, 09:59

this is what sata ports look like on your PC's mobo

your hard drive is probably plugged into one

Tajora
VeteranX
Old
30 - 05-07-2010, 10:30
There's a site where they tell you if your Sata bus is compatible or not. Google it.

Ezlpo
Veteran++
Old
31 - 05-07-2010, 10:36
My 360 RRoDed on Sunday.

Highfive
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
32 - 05-07-2010, 11:17
Quote:

My understanding is that if you use the ABGX program to verify the "stealth mode" or whatever it's called then you should be good to go on Live. Otherwise, the console records the fake disc and reports it when you connect.

You can play burned games on Live as well as long as they are stealthed properly.

Anji
Veteran++
Old
33 - 05-07-2010, 11:23
okay so help please.

what I currently did

-opened up Xbox 360
-connected benq drive with pc + power

Problem:

I'm using jungleflasher and i'm at the part where I need to Intro/device and send vendor info or something.

But I keep getting the same problem:
device intro failed.

got it to work now I need firmware where did you get it ?

Last edited by Anji; 05-07-2010 at 11:33..
Smokie
VeteranXV
Old
34 - 05-07-2010, 14:51
cruncha- cruncha-

cannon-
Veteran5
Old
35 - 05-07-2010, 14:57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anji View Post
okay so help please.

what I currently did

-opened up Xbox 360
-connected benq drive with pc + power

Problem:

I'm using jungleflasher and i'm at the part where I need to Intro/device and send vendor info or something.

But I keep getting the same problem:
device intro failed.

got it to work now I need firmware where did you get it ?
I got mine off xbins.org IRC but just google ixtreme LT v1.1 Benq

EDIT: I decided to be useful and uploaded it for you

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZU4CRJBF

Last edited by cannon-; 05-07-2010 at 15:00..
Anji
Veteran++
Old
36 - 05-07-2010, 15:58
mucho mucho gracias canon I think i've modded my xbox now my next question is how do I play games. cause I just downloaded a game but it's an iso and 7.2gig big don't have any dvd's that will take 7.2 gig

please advise

nvm apparently i need to have dual layered dvds. **** i'll have to wait till tomorow to try it out

Last edited by Anji; 05-07-2010 at 16:01..
Surge
VeteranX
Old
37 - 05-07-2010, 16:05
also when you burn games i wouldnt go past 4x unless you want to have a new coaster for your desk. stick with 2.5x or 4x

SL83
VeteranXV
Old
38 - 05-07-2010, 16:07
You really shouldn't put your modded Xbox 360 online anymore at all. You're waiting for a ban to happen.

The truth is - no one knows for sure what checks Microsoft does against the 360 to see if it has a modded firmware drive. People *THINK* they know some of the checks - but the safest thing to do is to keep a modded Xbox 360 offline, and an unmodded one online.

cannon-
Veteran5
Old
39 - 05-07-2010, 16:07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anji View Post
mucho mucho gracias canon I think i've modded my xbox now my next question is how do I play games. cause I just downloaded a game but it's an iso and 7.2gig big don't have any dvd's that will take 7.2 gig

please advise

nvm apparently i need to have dual layered dvds. **** i'll have to wait till tomorow to try it out
I'm in the same boat. Ordered a spindle from newegg because I didn't feel like paying $40 for 20 of them at best buy.

You're going to want to read up on abgx in great detail if you want to avoid the ban hammer as long as possible. There's a lot more to do than just burning the game and playing.

Last edited by cannon-; 05-07-2010 at 16:10..
Anji
Veteran++
Old
40 - 05-07-2010, 16:16
I won't be going online with my xbox so I'm guessing I won't be banned I hope

and do they ban your xbox (aka you won't be able to play games anymore) or just ban your life account ?

Page 2 of 4

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page xbox360 and firmware hacking

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
odio is a fucking retard , yarr matey i banged katie