[Blog][Pics]Your cars, show them to me by JustinCase - Page 19 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Blog][Pics]Your cars, show them to me
Page 19 of 19
CERVICAL-KREMS
VeteranXV
Old
361 - 06-30-2009, 13:47
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNVAR View Post
the flywheel's not that much lighter from what people tell me. the dual mass LGT one is about.... 28-29 lbs I think, and the wrx 06+ stock flywheel is about 24. i should be fine. clutch isn't slipping yet, but subaru dealer is claiming that my clutch is going out soon. i brought the car in about 2 weeks ago for diagnostics. i told them that i was feeling a possible grind going from 2->3, and i wanted it checked out, thinking that maaaaaybe something was wrong with my synchros. my warranty runs out in november, so i figured i should do it now. they give me my car back about 5 hours later, saying that the clutch is going out. i argued with them about it, basically calling bull**** on them.

yeah, the clutch pedal disengages pretty low and strangely enough, it sometimes happens that way according to what i've been reading (worn clutch = lower pedal, which is the opposite of most cars)... about 1.5 inches off the floor, but that's not what causes a grind b/c i know when i shift i fully disengage. it's synchros. they kept denying it, and charged me the $100 diag fee, and told me that i would eventually need a new clutch, quoting me $1K for the job, no warranty. i told them to **** themselves and left. i had my own mechanic drive around for a bit and he agrees that the clutch is a bit low, but it's clearly still releasing completely like it should, and that the intermittent grind i feel on the 2-3 shift is most likely due to notchiness of the 5MT. i tend to agree with my mechanic too especially since the grind from 2-3 has been there for as long as i can remember, since i bought the car probably... so it's probably not the synchros since the problem didn't get any worse.

so yeah, the only reason i bought the clutch, pp, and fw are to stick them in my garage just in case the clutch goes out any time soon.

for exhaust, definitely an invidia catted downpipe, and some (not sure what brand yet) uppipe. if i can find it, cobb catback (expensive, and not on their site anymore, wtf), or borla, or spt. definitely one of those 3. Exhaust Audio/Video Clip Compilation Thread - Subaru Legacy Forums i like the bassiness of those 3.
I hate the ****ing 5 speed. Your gears are stronger than mine, so that's a good thing for the stage 2 deal. Apparently 3rd gear (in mine at least) is prone to failure due to the gearing. I think your gears have a closer ratio than mine, and your final drive is different too, so it may not apply to you. I'd call SOA or take it to a different dealer. The one in my town is mod-friendly and does a lot of things for the racing scene around here. They also have a dyno in house and the guys from TopSpeed come down once a month to tune cars. What fluid are you running? I started using Motul 300 and it fixed a lot of the grinding feeling and little quirks that the Extra-S and Valvoline 75w-90s couldn't...highly recommended. However, my 1-2 shift feels like there's a ton of tension so I never slam it. If I get real serious, I'd just get the STi 6 speed or 1 and 2 in straight cut PPGs :evil:.

Do you really need the uppipe? Yours is already catless and you'd only get a few hp for $250-300. I love the way the Borlas sound, but that's all personal preference.

I'm about to send my oil into Blackstone labs and have them run a UOA before my warranty is up/I get tuned. I'd recommend you do the same, it's only 20 bucks and you have something to wave in the dealer's face if they were the ones doing the maintenance at the regular intervals.

Sponsored Links
iNVAR
Computer Monkey
Old
362 - 06-30-2009, 13:54
I'm still running Extra-S 75W90. It was better than whatever used to be in there for cold shifting...

My uppipe is catted. 06+ is catless. And fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck COBB discontinued their catback!!!

CERVICAL-KREMS
VeteranXV
Old
363 - 06-30-2009, 13:56
LGTforums > classifieds > win

Damn I didn't know you had a catted uppipe. The Motul apparently is the best for cold shfiting, something about pour point, blah blah blah...I don't worry about that here. You're using Rotella, right?

I'm looking for the STi Genome to replace my TurboXS axleback here shortly

iNVAR
Computer Monkey
Old
364 - 06-30-2009, 14:01
I've been stuck at home with a messed up ankle for the past 5 days, and I've been looking at the LGT classifieds every single day. No one's selling it. I just fired off about 4 emails to different companies hoping they had one sitting in their warehouse somewhere (unlikely.)

I'm still using dino Mobil 1 5W-30 but only because it's my last jug of it. I'm going to start trying different motor oils. I have a jug of Valvoline 5W-30 also. I think I'm starting to lean towards not really caring too much about the motor oil in my car as long as I do my oil changes at the right intervals and I don't drive the car hard and shut it off immediately. I'm not like you; I don't track the car, ever. My car always has time to cool off a bit. The only reason I'm switching away from Mobil 1 is because 1) other brands are cheaper and 2) I want to see if other brands are slightly thicker. I know the synthetic 5W-30 tends to run thin after a while, but I'm wondering if the dino stuff does too. I've noticed that after driving around a bit (not even driving that hard), my oil pressure at idle is around 21-22PSI, which isn't a big deal, but it makes me wonder. My next change will be the Valvoline stuff.

Flunky
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
365 - 06-30-2009, 14:17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obibun View Post

I drive this in the non-GT version, without that thing on the hood.
that's a really lame ass secretary's car...

1slob18c1
VeteranX
Old
366 - 06-30-2009, 15:51
Been driving this around the last week or so since it's been getting hotter, plus just had some stuff done to it(lowered it and put smaller tires on, had 9" of lift and 37s) to make it more driveable on the streets. It has hydraulic steering meaning you can turn with a finger at a standstill, not to mention 9" of lift and 37" tires with the sway bar disconnected

1998 Jeep Wrangler
ARB Air lockers front/rear
Slip joint eliminator
Tera low transfer case 4:1
Aftermarket driveshaft
456 gearing
AGI Assisted Steering
33x12.5r15 wheels
Engine is lifted 1"
Oversized throttle body
Roll cage
and many other small things (thermostat, water pump etc)

Basically it climbs anything I want it to and much more. I went and climbed some hills on my lunch break,..America, **** yeah!

Last edited by 1slob18c1; 06-30-2009 at 15:55..
Obibun
VeteranXV
Old
367 - 06-30-2009, 16:09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flunky View Post
that's a really lame ass secretary's car...
Yeah, life sure is tough when you're a 21 year-old student driving a convertible.

( get a grip nerd)

1slob18c1
VeteranX
Old
368 - 06-30-2009, 16:11
Quote:
Yeah, life sure is tough when you're a 21 year-old student driving a convertible.

( get a grip nerd)
Don't you mean life is tough when you have gorgeous women flocking all around and about your everyday life, wanting your penis? That is my only complaint about being a 21 year-old student.

Kelven
VeteranXX
Old
369 - 06-30-2009, 16:14
my only complaint about being a 21 year-old student is that I am 36

Flunky
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
370 - 06-30-2009, 16:18
Quote:

( get a grip nerd)
if that outweighs the fact that you're driving a woman's car I guess you're good.

Obibun
VeteranXV
Old
371 - 06-30-2009, 16:18
Jealous much Flunky?

Flunky
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
372 - 06-30-2009, 16:27
Quote:
Jealous much Flunky?
do my posts about your car make it sound like I am jealous?

you work at some car dealership right? is that a dealer car or did you actually (or your parents) spend money on that thing?

PessimiStick
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
373 - 06-30-2009, 16:29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flunky View Post
do my posts about your car make it sound like I am jealous?

you work at some car dealership right? is that a dealer car or did you actually (or your parents) spend money on that thing?
Yeah dude, you're totally jealous of his V6 Mustang. Who wouldn't be!@?!@?!@!?

Flunky
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
374 - 06-30-2009, 16:30
Quote:
Originally Posted by PessimiStick View Post
Yeah dude, you're totally jealous of his V6 Mustang. Who wouldn't be!@?!@?!@!?
no dude, I am a nerd who could never hope to attain such an awesome ***** attracting ride...

Obibun
VeteranXV
Old
375 - 06-30-2009, 17:02
You're really putting a lot of effort into not seeming jealous.

It's not working mind you.

Page 19 of 19

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Blog][Pics]Your cars, show them to me

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
badmofo has a huge penis , the fucking car thread