[Official] I did NOT enjoy WALL-E by Shadow(of)Death - Page 2 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Official] I did NOT enjoy WALL-E
Page 2 of 8
SirBatesAlot
VeteranX
Old
21 - 07-04-2008, 19:48
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrudge View Post
It is not a kids movie. It is animated, but I keep telling people that it has more meaning to an adult.
The last kids movie I saw was called dungeons and dragons, and it was so awful that I have no desire to ever watch anything rated G.

Sponsored Links
USMC*Enima
VeteranX
Old
22 - 07-04-2008, 19:51
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyGhost View Post
check with the buccaneers
i see what you did there

carouselambra
Veteran++
Old
23 - 07-04-2008, 19:53

ze mind, it boggles

Shadow(of)Death
VeteranX
Old
24 - 07-05-2008, 02:09
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowJacK View Post
Go on? I've heard nothing but good things and would like to hear the other side. What was the extreme that was so disturbing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuzzle View Post
SoD might be a lot of things, but he hasn't shown himself to be a bandwagoning ******* so far, so I trust that he really didn't like it. And judging from the type of person he is, he was probably disturbed by the
Spoiler
I didn't mind. I like it when someone decides to go against the grain and take a stance no matter what they are known for.
This is fairly accurate to why I found it disturbing. Also I expected a little more humor, but again most of the humor was disturbing, rather than light and funny.

Kali
VeteranXX
Old
25 - 07-05-2008, 02:21
You're not alone. My wife doesn't like it. I was kinda...meh. It bored me. Also, I was suffering from obese person overload. Yuck.

Shadow(of)Death
VeteranX
Old
26 - 07-05-2008, 02:24
Yeah it had its good moments, but there was so much potential and instead they explored or overplayed the things I didn't care for. The fat people could have been funny, but instead it was disturbing, except for when they were all sliding across the floor; that was funny.

Phalanx
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
27 - 07-05-2008, 02:25
that wall-e is pretty disturbing with his ****ed up ocd recycling and ****

Shadow(of)Death
VeteranX
Old
28 - 07-05-2008, 02:26

kwago
VeteranXX
Old
29 - 07-05-2008, 02:52
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBatesAlot View Post
I don't watch kids movies. I'm not making any exceptions.
pixar doesnt make kids movies

GeneralHell
VeteranXV
Old
30 - 07-05-2008, 03:47
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowJacK View Post
Go on? I've heard nothing but good things and would like to hear the other side. What was the extreme that was so disturbing?
Clown robots. It's a Freudian thing. SoD's not gay yet but this may have gotten the ball rolling

SirBatesAlot
VeteranX
Old
31 - 07-05-2008, 03:57
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwago View Post
pixar doesnt make kids movies
wat

Oxyminoan
VeteranXV
Old
32 - 07-05-2008, 04:02
I saw it...and loved it.

Oh, and I cried too.

You fags wish you were half the man I am.

claudius
VeteranX
Old
33 - 07-05-2008, 04:03
Whatever happened to Caitlin?

Adroit
VeteranXX
Old
34 - 07-05-2008, 04:04
I'm not trolling here but I also personally found Wall-E not living up to the hype. I mean it's a good film but is it great? Or better than Finding Nemo or Toy Story? **** no. I was kind of bored in some parts. I mean it was neat the way it all came together but it's not a high end film imo.

nada
VeteranX
Old
35 - 07-05-2008, 04:13
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBatesAlot View Post
wat
They make movies easily marketed to children, and have basic principals which children can understand, but the depth of the emotional experience, and breadth of information communicated (in the minutest of details) is something only adults (such as ourselves) can fully appreciate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adroit View Post
I'm not trolling here but I also personally found Wall-E not living up to the hype. I mean it's a good film but is it great? Or better than Finding Nemo or Toy Story? **** no. I was kind of bored in some parts. I mean it was neat the way it all came together but it's not a high end film imo.
It's not hype. It's a overwhelmingly common response to a certain key current running through the film. The sheer scope is - hate so say it here but - epic, and even for Pixar unprecedented (interesting that the furthest frontier for human technology was at once the sea, and then space, and so Nemo then Wall-E).

Not only is this "high end" (?!?!) but it's top class. I don't think this comes down to good or bad - because whether you can take the message for what it is, or else it scares you - the sheer composition of the movie was excellent.

PS: To those contemplating the download - it would do a hard injustice to the theater experience. Take your cheap, lazy ass up and buy a ****ing ticket.

Curious_George
VeteranX
Old
36 - 07-05-2008, 04:14
If Wall-e had been a Nazi robot used for scooping up the dead at Auschwitz I might have found it disturbing, but what is in the film is not even close to disturbing. Humanity is pretty destructive. Seeing the potential consequences of our actions isn't disturbing unless you live in some sort of happy candy land that is far removed from reality.

anomaly
VeteranXV
Old
37 - 07-05-2008, 04:14
have a nice life

vermont logging truck

nada
VeteranX
Old
38 - 07-05-2008, 04:20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious_George View Post
If Wall-e had been a Nazi robot used for scooping up the dead at Auschwitz I might have found it disturbing, but what is in the film is not even close to disturbing. Humanity is pretty destructive. Seeing the potential consequences of our actions isn't disturbing unless you live in some sort of happy candy land that is far removed from reality.
Yeah. That too.

skysnipe
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
39 - 07-05-2008, 05:22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious_George View Post
AKA a Mormon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mznthrope View Post
Well, to be fair, he walked in a douche, too.
Zing.

HaPpY
VeteranXX
Old
40 - 07-05-2008, 06:02
why would anyone listen to a mormon

Page 2 of 8

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Official] I did NOT enjoy WALL-E

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
badmofo has a huge penis , best movie ever , cops are murderers , farmer john and suzy q , final solution for cops , gay poster , gay thread , have a nice life , hot rock band date , joseph smith was not here , mormon , polygamy , stupid shitty troll , triple is a troll , trolly rider , vermont logging truck , wall-e hating faggot