VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
1 - 03-08-2007, 05:35
Yo,

In the OW forum I saw that the BE intro/recruit thread had this to say:

Quote:
About size and race:

We actually are pretty versatile, we have a core group that can play as a more elite group (lots of teamwork experience). We also have a lot of members through our longtime playerbase so we can be the big guild everyone fears8-) . As far as destruction or order. Right now we will play either. It looks like for beta there might be a lack of good order guilds so if we got in we might just choose them for the heck of it and to give a good competition for balancing. But consider us a destruction guild for retail!
I am wondering what total the sentiment to play an Order guild is. And I ask because I am also wondering if our realm decision is going to be based on what side actually needs us?

This opens up an interesting quirk; is it then possible that, if the release version shows a weak Order side, would BE consider becoming a release Order Guild?

I'm familiar with the alpha-male blood of teedubbers in PvP. I am also familiar with the inherent joy in mayhem, a well-executed doublecross, defecting from ******* allies/overguilds at critical moments to maximize both the glory and sinister reputation for TW gamers.

However, is it possible to pull this kind of guild life off... as a guild of dwarves? Or Humans? [Elves are gay so no lol]

Could we be a dastardly collection of ****-stomping dwarves? A bloodthirsty band of Human mercs? We certainly don't need to behave like angels [and never could, I'm sure] even being on the side usually associated with it. We could, in fact, tarnish the good name of the forces of light. Betrayal and disobediance in the ranks of the forces of light are all the more shocking and delicious.

Since the more I read of it the less this game will be about role playing virtue and more about organised raucous violence where Good Guy/Bad Guy lines are blurred, why was the Destruction side chosen?

Discuss.

Last edited by Mabelrode; 03-08-2007 at 07:34..
Sponsored Links
DonkeyofDoom
VeteranX
Old
2 - 03-08-2007, 07:15
I would play order (pending on how the classes turn out) if destruction was overfilled. However, I would rather play destruction.

Though it is fun being outnumbered when you're good.

floorpunching
VeteranX
Old
3 - 03-08-2007, 07:23
I'm personally inclined to roll on the underdog faction but who that's going to be is a tough call. We'll probably have a good idea after playing beta.

Goshin
VeteranXX
Old
4 - 03-08-2007, 12:37
after reading what you posted, it would be really ****ing fun sticking it to our side as good guys and pulling a Lords of Scotland on Braveheart.

hohoho

Calipso
VeteranXV
Old
5 - 03-08-2007, 15:39
I decided early on that i wanted to be a Destruction race because the order races/classes looked really gay, with the exception of the warrior priest. Thus why I was so happy when so many people were getting pumped over Destruction side. Chaos > *

Oxyminoan
VeteranXV
Old
6 - 03-08-2007, 17:00
More races/classes on the chaos side appeal to me. However, there's a few Order classes that I like (Bright Wizard, Warrior Priest.)

Pyrotekk
Veteran++
Old
7 - 03-08-2007, 19:11
I'm all for doing whatever is needed most in beta. The empire in particular looks pretty snazzy(Yes the witch hunter hat is dead sexy).
But come retail I MUST play chaos, man are they awesome.

DacTheHork
Veteran++
Old
8 - 03-08-2007, 19:19
I wrote that so I will explain

I do not want to be labeled Destruction or Order. I would rather be able to play either incase they choose beta guilds looking for a good mix of both (it gives us more options) and honestly I think EVERYONE would be fine going whichever race/classes Mythic would most want tested in beta. So basically it is to say if you invite 5 or 50, for chaos or destruct or whatever We will asnwer the call and fill the role

Mangle-Me-Elmo
VeteranXX
Old
9 - 03-08-2007, 21:54
i will be a goblin and a goblin only

XeroShift.05
Veteran++
Old
10 - 03-08-2007, 22:48
I wanna be a gobbo too. Not sure if im gonna be a shaman or Squig hearder though.

EDIT: We could always roll an alt. guild on the other side on another server if its possible.

Last edited by XeroShift.05; 03-08-2007 at 23:22..
FalseMyrmidon
1700+
Old
11 - 03-08-2007, 23:26
Quote:
Originally Posted by DacTheHork View Post

I do not want to be labeled Destruction or Order. I would rather be able to play either incase they choose beta guilds looking for a good mix of both (it gives us more options) and honestly I think EVERYONE would be fine going whichever race/classes Mythic would most want tested in beta. So basically it is to say if you invite 5 or 50, for chaos or destruct or whatever We will asnwer the call and fill the role
Makes sense. When it comes down to everyone choosing one side though we should just put up a poll and all agree to join the same side.

XeroShift.05
Veteran++
Old
12 - 03-08-2007, 23:34
that's a good idea. Though I really wanna be a goblin. Seems like most people here wanna be destruction though. I wouldn't mind playing order if everyone wanted too though.

Gundam
VeteranX
Old
13 - 03-08-2007, 23:52
Quote:
Originally Posted by XeroShift.05 View Post
that's a good idea. Though I really wanna be a goblin. Seems like most people here wanna be destruction though. I wouldn't mind playing order if everyone wanted too though.
I think he meant for the beta we will take what ever we get. As far as release goes I don't think I have seen anyone talk about Order.

XeroShift.05
Veteran++
Old
14 - 03-08-2007, 23:56
Yeah I know. I was refering to the post above me.

Darkness
VeteranXV
Old
15 - 03-09-2007, 02:13
I know i don't care which i play, both order and destruction have races i want to play.

But I love being an underdog so i think BE should consider the underdog notion or run an order guild on one server and a destruction guild on another once retail comes around

Ben Reed
VeteranX
Old
16 - 03-09-2007, 02:38
I will play wherever TW is called to play. Chaos may be pretty ****ing metal, but if we are called to throw down on the side of the dwarf club, I will not be anal about anything. As long as I can find a class on either faction whose technical depth appeals to me, I am sure I will be satisfied.

Mabelrode
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
17 - 03-09-2007, 04:32
Cool cool.

Yeah, as long as it's TW I don't care which, I was just musing.

Heheh, Lords of Scotland!

D'Monix
VeteranX
Old
18 - 03-09-2007, 05:49
Quote:
Originally Posted by DacTheHork View Post

sounds reasonable

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Archived Forums > Warhammer Online
Reload this Page Question on Realm

Social Website Bullshit