Mass Effect 2

For me right after I got Legion there was a discussion about wheather or not to sell him to Cerberus. I said I wanted to talk to him first, so I went downstairs and woke him up. I was able to get his side mission right away after talking with him. The IFF wasn't ready yet, so I went and did his mission. When I came back it was ready. All crew saved, all party members saved with max loyalty. So Idkmybff jill.

I did this exact same thing in my game, but when I went to do the next mission, Joker told me to take the shuttle instead.

I also had Legion fully activated and loyal before the shuttle quest... I just made sure I had done absolutely everything before going on the IFF quest. As soon as I finished the IFF quest, I did Legions loyalty quest (I didn't touch the navigation computer until I had spoken to Legion and agreed to do it) and then had the shuttle quest.

Spoiler

Last edited:
For me right after I got Legion there was a discussion about wheather or not to sell him to Cerberus. I said I wanted to talk to him first, so I went downstairs and woke him up. I was able to get his side mission right away after talking with him. The IFF wasn't ready yet, so I went and did his mission. When I came back it was ready. All crew saved, all party members saved with max loyalty. So Idkmybff jill.

I might be confused then. Just what I saw, but then again, I'm not 100% sure my daughter didn't go off and wait for the IFF to be ready before starting legion's personal quest. Shrug, perhaps that's the difference.

I read on some ME forums that there is a time-limit factor after you do the IFF quest, before the shuttle stuff... but if you have had legion for that long I'd be surprised if that was the case.

Okay, I asked our neighborhood QA guy about it and here's the deal:

If you want to save EVERYONE, as in have Legion loyal and still save the crew that was taken, you basically have to save the IFF (Legion acquisition) mission for last. After you do this mission, you can do ONE more mission before the IFF is ready and you're asked if you'd like to head through the Omega relay. Thus, you can do his loyalty mission before you're ready to go save the crew. If you decide to wait, though, some of the crew dies.

If you want to save EVERYONE, as in have Legion loyal and still save the crew that was taken, you basically have to save the IFF (Legion acquisition) mission for last. After you do this mission, you can do ONE more mission before the IFF is ready and you're asked if you'd like to head through the Omega relay. Thus, you can do his loyalty mission before you're ready to go save the crew. If you decide to wait, though, some of the crew dies.

Huh. So i guess i just lucked out.

Kinda weird it's that way. I think legion would be cool to have on teams for some other missions.

Thanks for clarifying that, makes sense now.

That pisses me off :( I went back to an old save right after doing Legion's mission when I got the DLC and did the Normandy crash site and Zaeed's crap. Now half my crew is dead :(

Oh well. I will go back and play ME1 and import that instead of a straight ME2 save.

So.. if this is the future, why did ammo replace energy in weapons?

Only thing that's made me go huh?

Yeah, that screwed me too. I had virtually everything done, aside from one small sidequest where I had to just return to Illium to see the outcome of something. I got legion, and did his loyalty quest. The ship got attacked, and I told them to wait, while I went to Illium to finish that last sidequest.

Half of my people died because of it, and I got renegade points for finishing that sidequest to boot. I'll just save them on a NG+, I suppose.

It's not ammo. Previously guns like the shotgun would overheat after only a couple of shots, now it just ejects an overheated heatsink and inserts a new one. Honestly the logic behind it is sound, they just don't give you near enough heatsinks on most guns.

Think of it this way.

The higher the damage the less shots till the gun overheats. With heatsinks it allows more powerful guns to fire without overheating, the price is having to carry heatsinks around.

Last edited:
Don't know how you managed to do legion's personal quest before the kidnapping sequence, I was under the impression that the kidnapping was triggered by starting the personal quest. Wierd.
Spoiler

Back