Low flying jumbo jet near Manhattan freaks out thousands by Icey - Page 6 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Low flying jumbo jet near Manhattan freaks out thousands
Page 6 of 9
vawlk
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
101 - 04-27-2009, 18:58
You know how much money it costs to maintain those planes? And they send it up in the air to get a ****ing picture?

I seriously do not have any faith in our government anymore. If I were president, I would have ****canned whoever authorized that immediately.

Sponsored Links
creative
VeteranX
Old
102 - 04-27-2009, 19:00
so i work in nyc and we have an office in jersey city that had to be evacuated (no one knew what was going on). Our MD sent an email to everyone in our division (we have like 600+ people worldwide on this distribution inlcuding some very high ups) stating that they had to evacuate that building as a precaution blah blah blah...but the kicker is one of the guys in the building replied ALL to the message and REEMED out senior management for the poor coordination and execution of the evacuation. Apparently everyone was climbing over one another to get out of the building and people were going nuts! Crazy day. There was a video floating around work that showed how close it was to their building.. INSANELY.close.

mjoe
VeteranXX
Old
103 - 04-27-2009, 19:09
need that video

SuicideTaxi
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
104 - 04-27-2009, 19:12
I must have been in the wrong line when Binocularvision was handed out by God... cuz Im pretty sure I couldn't identify Air Force One or Air Force Six Hundred Thousand Twenty Nine from a good distance away.

def
VeteranXX
Old
105 - 04-27-2009, 19:13
i love it when someone replies all on accident and goes off on someone

mjoe
VeteranXX
Old
106 - 04-27-2009, 19:16
Quote:
The White House canceled a planned a second photo shoot of a jumbo jet used as Air Force One in Washington, D.C., next month, according to an administration official. The followup session had been scheduled to take place May 5 or May 6, using the nation***8217;s capital as a backdrop. The administration cancelled the Washington shoot after the negative public reaction to Monday***8217;s flight in New York.
how can you argue that they were not trying to recreate 9/11?

telos
VeteranXV
Old
107 - 04-27-2009, 19:21
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicideTaxi View Post
I must have been in the wrong line when Binocularvision was handed out by God... cuz Im pretty sure I couldn't identify Air Force One or Air Force Six Hundred Thousand Twenty Nine from a good distance away.
Every one is screaming "OMG IT WAS SO DAMN CLOSE".

So the next leap in logic is it was pretty damn close and there are a lot of people that could identify AF1 from a quarter of a mile out.

creative
VeteranX
Old
108 - 04-27-2009, 19:24
Quote:
Originally Posted by def View Post
i love it when someone replies all on accident and goes off on someone
he meant to. I just don't think he realized the ramifications of replying all to this email distribution. I mean this guy was a peon and he essentially blasted some of the top top top exec's in our firm. On top of the fact that he sent it to everyone, he had spelling errors and punctuation errors all over the email. It was hysterical. and THE BEST part was that he signed the email

"I am,

xxxx"

what kind of douchebag does that? hahahah

creative
VeteranX
Old
109 - 04-27-2009, 19:29
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjoe View Post
need that video
youve probably seen it by now, someone from our office sent it to foxnews/ local nbc. I have it if you have a host. Ill UL it now.

SuicideTaxi
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
110 - 04-27-2009, 19:34
Quote:
Originally Posted by telos View Post
Every one is screaming "OMG IT WAS SO DAMN CLOSE".

So the next leap in logic is it was pretty damn close and there are a lot of people that could identify AF1 from a quarter of a mile out.
So the way your brain functions is that it assumes that every ****ing person in the entire city of New York that flipped out had Air Force One fly directly over their head in plain view and clearly idenfitiable?

telos
VeteranXV
Old
111 - 04-27-2009, 19:49
If it was close enough to cause you to panic and run out of your place of work it was close enough to be identified or you are not a rational human being.

Fox
VeteranX
Old
112 - 04-27-2009, 20:10
Quote:
Originally Posted by apollod View Post
If you're an american, and cannot honestly identify what air force one looks like, then you should probably have your citizenship revoked. Even if they identified the plane as "the one from that harrison ford movie" fine, they at least get a pass.

Baby Bew
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
113 - 04-27-2009, 20:13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox View Post
get off my forums

dooster
VeteranX
Old
114 - 04-27-2009, 20:17
Ok, this was royally ****ing retarded. The ny investments team was having its morning meeting, sitting in the conference room (floor to ceiling glass windows on the south western corner looking out of the window facing towards the statue of liberty) and we see a 747 at about eye level barreling straight towards us and then veering off at the last minute after reaching the southern tip of manhattan. It was being tailed by a fighter jet. Some people in our building were already evacuating. After I saw that it was coming back for a second loop around and that it looked like Air Force One, I wasn't that bothered any more but it was completely unnecessary. Debate how much harm was caused by this all you want but the fact is the pics would have been the same if they let people know before hand. There were people who were genuinely spooked for the rest of the day. My mom's a shrink in the city and said she had half a dozen patients call her today to talk about it.

View from conf room:

Sojourn
VeteranX
Old
115 - 04-27-2009, 20:22
Quote:
Originally Posted by apollod View Post
If you're an american, and cannot honestly identify what air force one looks like, then you should probably have your citizenship revoked. Even if they identified the plane as "the one from that harrison ford movie" fine, they at least get a pass.
You should try looking at the pictures before you put your foot in your mouth. Except for the ones that zoom in directly on the plane, from the side(and with the right lighting), it looks like a plane. Any plane. Any big ****ing plane.

This was a ridiculously stupid idea.

Sojourn
VeteranX
Old
116 - 04-27-2009, 20:24
Quote:
Originally Posted by telos View Post
If it was close enough to cause you to panic and run out of your place of work it was close enough to be identified or you are not a rational human being.
The pictures don't support your argument.

It was a big ****ing plane, flying in an area that it shouldn't be in, fairly low, and in a city that has had a horrific event involving planes.

This doesn't strike you as a stupid idea? Maybe you should work for the government. Stupid ideas seem to be what they are good at.

mjoe
VeteranXX
Old
117 - 04-27-2009, 20:27
this is not just a stupid idea. nobody could be so stupid as to plan flying a 747 at low altitude in BOTH nyc and dc and tell leaders not to tell the public.

this is clearly a psyop

dooster
VeteranX
Old
118 - 04-27-2009, 20:27
All this BS about being able to ID the plane is complete ****ing nonsense when it is flying DIRECTLY AT YOU. Once it passed or turned, you could see it... but then you're not worried abt it crashing into you.

Sojourn
VeteranX
Old
119 - 04-27-2009, 20:34
Quote:
Originally Posted by dooster View Post
All this BS about being able to ID the plane is complete ****ing nonsense when it is flying DIRECTLY AT YOU. Once it passed or turned, you could see it... but then you're not worried abt it crashing into you.
Or if you're underneath it, in which case you can't really see ****, except that it has four engines and it's big bastard of a plane.

telos
VeteranXV
Old
120 - 04-27-2009, 20:57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
The pictures don't support your argument.

It was a big ****ing plane, flying in an area that it shouldn't be in, fairly low, and in a city that has had a horrific event involving planes.

This doesn't strike you as a stupid idea? Maybe you should work for the government. Stupid ideas seem to be what they are good at.
I never said it wasn't a really stupid idea. I just think people are blowing it way the **** out of proportion.

people are saying it was low, so it could be viewed from the side.
people are saying it was close, so it wouldn't have been too hard for a few people in the room to recognize it as AF1.
people are saying they watched it circle three times with a jet up its ass. Logic dictates if it was a threat it wouldn't have made it to a second pass.

Yes it was stupid but it wasn't as big of a deal as people are making it out to be.

Page 6 of 9

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Low flying jumbo jet near Manhattan freaks out thousands

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
telos is a pussy