[Dubai][lol]Worlds tallest tower closes

id guess elevators if they had said mechanical not electrical

electrical leaves it pretty vague, which I guess is what they wanted to try to hide it

The point being local materials are being used, naturally it will pick up the color of the local terrain

You both lose to some extent using that calc, it makes up a small but decent amount. Reno added "if not nonexistant" and Vanster said "primary"

Now can we get off this dumb argument and go back to dubai sucking

The point being local materials are being used, naturally it will pick up the color of the local terrain
Color is added to concrete through the addition of pigments. The color of the cement dominates completely, as it is not opaque and completely coats any aggregate, fine or coarse, that is part of the concrete mix. No more sand than anywhere else in the world can be used or it's mortar.

You both lose to some extent using that calc, it makes up a small but decent amount. Reno added "if not nonexistant" and Vanster said "primary"

Now can we get off this dumb argument and go back to dubai sucking
Concrete can be made without sand, it's just not common.

Revealed: why the world's tallest tower closed

It must have been a terrifying moment for visitors to the world's tallest tower, which only opened last month.

They heard what sounded like a small explosion, then saw dust that looked like smoke seeping through a crack in an elevator door 124 floors above the ground.

Inside an elevator, 15 people were trapped for 45 frightening minutes until rescuers managed to pry open the doors.

Outside on the observation deck, about 60 more people were stranded and some began to panic.

Revealed: why the world's tallest tower closed

I've been to Doha and they have some crazy ass architecture there too. I dont see the need, I know they can only fill so many of those offices with princes and other "royal" lackeys.

we were forbidden to take any pictures, so I'll post the ones I took later :p

busted_riding_dirty.jpg

I've been to Doha and they have some crazy ass architecture there too. I dont see the need, I know they can only fill so many of those offices with princes and other "royal" lackeys.

we were forbidden to take any pictures, so I'll post the ones I took later :p

I hate that fucking city. I was food-poisoned there as a child, and we still had to drive to Dukhan (other side of the island). . dad had to pull the car over several times so I could get out in 120F and throw up. I don't know how it looks now, but it was always dirty and yucky.

I really enjoyed the sidebar where two tribalwar denizens firmly establish their roles in the world by arguing over the finer points of concrete mixing.

Wait, isn't sand full of silica crystals?

And isn't glass made from heated sillica?

So, if the building is covered in glass,

and.. she.. weighs the same as a duck,

She's made of wood.

And therefore?

A witch!

Back