John McCain: I hated gooks and I will hate them for as long as I live...quote me.

vl001060.jpg

My Dad is a Vietnam vet. 101st Airborn

He still has regular nightmares from the PTSD

He actually had very positive experiences with the Vietnamese people, specifically the Cham mountain people. He visits regularly, spends 4-6 months of every year there actually.

yeah on the ptsd thing,

i dont think someone should be in any position of power who has PTSD

the few Marines we had in iraq who were newly diagnosed with PTSD had their weapons taken away (and later sent home)

whats wrong with gooks, they make great food. if you have to hate someone, hate niggers.

and if this is all because of that little pow prison thing... i'd rather be tortured than shot :p

said from a comfy chair.

If you are actively bombing people, it must be said that, among other things, you essentially hate them.

Do you disagree?

Yes, I disagree. A pilot doesn't have to hate someone to drop a bomb on them any more then a butcher has to hate a cow before putting it down on the kill room floor.

By "gooks" he's referring to his NVA captors. As a flier, they're the only Vietnamese he came in contact with (except for the locals who pulled him from the crash site). He never meant it as a blanket slam on Asians.

It does, however, show that he's mentally impacted to this day in a significant way. Not a good quality in a president.

So can I go around saying I hate niggers if I only mean a group of thugs that robbed me?

rilke one can make the argument that a soldier is just doing his job

but yea it's pretty much in the job description to hate the people you are dropping bombs on, otherwise you wouldn't do it

so i cant really imagine him all of a sudden hating them after the fact either

he just got vocal about it i guess haha

edit: oh skittlebrew actually tried to argue that point lmao

Back