Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [(#)SOCCER] 2009-2010 Season Thread
Page 7 of 331
$tarlight
VeteranXV
Old
121 - 07-01-2009, 13:07
Karim Benzema has agreed to go to RM. its up on Lyon website.

Sponsored Links
Playalistic
VeteranX
Old
122 - 07-01-2009, 13:21
Yea, they needed him. Now the team is complete........ What?

JohnMcClane
VeteranXX
Old
123 - 07-01-2009, 13:23
buy buy buy buy buy buy

Kizzak
VeteranXV
Old
124 - 07-01-2009, 13:38
Quote:
Originally Posted by EssexLord View Post

1) The South-East has had 2 teams, and Miami was supposed to be a 'sure-thing' expansion team with Barcelona as a partner. All crashed and burned horribly. The South-East is not ready for MLS.
fwiw, both Miami and Tampa Bay's numbers at the time were approximately the same as Kansas City, Colorado, and Dallas

proper marketing and grassroots work would see wildly successful teams in the south east.

You want to know how I know?
A mid-week friendly in Atlanta drew over 50k for Mexico-Venezuela, Milan - America will probably draw similar numbers
We also have a massive youth soccer apparatus in Georgia, 82,000 kids played in Youth Soccer leagues in the state.

Last edited by Kizzak; 07-01-2009 at 13:42..
poopedinherbag
Banned
Old
125 - 07-01-2009, 13:41
Haaa looks like ManU are screwed next season, maybe they'll pick up huntelaar if theyre lucky

Durak
VeteranXV
Old
126 - 07-01-2009, 13:50
Quote:
Originally Posted by poopedinherbag View Post
Haaa looks like ManU are screwed next season, maybe they'll pick up huntelaar if theyre lucky
well who would you rather play with

ronaldo and kaka

or

rooney + sulky mcsulk alot

EssexLord
VeteranX
Old
127 - 07-01-2009, 13:55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzak View Post
fwiw, both Miami and Tampa Bay's numbers at the time were approximately the same as Kansas City, Colorado, and Dallas

proper marketing and grassroots work would see wildly successful teams in the south east.

You want to know how I know?
A mid-week friendly in Atlanta drew over 50k for Mexico-Venezuela, Milan - America will probably draw similar numbers
We also have a massive youth soccer apparatus in Georgia, 82,000 kids played in Youth Soccer leagues in the state.
That's crazy talk. When Beckham played the Red Bulls in Giant Stadium they drew 47,000, yet their average attendance (before, after, and still) is around 12,000.

Current attendance for the teams you specified:
Kansas City 9,703
Colorado 11,939
Dallas 8,678

These numbers are bad, so bad that I think once the league hits the 20 league maximum (under FIFA rules) it has to start looking at relocating. You can't bring in teams that won't support +15,000, and I believe that all of the expansion teams will easily reach this.

This is why the idea of regulation appeals so much to me; want to buy a team/franchise? Here's USL-2. Work your (your FO) ass off for 5 years, develop a fan base of 20,000, make your way to USL-1 then MLS. Teams like the 3 above? You deserve to be in a lower league. Single entity, although very successful and one of the reasons the league has survived with such poor attendance, has to be changed. Financial success should increase a teams quality.

Geographically the US (+ Canada, + Puerto Rico) has a huge challenge; I'm not aware of any other football league in the world that has the same distance required (I seen some statistic saying MLS players cover 5 times the distance than European players), and were about to hit this wall.

confidential
VeteranX
Old
128 - 07-01-2009, 20:45
saw this on another forum, but Galacticos part 2 is also built around a Portuguese, a Brazilian and a Frenchman now.

if only there was a big name English player for them to snap up

uno
VeteranXX
Old
129 - 07-01-2009, 20:45
****ing benzema now, mother of christ.

Monkey_b
VeteranX
Old
130 - 07-01-2009, 20:51
****ing what the ****

real got benzema too?!?!?!

MOTHER****ER THIS IS HORSE****

they took 3 of the best players on the market in one ****ing summer!??!

i hope we ass**** the new real

confidential
VeteranX
Old
131 - 07-01-2009, 20:52
I hope they keep buying, I want them to buy Ribery now. This is hilarious

Monkey_b
VeteranX
Old
132 - 07-01-2009, 20:55
villa is very close to reaching a deal with barça... which i would find to be an excellent move

and there are rumors circulating about cesc, though i obviously don't want to get excited prematurely...

uno
VeteranXX
Old
133 - 07-01-2009, 21:02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey_b View Post
villa is very close to reaching a deal with barça... which i would find to be an excellent move

and there are rumors circulating about cesc, though i obviously don't want to get excited prematurely...
there are always rumors circulating about cesc. hes not going anywhere.

Monkey_b
VeteranX
Old
134 - 07-01-2009, 21:07
are you sure? these are some heavy statements Cesc Fabregas blasts 'impotent' Arsenal | The Sun |Sport|Football

for a player of his caliber it really has to be frustrating to never win ****, at some point he's going to toss the towel and move on

Last edited by Monkey_b; 07-01-2009 at 21:09..
Kizzak
VeteranXV
Old
135 - 07-01-2009, 21:08
the sad part is that madrid could still pick up either Alonso or Mascherano as well

and despite spending all this $bling$, blatter won't ***** about it

Snaps
VeteranX
Old
136 - 07-02-2009, 00:23
[QUOTE=Monkey_b;14688844]are you sure? these are some heavy statements Cesc Fabregas blasts 'impotent' Arsenal | The Sun |Sport|Football

Fabregas responds to media speculation | News Archive | News | Arsenal.com

"I***8217;m not sure how many times I need to talk directly about my commitment to Arsenal as I continue to say the same thing over and over again, but it appears that every time I have spoken to the Spanish media recently, my words have bounced back to England, leaving question marks about my future.

"So, for anyone who is unclear or may have misunderstood what my position is, let me make myself absolutely crystal clear. I am wholeheartedly committed to Arsenal and my future lies with this great Club.

"It is a fact that we have not won a trophy for four years and yes, I am angry about that, but that anger stems from the deep deep desire I have to win things with Arsenal. I care about this Club and believe in this team. I am proud to captain this team and proud to wear the shirt. It really upsets me when people express my thoughts otherwise. The spirit in this squad is fantastic and we have the ability and mentality to compete on all fronts for silverware. Make no mistake, we are focussed and determined to show that we are capable of achieving great things together."

And that my friends is why he wears the Captain's armband. Pure class at all times.

Monkey_b
VeteranX
Old
137 - 07-02-2009, 01:40
Ok well I stand corrected. I was just surprised because it was an English paper reporting this. I never take Spanish papers seriously when they say **** because they're full of **** 99% of the time.

JohnMcClane
VeteranXX
Old
138 - 07-02-2009, 10:30
ESPN disclosesbigplans for 2010 World Cup - Richard Deitsch - SI.com

Quote:
ESPN continues to expand its soccer presence. It recently partnered with GolTV to share Spanish La Liga games (ESPN2 will air about 20 games per season; ESPN Deportes will broadcast games every weekend) and bought the UK broadcast rights to some games from England's Premier League. The U.S EPL rights are held by Fox Soccer Channel and are expected to come up for renewal in the next couple of months.

Skipper said his network is interested and does not have to have exclusivity. As first reported by Sports Business Daily, the EPL is making a three-year package available, from the 2010-11 season through the 2012-13 season.

"We are very interested and we have relayed our interest to Mr. [Premier League chief executive Richard] Scudamore," Skipper said. "We are interested in all kinds of soccer."

This end section of the article is particularly interesting to me.

Hmmm...

Kizzak
VeteranXV
Old
139 - 07-02-2009, 17:30
A new book about Beckham in the US is coming out soon and if the excerpts are anything to go by, it's going to be a major assault on his character

The timing is funny since donovan is headed back to the galaxy now and was attacked in no uncertain terms by many of his teammates in the book. Donovan considers him a ****ty captain and teammate

Quote:
Donovan didn't know what would come next, but he did know that things would have to change if he and Beckham were teammates in 2009. "Let's say he does stay here three more years," Donovan said. "I'm not going to spend the next three years of my life doing it this way. This is ****ing miserable. I don't want to have soccer be this way."
and that was before beckham tried to engineer the permanent move to milan

JohnMcClane
VeteranXX
Old
140 - 07-02-2009, 17:34
hopefully donovan leaves for europe

Page 7 of 331

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [(#)SOCCER] 2009-2010 Season Thread

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
a game of two halves , barca = bitter twats! , fa cup repeat , forever blowing bubbles , forza mourinho , jew stew , jews control soccer , liverpool > arsenal , odio is a fucking retard , rrriiiiisssseeeeeeeeeeee , soccer , they took my son , wheres my wife , yarr matey i banged katie , you'll never be gay alone , you'll never smoke alone , you'll never wank alone