Simpson's Movie

Yeah. I'm a big Simpsons fan but the movie was somewhat of a let down. Though, still funnier than most comedies that came out that summer.

I watched it the other day - it wasn't terrible but it wasn't amazing. The pig carried the movie.

I'd have been more interested in the futurama movies.
That is if they didnt suck shit.
The writers for simpsons / futurama all need to be replaced.

Best way I heard it put was that it was just like a really long episode, but a good episode at least.
Yes.

Would have been great if they would have ended the series and then done a really kick ass movie with tons of reveals and long-standing questions answered.

I Recently re-watched seasons 3 - 9 and they were fantastic.

For some reason, an episode from season 15 got mixed up with my season 5 folder. Without knowing, i watched it and thought it was absolutely terrible and turned it off half-way through. I then realized that it wasn't from season 5 a few days later.

There is a very big difference between the quality of episodes between seasons 1 - 9 and 10 beyond. The movie, along with pretty much every episode after season 10 are absolutely atrocious. Almost unwatchable, IMO. I found myself cringing and annoyed while accidentally watching the episode from season 15. All of those episodes simply lack the storytelling magic in earlier seasons.

3-9 it hits its stride for sure, but there are very good episodes in every season up to 12 or 13. The movie was fail...

Back