So who got Prototype today? by Morbid - Page 5 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page So who got Prototype today?
Page 5 of 12
Oxyminoan
VeteranXV
Old
81 - 06-11-2009, 02:57
If anything, the game's a bit on the easy side, IMO...

Sponsored Links
cerebral
VeteranX
Old
82 - 06-11-2009, 03:29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxyminoan View Post
If anything, the game's a bit on the easy side, IMO...
I agree. Once you get a few powers and figure out the rock paper scissors of it all (and figure out how to control the lock on system), you can destroy an almost infinite amount of enemies with little or no downtime. I just went on a 15 minute military killing spree, attracting as many strike teams as possible, never came close to death, and gained 250k exp.

Fatman
VeteranXX
Old
83 - 06-11-2009, 07:24
What the hell. The game finally downloaded last night. I tried to play it this morning. Got to the first chapter where you are just escaping the morgue, and need to target the chopper.

I target it, and it tells me I can change my target by moving my mouse around. Moving the mouse doesn't do ****. Nothing I press will get it to switch targets, and it's stuck here until I complete what it tells me.. WTF?!?

Data
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
84 - 06-11-2009, 08:32
Uh-oh...

MajorChaos
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
85 - 06-11-2009, 08:49
Love this game, bit on the easy side. The only thing thats giving me a problem from time to time is hunters. I'm on day 6 of the outbreak. you got to admit though it sure is fun slicing your way though platoons of marines. Or taking over a marine then strolling into a mob of those ****ers only to release a devastator attack.

Travace
VeteranXV
Old
86 - 06-11-2009, 08:51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahnit View Post
Are you using keyboard and mouse or 360 controller....if you are using a mouse give up.
yea this game is definitely NOT made with PC in mind. It feels like they jsut made it happen so it was available for that platform.

Surge
VeteranX
Old
88 - 06-11-2009, 18:22
x360a.com has scans from the guide of all the hints and web targets

Sojourn
VeteranX
Old
89 - 06-11-2009, 18:56
So...

Fun game? What's the consensus so far? Worth getting?

HelenKeller
Blind BitchXV
Contributor
Old
90 - 06-11-2009, 19:00
fun game. lots of violence. you feel like a ****ing badass. not terribly hard (unless you're using keyboard/mouse i'd imagine). power/ability upgrades, and you're rewarded for indiscriminately killing - soldiers, mutant monster thingies & civilians alike.

the game's not much more or less than that. i have it on the ps3 and while people may complain that it's not on the highest end when it comes to graphic detail of buildings, etc - a colossal amount of **** can be going down around you and there is zero slowdown whatsoever.

you can spend some time focusing on plowing through the main storyline, or just go around being a badass and going wherever you want. that's cool too.

SuicideSnowman
VeteranXV
Old
91 - 06-11-2009, 20:51
The thing I like about this game is you can kill civilians without getting "in trouble" like in Crackdown. It actually encourages you to cause as much violence as possible to gain experience. I never get tired of picking people up and throwing them at other people.

It's also pretty gory. You can pick up a person and throw them against a nearby wall and they basically explode on impact.

I-C-E
VeteranX
Old
92 - 06-11-2009, 20:56
I went to see when this would be in at blockbuster(tuesday or friday) and they said they don't even have it on order. What the hell is that all about?

Sojourn
VeteranX
Old
93 - 06-11-2009, 21:05
Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenKeller View Post
fun game. lots of violence. you feel like a ****ing badass. not terribly hard (unless you're using keyboard/mouse i'd imagine). power/ability upgrades, and you're rewarded for indiscriminately killing - soldiers, mutant monster thingies & civilians alike.

the game's not much more or less than that. i have it on the ps3 and while people may complain that it's not on the highest end when it comes to graphic detail of buildings, etc - a colossal amount of **** can be going down around you and there is zero slowdown whatsoever.

you can spend some time focusing on plowing through the main storyline, or just go around being a badass and going wherever you want. that's cool too.
Compare the graphics to, say, GTA 4 or Assassin's Creed. Those are pretty open games, in terms of running around and having **** going on. Of course, in AC you didn't blow **** up, but whatever...

Sounds like fun, all the same. I have a game controller for my PC, so if the keyboard/mouse is a *****, I can use that.

HelenKeller
Blind BitchXV
Contributor
Old
94 - 06-11-2009, 21:14
Quote:
Originally Posted by I-C-E View Post
I went to see when this would be in at blockbuster(tuesday or friday) and they said they don't even have it on order. What the hell is that all about?
guess who runs blockbuster?

and sojo i'd say it's pretty similar to gta4, but if you throw all the crazy **** that can go down all at once in prototype, i wouldn't think for a second that gta4 would be anywhere near as smooth as prototype runs. assassin's creed's detail in buildings & what not may be a little better, but that may be more of an issue of the fact that there's just more **** required to be detailed about in the world AC takes place, compared to present day nyc anyway.

i also like the tons of different things the civilians & soldiers will say depending on whether you're disguised, or when you're holding a civilian up by the neck, or any number of situations. the detail in this sense is pretty goddamned great in prototype, and it goes a long way to enhance the submersion you feel as you get into the game.

and what i've read about PC experiences is that the gamepad would definitely be the way to go

SaintDude
Miss Deaf Texas++
Contributor
Old
95 - 06-11-2009, 21:15
Downloaded via Steam today. Having a blast with it. Feels like GTA meets X-Men meets Assasin's Creed. Only 6 missions in so far since all I've been doing is running around the city ****ing about. Haven't had any problem with the mouse and keyboard setup at all except for driving the tanks. I'm used to Battlefield style tank controls where this thing wants to go wherever the hell it wants. A bit annoying but manageable.

Oh one of my favorite things to do for cheap chuckles is to pick up a car and run around the city like a two legged wrecking ball.

Madend
VeteranXV
Old
96 - 06-11-2009, 21:15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
What the hell. The game finally downloaded last night. I tried to play it this morning. Got to the first chapter where you are just escaping the morgue, and need to target the chopper.

I target it, and it tells me I can change my target by moving my mouse around. Moving the mouse doesn't do ****. Nothing I press will get it to switch targets, and it's stuck here until I complete what it tells me.. WTF?!?
move the mouse while holding tab (or whatever your targeting key is)

game just crashed on me at a cutscene at the end of one a long missions and i have to start at the very beginning now :/

SuicideSnowman
VeteranXV
Old
97 - 06-11-2009, 21:20
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintDude View Post
Oh one of my favorite things to do for cheap chuckles is to pick up a car and run around the city like a two legged wrecking ball.
That's what's cool about the shield ability. You have that up and you just run around plowing through everything instead of jumping over everything.

Mangle-Me-Elmo
VeteranXX
Old
98 - 06-11-2009, 22:14
my new favorite thing to do is glide off of tall buildings, pick a car far below and turn it into a crater

HelenKeller
Blind BitchXV
Contributor
Old
99 - 06-11-2009, 22:18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangle-Me-Elmo View Post
my new favorite thing to do is glide off of tall buildings, pick a car far below and turn it into a crater
that is awesome. i also like doing the same thing only with a civilian, throwing the ****er down to the ground and then seeing the aftermath below you

Rurouni
VeteranXX
Old
100 - 06-11-2009, 22:22
this game seems conducive for my ADD

probably will end up like when i play GTA... kill a few people and get bored

i will get this game

Page 5 of 12

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page So who got Prototype today?

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
badmofo has a huge penis