Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page WinVista Beta 2 free
Page 6 of 6
EspoMan
VeteranXV
Old
101 - 06-12-2006, 15:27
I got it installed on my laptop. Pretty slow but it looks pretty. Still getting used to it.

Sponsored Links
Moker
The Poker++
Old
102 - 06-12-2006, 15:33
did you get wireless to work on it keg?

what nic you using if so

BlackJack
VeteranX
Old
103 - 06-12-2006, 19:40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alethien
DRM will only affect you if you pay for DRM'd media. It is exactly the same as in XP. The only difference is MS has made it harder to crack. Once it is cracked (and it will be) then everyone will be fine.

Only retards think the DRM is a big deal.
Of course it will be circumvented, that's obvious. The fact that they are even trying to restrict what you can do with it in the first place is the problem and that is the big deal. It's just going to hurt the average consumer that doesn't know ****.

Durak
VeteranXV
Old
104 - 06-12-2006, 19:43
i would just buy the pro version (or equivalent) when it comes out so I won't have to deal with the bull**** associated with an illegal copy of windows

Stinkfist
Server Bitch
Old
105 - 06-12-2006, 20:33
well. i had WoW running last night under it, granted it was a little choppy. But now, for some reason, I lose my mouse when in it . Might have to reinstall wow (still installed from my XP install)

|Blitzkrieg|
VeteranXX
Old
106 - 06-13-2006, 00:15
OK, I've run into a few problems I'm hoping someone can help me out with

1) Dual monitors. My GeForce4 MX440 (PCI) keeps coming up as not functioning properly, so I can't get dual monitors to run. When I boot WinXP, it runs just fine (like right now), but Vista just won't do it. Are there specific Vista x86 nVidia drivers I'm not seeing?

2) Logitech MX1000, I can't seem to get the Configure program to work. I hate the default config (Scroll Up, Scroll Down, Back, Forward, etc.) and I'd like to change it, but no dice. Again, Vista program out there?

3) When I boot my computer, I get the bootlist, but can't control it. It doesn't seem to want to accept my keyboard commands to switch between Vista and XP, so right now my computer starts XP by default. Anyone else had this problem, and know how to fix it?

Theta
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
107 - 06-13-2006, 00:17
http://www.nvidia.com/page/technology_vista_home.html

Don't see the gf4 on the list

Alethien
VeteranX
Old
108 - 06-13-2006, 00:21
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJack
Of course it will be circumvented, that's obvious. The fact that they are even trying to restrict what you can do with it in the first place is the problem and that is the big deal. It's just going to hurt the average consumer that doesn't know ****.
As long as the average consumer is not breaking the law then it wont be any problem what so ever. No one is forcing restrictions on you. Everything DRM would be used for is opt in. If you don't like the license then don't pay for it.

mr_luc
VeteranX
Old
109 - 06-13-2006, 00:42
So, I am viewing this on Dapper Drake with compiz, and I have to say that I like it better than Windows Vista. And it's even more graphically polished -- the wobbly windows have me in constant awe, I can't believe that my 9500Pro can jiggle a PLAYING video window so fluidly. And the cube is just, uh ... I want to have SEX with it. And the smooth, unbearably sexy auto-arranger (bound to F12 -- it automatically resizes and arranges every window in your workspace to show you everything you have open, and you press it again and they slide/resize back).

It also installed in six ridiculously easy steps, in under 10 minutes, on my other previously windows-only box. Now that box also dual-boots, into Dapper by default.

I am setting up windows via vmware on ubuntu for some general windows-y stuff, and already have WINE shortcuts set up for various game executables. All my media is in a shared fat32 partition.

I will never rely on windows as my primary OS again. I've made the leap. ****, I didn't even have to install a driver for my wireless desktop adapter with Dapper, and I did with windows.

Last edited by mr_luc; 06-13-2006 at 00:45..
KillerONE
VeteranX
Old
110 - 06-13-2006, 01:09
Dont' start thowing out buzz words unless you linky for the noobs!!!

I think I've deciphered that Dapper might be some sort of Windows for Linux?

Off to google I guess.

Silverspirit
VeteranX
Old
111 - 06-13-2006, 01:24
dapper is just a name for an ubuntu version
version numbers must be too complicated for human beings
at least the kind who use ubuntu

mr_luc
VeteranX
Old
112 - 06-13-2006, 01:26
Dapper Drake. I like it better than numbers.

For compiz ... you can see some videos on youtube. None of them show the expose feature, and I haven't seen one that shows a wobbly VIDEO WINDOW, but all of those fancy-ass effects work great on running video. :o it's absolutely freaking unbelievable ...

mr_luc
VeteranX
Old
113 - 06-13-2006, 01:31
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBNwc...&search=compiz

^^ okay, that video isn't bad.

One problem is that lots of linux users have terrible taste in colors and themes, but it gets the point across. Check out the expose feature, wobbly windows, tons more.

dooster
VeteranX
Old
114 - 06-13-2006, 01:41
video was sweet but i dont understand wat the point of being able to rotate the screen so it has mulitple sides is. I dont feel like watching it again to really see what was happening. it just looks like watever OS macs run nowadays.

NeotiK
VeteranXV
Old
115 - 06-13-2006, 02:05
Quote:
Originally Posted by dooster
video was sweet but i dont understand wat the point of being able to rotate the screen so it has mulitple sides is. I dont feel like watching it again to really see what was happening. it just looks like watever OS macs run nowadays.
makes multi-tasking a little less cluttered. I was running it for a while and loved it. one side for IRC, another for internet windows, and another for my code projects. just made it easier to work with instead of searching the tiny taskbar items in windows.

EspoMan
VeteranXV
Old
116 - 06-13-2006, 02:30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moker
did you get wireless to work on it keg?

what nic you using if so
Yup it works, Im using the built in Mini-Wireless card thats built in from Dell.

|Blitzkrieg|
VeteranXX
Old
117 - 06-13-2006, 10:58
Quote:
Originally Posted by |Blitzkrieg|
OK, I've run into a few problems I'm hoping someone can help me out with

1) Dual monitors. My GeForce4 MX440 (PCI) keeps coming up as not functioning properly, so I can't get dual monitors to run. When I boot WinXP, it runs just fine (like right now), but Vista just won't do it. Are there specific Vista x86 nVidia drivers I'm not seeing?

2) Logitech MX1000, I can't seem to get the Configure program to work. I hate the default config (Scroll Up, Scroll Down, Back, Forward, etc.) and I'd like to change it, but no dice. Again, Vista program out there?

3) When I boot my computer, I get the bootlist, but can't control it. It doesn't seem to want to accept my keyboard commands to switch between Vista and XP, so right now my computer starts XP by default. Anyone else had this problem, and know how to fix it?
Bump

Page 6 of 6

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page WinVista Beta 2 free

Social Website Bullshit