Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Senator Stevens (R - Alaska) Indicted
Page 4 of 8
triple
VeteranXV
Old
61 - 07-29-2008, 14:57
Quote:
You know triple I sometimes agree with you. But this time you are just talking out of you ass. You don't live in the area's in question and therefore you don't care what happens all you care about is making sure every piece of **** that bought a truck or SUV who doesn't need it pays less for gas. You know they can go to hell too.
Offshore drilling would be so far off the coast you wouldn't be able to see the rigs. I don't know what you're ****ing complaining about.

I don't drive an suv, I drive a 50mpg sportbike. It beats your prius hands down.

Sponsored Links
TseTse
VeteranX
Old
62 - 07-29-2008, 14:58
Quote:
Originally Posted by triple View Post
You say wow, but take a look at the charts for yourself.

Or take a look at the pump. About 3.80 where I live now. Down from what, 4.15?
Yes,

And we may see a significant dip over the coming year as a full recession hits and folks dramatically change their consumption habits. But this doesnt mean ****, moron, in the sense that it's going to stay down.

1. oil is a limited resource and we're nearing the half-way mark, while our overall global demand is continuing to grow and grow and grow

2. oil prices are primarily set globally

3. demand domestically may take a small dive during a recession, but demand overall will continue to grow until the human race gets serious about new energy sources

TseTse
VeteranX
Old
63 - 07-29-2008, 14:58
Quote:
Offshore drilling would be so far off the coast you wouldn't be able to see the rigs. I don't know what you're ****ing complaining about.
You have no idea what you are talking about.

Vulcan
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
64 - 07-29-2008, 14:58
**** this guy i hope he goes down in flames and they rename the airport

this guy was the biggest cocksucker

Code4
BP's Pimpx
Contributor
Old
65 - 07-29-2008, 14:59
Quote:

I don't drive an suv, I drive a 50mpg sportbike. It beats your prius hands down.
To be fair some rigs are close enough to see from shore. It just depends on where the oil they are going for is located.

KnightMare
VeteranX
Old
66 - 07-29-2008, 15:01
10 years of labor & investment for 1 years suppy (@ current us demand) is a great idea! Got to love republican math skills.

triple
VeteranXV
Old
67 - 07-29-2008, 15:04
Quote:
1. oil is a limited resource and we're nearing the half-way mark, while our overall global demand is continuing to grow and grow and grow
Right - I agree with you. That's a fact. What im sort of puzzled at is, while you agree its a LIMITED resource, you want to limit our own domestic supply of oil, keeping that very limited resource in the hands of people who hate our guts. At the very least, we should reduce the amount of leverage people who hate our guts have over us. Alternative energy will do this, but not for another 20+ years.

Quote:
2. oil prices are primarily set globally
And ANWR adds to global supply.. lowering global prices.. yes this will take 10 years, but better than waiting 10 years until it gets really bad, and then waiting another 10 years to see the benefits from that. Its a very, very, dangerous path trusting everything to alternative energy.

Quote:
3. demand domestically may take a small dive during a recession, but demand overall will continue to grow until the human race gets serious about new energy sources
I agree, which is why we should get serious about new energy sources.. I never said we shouldnt, I dont know why you have that stuck in your head.. however, in the meantime, we don't have **** for alternative energy. So unless you can produce this tech tomorrow, we still need oil. Be realistic.

Oil isnt just about you. You know trucks? The costs in transportation drive up prices of EVERYTHING, because everything needs to be shipped somewhere. Not drilling kills our economy in other ways.

TseTse
VeteranX
Old
68 - 07-29-2008, 15:07
You keep saying "in the meantime" as if this drilling would cause oil to flow anytime soon and as if it would even remotely impact gas prices. We'd have a stronger impact by massively investing in current wind technology today, and starting more nuclear energy development.

I'm not against the drilling in alaska, but it's only morons who keep talking about it rather than focusing entirely on alternative energy sources. You're being a tool.

IN THE MEANTIME... fat americans need to stop buying huge ass cars and wasting energy.

Automatic Jack
VeteranX
Old
69 - 07-29-2008, 15:07
Quote:
Anyways, don't kid yourself. You may be the majority opinion on tribalwar, but you're in the minority in america. More people want to drill. And don't dismiss that as partisan rambling, I have the numbers to back it up.
If more people want to drill, and feel free to document your assertion, it's because they believe the same bull**** lies that you are spouting. The question I asked you was whether you actually reasonably believe them, or if you are once again burying your logic under your partisanship.

It was a rhetorical question.

triple
VeteranXV
Old
70 - 07-29-2008, 15:08
Is wanting to pay less for gas partisan? Well if you want to take that line, be my guest. I don't think its a very popular opinion.

TooSmoothe
VeteranXX
Old
71 - 07-29-2008, 15:10
Point against Triple:

You don't live in the area, you have no interest or stake in what kind of ecological/environmental issues/concerns off-shore drilling will do.

Triple's Counter-Point:

YEAH SO, but you can't SEE the rigs while driving a Prius Sport Bike

TseTse
VeteranX
Old
72 - 07-29-2008, 15:10
Quote:
Is wanting to pay less for gas partisan?
You're just confused about how gas prices work.

We need to stop pretending we can make gas cheaper, and we need to focus on alternative energy INSTEAD of trying to extend our oil dependency with a tad more oil. You seem to think we're going to tap domestic oil and SUBSIDIZE national oil prices... and that this will happen in just a couple years.

triple
VeteranXV
Old
73 - 07-29-2008, 15:11
Quote:
Originally Posted by TseTse View Post
You keep saying "in the meantime" as if this drilling would cause oil to flow anytime soon and as if it would even remotely impact gas prices. We'd have a stronger impact by massively investing in current wind technology today, and starting more nuclear energy development.

I'm not against the drilling in alaska, but it's only morons who keep talking about it rather than focusing entirely on alternative energy sources. You're being a tool.
Why do you say that? Mccain is for alternative energy. Im for alternative energy. I've said this multiple times.

You're the tool if you can't grasp that basic concept.

I say in the meantime in the relative sense. Alternative energy will not happen anytime soon. Oil returns will happen relatively soon. The economy will fix itself within the next 2-3 years. The world is not ending yet, but when it does, do you want to be ready, or do you want to be holding your cock waiting for the promise of clean energy?

If clean energy happens in the near future - ****ing fantastic. **** drilling.

Until then, you want to go into the future with no backup plan? No plan B? Are you kidding?

triple
VeteranXV
Old
74 - 07-29-2008, 15:13
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooSmoothe View Post
Point against Triple:

You don't live in the area, you have no interest or stake in what kind of ecological/environmental issues/concerns off-shore drilling will do.

Triple's Counter-Point:

YEAH SO, but you can't SEE the rigs while driving a Prius Sport Bike
You can't see the rigs, whats the problem. Unless you own a ship that can go out 40 miles from the coast, shut the **** up already. Me being 90 miles inland or on the coast makes no difference if neither of us can see dick.

ScottTheWise13
VeteranXV
Old
75 - 07-29-2008, 15:14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georb View Post
Now onto something more important. I live in Fort Walton Beach, Florida. STAY THE **** OFF MY COAST. I love my beach, and you know I will ****ing walk to work, or car pool to work, or ride a ****ing bike. All you assholes who don't even live near these areas in question should not have a say in the matter. Your opinion means nothing. If you can put a rig on my ****ing beach then I should have every right to put a rig in you ****ing backyard.
I would ****ing love a rig in my backyard. Do you know how much money people make by allowing oil companies drill on their property? that would be awesome.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/29/us...nted=1&_r=2&hp

KnightMare
VeteranX
Old
76 - 07-29-2008, 15:17
Quote:
It has everything to do with supply and demand. A lift on the executive ban of offshore drilling hints at more supply in the future, so the people betting on the price of oil (driving oil up or down) obviously saw a potential increase in supply, driving down the price of oil. Its very simple!

I don't have to prove this is how it works because its already happened!

ok so now you support dennis kucinich's position that the gas prices is all about people getting rich off of oil speculation

TseTse
VeteranX
Old
77 - 07-29-2008, 15:19
Quote:
Alternative energy will not happen anytime soon. Oil returns will happen relatively soon. T
Like most of the other **** you've been saying, you're just wrong.

We have nuclear technology we can implement rather than sitting on our asses talking abotu drilling for oil over the next 10 years.

We have viable wind and water technology that we can implement NOW (and some places are doing just that - go pick up The Economist from 2 weeks ago). This cant obviously power our cars but it's a major step in terms of bringing energy prices down.

Here's what i suspect you do not appreciate.

1. China and the developing world are dramatically increasing their demand of oil (car sales are up 25% a year, and cars are a small chunk compared to industrial energy needs). We're competing against other consumers for oil, and our dollar is weak.

2. Oil production is fairly stable globally, and we cannot expect any significant increase on the supply side... not enough to somehow dramatically cut costs. Supply side arguments regarding "solving" oil prices are generally retarded.

3. Thus, our prices for gas will increase fairly regularly... until we formally hit the global "peek oil" moment, which means we've used up half the world's oil supply. Once the planet realizes it has hit that point, the price of oil will become so ****ing high that it will make today's crisis look silly. This "peek oil" moment is going to come sooner than we think (and it implies calculating all available reserves, including untapped ones like ANWaR). I personally suspect we'll hit this moment during our lifetimes, within 50 years.

Get it?

There are lobbyists within the GOP camp trying to imply that somehow the issue is "domestic" vs "foreign middle eastern" oil. It's bogus corporate lobbying. We have a real national security and stability problem, and it's truly not something we can respond to by wasting more time and money developing limited oil supplies.

Last edited by TseTse; 07-29-2008 at 15:23..
TseTse
VeteranX
Old
78 - 07-29-2008, 15:20
Quote:
You can't see the rigs

It remains just jaw dropping how you can insist on your bull**** being true.

ScottTheWise13
VeteranXV
Old
79 - 07-29-2008, 15:25
Quote:
Originally Posted by TseTse View Post
I'm not saying any of that is wrong, but it's not really a reason NOT to allow drilling or at lesat leave it up to states.

You act as though allowing drilling will make the govt/companies not be able to invest in wind power.

If companies can drill and make a profit, its not like it costs the government anything. In fact it will produce more tax revenue which can go towards supporting renewable energy in its infancy, as happens now.

If, as you say, it wont decrease oil prices, then its not like drilling here will make more demand and lessen our drive towards renewable energy. It wont lower prices and make it harder for renewables to compete.

So you have lots of arguments of why drilling wont help the price of gas/oil. But what are the arguments for why to not at least allow states to choose to drill?

Are you just concerned about environmental damage?

Esteban_Villa
VeteranXV
Old
80 - 07-29-2008, 15:26
Drilling off the coast of florida...

is this in territorial waters or international?

We need to drill more (not saying ANWR) and diversify our energy resources, republicans will say "yes!" and then convienently forget about the whole diversification of energy through resusuable energy sources, so wait until ****ing Obama gets elected for us to start the change in the right direction. McCain might be able to be trusted with actually doing both.

Page 4 of 8

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Senator Stevens (R - Alaska) Indicted

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
.another jew , .bites the dust , corrupt asshole , series of tubes , stupid fucking republican