SL83's Extended and Ongoing Beer Thread

I don't like Blue Moon Belgian White.

I think the last belgian white i had was hoegaarden. I fucking funneled it in college. It was god awful disgusting with an aftertaste of juicy fruit chewing gum.

Prolly wouldn't like Leinenkugels either... one of my favorite whites is White Rascal by Avery, good stuff.

On an aside, I tried this:

samsmith1.jpg

And I did not like it. It was too dark/malted for me.

The winter welcome ale was ok though.

You guys talked me into buying a sixty dollar case of this stuff yesterday. So far I am happy with my purchase.

Finishing a SS Nut Brown right now...at 6am, cus I know it'll be too flat for my liking later. (alcoholic).

Not a bad beer, but thought it'd be thicker & more flavorful than it is.

Finishing a SS Nut Brown right now...at 6am, cus I know it'll be too flat for my liking later. (alcoholic).

Not a bad beer, but thought it'd be thicker & more flavorful than it is.

try the oatmeal stout, i remember it being better

I was afraid this thread disappeared.

ssmithnba.jpg

I tried the Oatmeal Stout and I didn't really like it.

:|

But I got the glass now! w00t.

ideally, you should be pouring your beer straight down the middle (not down the sides like a lot of people do to reduce head) to both see the beer "naturally" and to let it open up, a bit like wine. i've never seen anywhere near this amount of head on Gulden Draak though, even an aggressive pour only yields about two fingers worth. so that pic is a bit sensationalized for marketing purposes.

this has got to be the queerest post i have ever read

I don't like my beers having a lot of head. It means I have to wait for the fucking thing to die down so I can get more than a mouthful of foam (head :nohomo:).

none of the SS beers have very much body to them...even the oatmeal stout is thin for the style

I agree, but thats English ales for you: thin as hell cause they're all designed to be low-alcohol pub-guzzling beers.

American Ales, now those are intended to be quaffed at home, where ABV constraints are shot in the head and left at the curb.

I sometimes think of Rogue as the american embodiment of SS. Try their hazelnut if you think SS's nut brown is too norm.

Back