Reload this Page Senator Stevens (R - Alaska) Indicted
Page 8 of 8
Automatic Jack
VeteranX
Old
141 - 07-29-2008, 19:33
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottTheWise13 View Post
AJ, why can't you just accept the fact that he thinks that the benefits (jobs, profits, taxes, less foreign oil needed) outweigh the negatives (damage to environment/tourism/eyesore/etc...)
His own explanations rely on things that he KNOWS are untrue. Is he really satisfied with his own complete bull**** answers? I just would like Triple's point of view to make a slight ****lick of sense to a sane person is all.

Sponsored Links
GreyGhost
VeteranXX
Old
142 - 07-29-2008, 19:38
I guess you haven't heard, it isn't a shortage of oil, its a lack of refining capacity in the US.

So, unless more refineries are going to be built along with the magical north slope oil drilling, we gain nothing outside of the local economies.

D-Sect
VeteranXX
Old
143 - 07-30-2008, 01:55
I don't agree with the whiney ****ing kid.

(and if he's not a kid living @ home with parents, then just wow)

TseTse
VeteranX
Old
144 - 07-30-2008, 02:00
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyGhost View Post
I guess you haven't heard, it isn't a shortage of oil, its a lack of refining capacity in the US.

So, unless more refineries are going to be built along with the magical north slope oil drilling, we gain nothing outside of the local economies.
that's what's so amazing in all of this.

these people want to drill more domestic oil and toss a cup into a disappearing barrel, yet they never talk about upgrading refineries. it's a bunch of bull****.

TseTse
VeteranX
Old
145 - 07-30-2008, 02:02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stilgar View Post
If they start drilling tomorrow it'll be a decade before you see the fruits of that labor.
and within a decade we could be moving closer towards:
  • 50-70% nuclear energy
  • 25% wind/solar energy
  • industrial vehicles using quality american hybrid technology or better

and we could be EXPORTING environmental technology rather than calling it hippie **** like morons.

ZOD
VeteranX
Old
146 - 07-30-2008, 02:42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogi View Post
I think we should be bottling cow farts.
Anaerobic digestion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Validuz
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
147 - 07-30-2008, 13:15
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightMare View Post
10 years of labor & investment for 1 years suppy (@ current us demand) is a great idea! Got to love republican math skills.
I heard it was 5 years and that it was enough to sustain the US for a year, without importing any other oil.

Now, that's unrealistic. We obviously will be importing oil from other countries until there's none left anywhere. Therefore drilling in ANWR would alleviate some of our pain temporarily, not subside it completely.

I don't agree with the people that think it would only effect our price by 1-2 cents though. People have their own agendas.

bam
VeteranXV
Old
148 - 07-30-2008, 13:47
Quote:
Originally Posted by TseTse View Post
that's what's so amazing in all of this.

these people want to drill more domestic oil and toss a cup into a disappearing barrel, yet they never talk about upgrading refineries. it's a bunch of bull****.
Quote:
  • 50-70% nuclear energy
  • 25% wind/solar energy

and we could be EXPORTING environmental technology rather than calling it hippie **** like morons.
These need to be done, otherwise we're pretty boned.

-§trife-
VeteranXX
Old
149 - 07-30-2008, 13:52
Quote:
  • 50-70% nuclear energy
  • 25% wind/solar energy

What planet do you live on?

We're not going to get anywhere near 75%-95% of our energy from non-hydrocarbons in 10 years

Reggs
VeteranXX
Old
150 - 07-30-2008, 13:56
I like the way oil rigs and windmills looks. I would enjoy seeing them on the coast.

Daemon
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
151 - 07-30-2008, 14:47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rilke View Post
He needs to be right, even when he's wrong, or his ego sobs. And his ego has its fists in his *******. (And he likes that.)
this is a great line.

Zlex
VeteranXX
Old
152 - 07-30-2008, 14:49
Quote:
Originally Posted by -§trife- View Post

We're not going to get anywhere near 75%-95% of our energy from non-hydrocarbons in 10 years
Bingo. It's too late. Too many years of GreenPeace Nuclear Energy is Eee-e-vil. France got it right. We didn't.

Vanster
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
153 - 07-30-2008, 14:51
Quote:
  • 50-70% nuclear energy
  • 25% wind/solar energy

yeah but calling it hippie tree-hugger **** is so edgy.

dionysus
VeteranX
Old
154 - 07-30-2008, 14:56
screw you hippies.

TseTse
VeteranX
Old
155 - 07-30-2008, 15:05
Quote:
Originally Posted by -§trife- View Post

which is why i said moving closer towards... as im sure you meant to read.

ZOD
VeteranX
Old
156 - 07-30-2008, 15:06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zlex View Post
Bingo. It's too late. Too many years of GreenPeace Nuclear Energy is Eee-e-vil. France got it right. We didn't.
It's also not economical right now and we lack the ability to build them ourselves. This is not to say we shouldn't pursue it, but it shouldn't be our main focus. We can do solar, wind, hydro and geothermal. We can also do bio though we are ****ing the bio thing up via corn (not efficient). Efficiency is key, we need way more efficient liquid fueled engines and electric motors /compressors too. This new millage standard for cars is a joke, it should be twice what they came up with and they can do it.

TseTse
VeteranX
Old
157 - 07-30-2008, 15:06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggs View Post
I like the way oil rigs and windmills looks. I would enjoy seeing them on the coast.
we could put windmills on the oil rigs and thus benefit from increasing hurricanes!

Validuz
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
158 - 07-30-2008, 15:17
It was that corrupt piece of **** Ted Kennedy that was vehemently against those windmills off the MA coast, right?

Hahaha, cancer is such perfect justice.

Viggy
VeteranXV
Old
159 - 07-30-2008, 16:37
I hear wind, wind, wind all the time, but I've yet to hear any good answers to the drawbacks of highly variable output, transmission losses from so many separate generators, the pathetic energy storage technologies available, the constant output adjustment needed by the rest of the grid to compensate for the wind variance...

Solar is moving along admirably, but we need greatly improved storage tech to efficiently utilize either of them.

**** that ****, anyway. We're Americans, we should think bigger. We said we'd go to the moon, and we ****ing did it. We should say we're going to make fusion work, and ****ing do it. Make up a few hundred billion $, like we do for everything else, and "git 'er done" in the vernacular.

Page 8 of 8

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Senator Stevens (R - Alaska) Indicted

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
.another jew , .bites the dust , corrupt asshole , series of tubes , stupid fucking republican