Announcement: Tribal Wars Beta Test

Arcanox

Contributor
Veteran X
The development of the Tribal Wars Mod for Enemy Territory - Quake Wars has been concluded. We're now prepared to accept testers for a brief phase of multi-player testing. We're looking specifically for players who are still actively playing Starsiege Tribes and we've determined that hosting a small Tribes 1 tournament is a fair means of determining who will get entry into the beta test.

The Tournament will be Tribes 1 Base, running LT maps. The purpose of this is to have it similar to the gameplay of the mod. Applicants will have the option of forming a 6 man team and entering as a group. If you do not enter as a group, you will be randomly pooled into a team. During the course of the match, you will be observed by development team members. While winning the match you are placed in may help, factors like competitiveness and skill level are going to be held in high regard. Win or Lose, as long as you play well then you have a legitimate shot at making it in.

The maps and time of each match is TBD, but they will likely take place February 17th-21st.

There are also two other requirements that must be met in order to participate.

1. You must meet the minimum system requirements outlined here:

Software requirements Microsoft(R) Windows(R) XP/Vista (Windows 95/98/ME/2000 are unsupported)
Microsoft DirectX(R) 9.0c (included)

Minimum System Requirements
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 2.8 GHz or AMD(R) Athlon(TM) XP 2800+ processor (Pentium 4 3.0GHz or equivalent for Windows Vista)
Memory: 512MB RAM (768MB for Windows Vista)
Graphics card: 128MB NVIDIA(R) Geforce(TM) 5700 or ATI(TM) Radeon(TM) 9700 (full list of supported chipsets below)
Sound card: 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card
Harddisk: 750MB of free hard drive space, plus 200MB for Windows swap file
Internet: Broadband connection and service required for full gameplay and downloads. Features may change without notice.

SUPPORTED VIDEO CHIPSETS

* NVIDIA GeforceFX Series (5700 or higher, not including 5700LE and 5700VE)
* NVIDIA Geforce 6 Series (6200 or higher) NVIDIA Geforce 7 Series (7300 or higher)
* NVIDIA Geforce 8 Series
* ATI Radeon 9700 or higher
* ATI Radeon X700 or higher
* ATI Radeon X1650 or higher

2. You must own a copy of Enemy Territory - Quake Wars. Tribal Wars is a modification and not a standalone product, so owning a copy of this game is essential.

People who wish to apply may email twarsmod@gmail.com with the following information:

Subject line: TWARS BETA APPLICATION

-Real Name
-Gaming Nickname/Handle
-Time Zone
-Contact information (preferred email & Instant Messenger contact)
-Clan Tag
-Clan Roster (list ALL members of your tournament roster)
-Preferred date and time of match. (Feb17-21 6PM EST or later)

-Attach a dxdiag report of your system information to ensure that you meet the system requirements for the mod.

1) Press your Windows "Start" button normally found at the bottom left hand corner of the screen.
2) Select the"Run" option in the menu. (type dxdiag into the start search on Windows Vista)
3) Type in "dxdiag" in the box and press "OK"
4) Select the "Save All Information" Sometimes, you will be asked if you wish to check if the drivers are "digitally signed" Should this message appear, choose "Yes"
5) Save the file to a place on your machine where you can easily locate it again e.g. your desktop.
6) Attach the file to the application email

Any other questions regarding the Beta selection process can also be sent to twarsmod@gmail.com

I think the beta entry tournament is a ridiculous idea. Good luck with that.

Last edited:
I think the beta entry tournament is a ridiculous idea. Good luck with that.

If you don't have time to play a short T1 match on the weekend, then it's unlikely you'd have the time to test the mod.

I'm actually interested in getting quality feedback, so good T1 players, and especially people who play together regularly are going to be getting first priority on testing. This little tournament is going to help me figure out who actually plays well together, and who actually knows the game.

I played Tribes in all of its forms for more than 8 years, but unfortunately not interested in making it work yet again for this., but good luck. And @opsayo, you should be able to get ETQW for around five bucks. I did quite a while ago.

do i need the full game or can i get by on the demo

i dont know if i want to pay $20 to play a beta for a game that will probably not make it

It's like $7 bucks on Amazon, and I've seen it for $5 in store.

(on it's basic merit as your standard MP shooter, it's decent fun and worth it at that price anyway)

Can't even get people to beta test a free game ( 1.40 ). I'll beta, but I'm not going to play some dumb tourney to prove my worth.

Back