[Dubai][lol]Worlds tallest tower closes

Fair enough, racism as a lifestyle choice doesn't work well here, I can see why your average narrow-minded, bigotted member of the expat community might find it a bit of a struggle.

really?

really?

racism doesn't work there? from everything i read and heard about Dubai, it's really one of few places where open racism is part of life there.

1) build biggest building evar
2) close it over technical difficulties
3) ... ?
4) profit & world domination!!

One thing I have noticed in every Dubai thread/news post is that it's full of jealous Americans making fun out of Dubai for whatever reason. I wonder if that has anything to do with the fact that they now have to travel outside U.S. if they want to see world's biggest/tallest buildings etc?

hey we were the winners until faggots from you powder keg part of the world thought it would be a good time flying a plane into the WTC. Fuck you and the middle east. NOTHING but shit comes from there. Dubai doens't have to worry about that tower going down by a bunch of pussy's either. If America wants to take care of it we will at least give you a courtesy phone call. Keep strokin that sand nigger cock.

American show their true colors when expressing glee at someone else's failure.

Poor winner, even poorer losers Can't you guys give credit where credit is due? Sooner or later you will have to, as America slides down into second rate status.

To be honest I don't really care about the "TALLEST BUILDING OMFG!!!", and I could give less than a shit about traveling to another country (or even another state) to see an overgrown monstrosity of a building. These up and coming nations seem to like to build them as some kind of phallic object, the largest architectural cock, like it cements their presence on the world stage. Indeed, Americans are steaming with rage that we no longer have the tallest building in the world. :rolleyes: It really doesn't mean shit.

Well actually The Americans havent had the tallest Office tower in the world for better than 10 years now. The sears tower was overtaken by a pair of buildings in Malaysia in 1998. There are 3 others taller as well, 2 in china and 1 in Taiwan.

Just sayin...

American show their true colors when expressing glee at someone else's failure.

Poor winner, even poorer losers Can't you guys give credit where credit is due? Sooner or later you will have to, as America slides down into second rate status.

are you kidding? because of a big shopping mall and a tower that is failing? 2nd rate status? And what credit sir? plz explain that to me! Maybe dubai should keep dreaming.

One thing I have noticed in every Dubai thread/news post is that it's full of jealous Americans making fun out of Dubai for whatever reason. I wonder if that has anything to do with the fact that they now have to travel outside U.S. if they want to see world's biggest/tallest buildings etc?

Yeah thats it... nevermind it's been like 11 years since the US had the worlds tallest building and there are 7 buildings worldwide that are taller the ours.

Last edited:
Well actually The Americans havent had the tallest Office tower in the world for better than 10 years now. The sears tower was overtaken by a pair of buildings in Malaysia in 1998. There are 3 others taller as well, 2 in china and 1 in Taiwan.

Just sayin...

I know. I didn't say that the Burj was what overtook us, the way I wrote it DOES seem to imply that though. My point was just that we don't really care that it happened.

Statistics Centre: Dubai's population is 1,241,000
posted on 30/08/2009
Dubai's population hit 1,241,000 (one million two hundred forty one thousand) as on 30 June 2006. Of the total population, 73 per cent or 911,000 are male and 27 per cent or 330,000 are female.

lol sounds like an AMAZING TIME!

Statistics Centre: Dubai's population is 1,241,000
posted on 30/08/2009
Dubai's population hit 1,241,000 (one million two hundred forty one thousand) as on 30 June 2006. Of the total population, 73 per cent or 911,000 are male and 27 per cent or 330,000 are female.

lol sounds like an AMAZING TIME!
dude didn't you hear mitch? they're all HOT

Who gives a shit about the world's tallest buildings anymore. I think I was fascinated by that for like half a day back in second grade.

Back