[Official] NHL free agency

I expect him to get over $6 million a year. That's probably much lower than he'll get.

I expect he'll get about the same, with $6 million being on the low side. It makes me laugh though. I can't help but look at the contracts of defensemen much better than him. Lidstrom, Pronger, Niedermayer, and even Zubov. Of all of them only Lidstrom is making over $7 million.

I just can't make myself believe he's worth it. I know a puck-moving defenseman is something every GM salivates over, but he's very one-dimensional. He's not bad defensively, like some of them, but he's not great. I suppose I might have a different opinion if it was Anaheim who needed him .

The plan is to get rid of shitty old vets and move towards a youth based team.

I cant think of another team that has done this...oh shit EDM did.

- THE PHILADELPHIA FLYERS HAVE TRADED DEFENSEMAN DENIS GAUTHIER AND A SECOND ROUND PICK IN 2009 TO THE LOS ANGELES KINGS IN EXCHANGE FOR TWO PROSPECTS.

The Philadelphia Flyers announced today that they have acquired 6’3”, 205-pound defenseman Patrik Hersley (HUHRS-lee) and 6’0’, 185-pound left wing Ned Lukacevic (loo-kuh-SAY-vihk) from the Los Angeles Kings in exchange for defenseman Denis Gauthier and their second round pick in the 2010 NHL Entry Draft, according to club General Manager Paul Holmgren.

I expect he'll get about the same, with $6 million being on the low side. It makes me laugh though. I can't help but look at the contracts of defensemen much better than him. Lidstrom, Pronger, Niedermayer, and even Zubov. Of all of them only Lidstrom is making over $7 million.

I just can't make myself believe he's worth it. I know a puck-moving defenseman is something every GM salivates over, but he's very one-dimensional. He's not bad defensively, like some of them, but he's not great. I suppose I might have a different opinion if it was Anaheim who needed him .

To be fair, the players you listed were also signed during years with lower caps.

Campbell is a ripoff at $6mil+. His defense is very questionable at times. Sure he can skate like the wind and join the rush like a 4th forward, but he ends up hurting you that way as much as he helps.

He was never even on Buffalo's top defensive pair, and our top pair blows. That should say a lot. There's a reason Buffalo wouldn't even want him at $5 mil per.

It was salary dumping i know that. The goat had a 2.5 mil contract. I think the flyers are gearing up for a big move. We got something for nothing too with the goat. We were going to buy him out lol

The plan is to get rid of shitty old vets and move towards a youth based team.

I cant think of another team that has done this...oh shit EDM did.

Except the "shitty old vets" that Edmonton got rid of weren't shitty. Pronger and Smyth were far from shitty or old. Edmonton also doesn't have a history of trading a shitload of picks trying to bring talent in (aside from Roloson and for signing Penner).

Campbell is a ripoff at $6mil+. His defense is very questionable at times. Sure he can skate like the wind and join the rush like a 4th forward, but he ends up hurting you that way as much as he helps.

He was never even on Buffalo's top defensive pair, and our top pair blows. That should say a lot. There's a reason Buffalo wouldn't even want him at $5 mil per.

Exactly, but you know some team is going to pay those kind of dollars. They'll take the hit if they think he can help the team offensively.

Back