cashier's check

Bad_CRC

Linux Tribes++
Veteran XV
anyone know about cashier's checks?

If I take one out and don't need it, can I bring it back to the bank and cancel it?

If you have the original stub you should be able to no problem. If it doesn't have a stub there is probably some other way of proving you are the original purchaser. Ask before you buy.

google says I can, the teller at the bank today said no, but she seemed kind of stupid.

I'll call my other bank tomorrow, and call to talk to someone better at that bank as well.

gonna probably get a car tomorrow, but if I change my mind at the last minute and don't buy it, I want the option to get my monies back.

when i bought a car, i charged 3 grand of it on my credit card for the miles (max the dealership will let you charge), then went to the bank to get the rest. do the same.

when i bought a car, i charged 3 grand of it on my credit card for the miles (max the dealership will let you charge), then went to the bank to get the rest. do the same.

dealer said they don't take cash. not sure I want to walk around with that much anyway, but that was something I did consider. Apparently there is a limit to the amount of cash that can be deposited and they don't like the paperwork.

i mean go to the bank and buy the cashiers check after you put the 3k on your card to hold the car.

ah. I'm getting the car in the twin cities, 3 hr round trip from roch. Sucks, but I got a better deal than I could get here.

Yes. All banks are different in how you do it though.

Since you're on it as the remitter, you most likely can write "not used for purpose intended" on the back, sign it, and deposit it back into your account or use it as a backer for another check.

google says I can, the teller at the bank today said no, but she seemed kind of stupid.

I'll call my other bank tomorrow, and call to talk to someone better at that bank as well.

gonna probably get a car tomorrow, but if I change my mind at the last minute and don't buy it, I want the option to get my monies back.

Why didn't you ask to speak with a manager? That's ridiculous of course you can get your money back, like Sailyn said write "not used for purpose intended" on the back and redeposit it into your account or if your bank is shitty issue a "stop payment" on the check.

Back