Show 40 post(s) from this thread on one page
TribalWar Forums
Page 1 of 2

TribalWar Forums (https://www.tribalwar.com/forums/index.php)
-   Warhammer Online (https://www.tribalwar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=318)
-   -   people still play? (https://www.tribalwar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=571732)

Evil Engineer 01-13-2009 14:14

people still play?
 
or no? I still have a WP in blood eagle on REM wondering if the game actually went anywhere or if it was still just a WoW battleground simulator like when I left

Dai Shinzo 01-13-2009 15:03

T4 in REM is non stop RvR. If you like that system you'll love it. If you don't, don't resub.

Evil Engineer 01-13-2009 15:25

I thought the keep sieges were a load of fun

Dai Shinzo 01-13-2009 16:46

Well there are tons w/ constant fort pushes on both sides per week. Numbers ARE balanced at 40 no matter what side cries and in fact I'd say with all the destro that have quit/rerolled lately Order has a very strong showing now on REM.

Evil Engineer 01-13-2009 17:14

I might give it another go then, thanks

Mael 01-14-2009 13:15

I have started playing WoW. Never played it before and for now it's a ton more fun than WAR.

Really, until they fix the Fort attacks, the game is retarded.

End game RvR boils down to collision detection up a ramp. That's it. I stopped caring about RR when i hit 49 because i didn't get anything useful from it.

If they fix it, I'll come back. But my hopes aren't very high. WoW is a much better game, filled with just as many idiots just on a larger scale.

Slobax 01-14-2009 14:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mael (Post 14160857)
I have started playing WoW. Never played it before and for now it's a ton more fun than WAR.

Really, until they fix the Fort attacks, the game is retarded.

End game RvR boils down to collision detection up a ramp. That's it. I stopped caring about RR when i hit 49 because i didn't get anything useful from it.

If they fix it, I'll come back. But my hopes aren't very high. WoW is a much better game, filled with just as many idiots just on a larger scale.

as long as you aren't playing WOW for it's pvp

Switching from WAR -> WoW in hopes of finding a better pvp game is blasphemous. The only decent PVP in WoW is arenas, but you still have to trudge through the cesspool that is battlegrounds.

Slobax 01-16-2009 06:17

for the sake of this thread's topic, I reactivated.

The rvr is too solid, I always miss it once I go back to an MMO without pvp or in WoW's case, broken, imbalancing-act pvp.

Maven 01-16-2009 16:43

Only pvp i like better than war is in lineage 2 but thats ruined on most free servers by
the greeks and koreans

Mael 01-16-2009 16:49

WoW PvP is more exciting to me. Perhaps it's because it's newer and I've done so much PvR in WAR.

Really doesn't matter though because with out the needed fixes to WAR, the PvP system won't last. It's a major cluster in every direction for that game. Great idea, implemented about as poorly as could be.

WarHero X 01-16-2009 19:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maven (Post 14169894)
Only pvp i like better than war is in lineage 2 but thats ruined on most free servers by the greeks and koreans

now this is an interesting statement. L2 pvp was picking a target and then you push the soul shot and the potion that heals your combat points button. You could make a macro to push both for you, seeing as how the game would walk you to your target and keep you on them.

I don't want to say your opinion is wrong, but its interesting when people say l2 pvp was good.

Santa 01-16-2009 21:07

I cancelled. Havent played in a couple months...gotted hooked on WoW after curiosity. WAR would be great its just cluster vs cluster. And its hard to tell what is going on with all the buffs/debuffs, lack of sounds signifying your status (rooted, silenced etc.)

Dunno if an MMO can pull it off. WoW pvp is kinda dumb atm.

Slobax 01-16-2009 21:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by WarHero X (Post 14170569)
now this is an interesting statement. L2 pvp was picking a target and then you push the soul shot and the potion that heals your combat points button. You could make a macro to push both for you, seeing as how the game would walk you to your target and keep you on them.

I don't want to say your opinion is wrong, but its interesting when people say l2 pvp was good.

L2 as a whole is a shoddy korean MMO, but the pvp is still better than the likes of WoW. L2 pvp wasn't bad, and it had consequence, which added some oldschool spice to it.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Santa (Post 14170818)
Dunno if an MMO can pull it off.

In the end, yeah, that's pretty much true. If you're a competitive type player who wants to beat other living players, you should just go play more competitive games like SC, CS, or Tribes (:( ).

JoMo 01-16-2009 21:14

The fort attacks are retarded. There is just so much lag and it was not well thought out. It all comes down to a 5 foot wide ramp and tons of people.

Slash 01-17-2009 09:04

I stopped playing 2 months ago. Never even made it out of T3 because the leveling was so ridiculously slow and boring.

Shadow13 01-17-2009 16:37

I started up again last night...

I went back to Conan about 20 minutes later. Combat is just too slow for me. I am going to give it another go again tonight and try a different class but so far, playing the shaman I just want to snooze, I would much rather play my ToS in aoc.

Slobax 01-18-2009 00:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow13 (Post 14173283)
I started up again last night...

I went back to Conan about 20 minutes later. Combat is just too slow for me. I am going to give it another go again tonight and try a different class but so far, playing the shaman I just want to snooze, I would much rather play my ToS in aoc.

It's MMORPG combat, you like it or you hate it, you should know by now. I personally hate how console kiddies are forcing the MMO developers to change their games into "twitchy" MMOaction games instead of MMORPGs in this age of dying pc sales, but booming console sales.

Age of Conan was the first offender, which had some of the ****tiest, clunkiest, combat ever. Now almost all the next-gen MMOs coming out this year are "action MMOs"; Champions Online, The Old Republic, DC Universe, etc. I want my dice rolls. I want my RPG on my MMO.

Shadow13 01-18-2009 04:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slobax (Post 14174856)
It's MMORPG combat, you like it or you hate it, you should know by now. I personally hate how console kiddies are forcing the MMO developers to change their games into "twitchy" MMOaction games instead of MMORPGs in this age of dying pc sales, but booming console sales.

Age of Conan was the first offender, which had some of the ****tiest, clunkiest, combat ever. Now almost all the next-gen MMOs coming out this year are "action MMOs"; Champions Online, The Old Republic, DC Universe, etc. I want my dice rolls. I want my RPG on my MMO.

don't get offended because I don't like your one animation, 2 button snore fest. It's ok that people like different things in games, that is why they are called opinions. If everyone was forced to play the same game, we would all be playing wow and thats bad for everyone. New idea's don't kill a genre, old tired rehashed **** does.

As for AoC combat being clunky? I admit, Age of Conan has some issues, but their combat wasn't one of them. It has just as much if not more content at 40 then War does, the difference being I don't hit a button, wait 1.5 seconds, hit another button, wait 1.5 seconds, etc etc.

Warhammer has its merits, just not any that I "care" for. If they had made combat more DAoC'ish, it would be no question I would rather play war, but in reality it feels more sluggish and slow then any other mmo out there.

BobDlux 01-18-2009 09:59

I play on destro on REM. I stopped to go back to WoW when WotLK came out and leveled to 80 but... just more of the same. WAR is the first game where I've liked the pvp action and T3 so far hasn't disappointed. Can't speak for higher up.

Daemon 01-18-2009 11:16

find bioderms/soldiers of legacy on REM to hook up with us. Den and Clymenestra are mains.


Show 40 post(s) from this thread on one page
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:30.
Page 1 of 2

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2003, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All Content Copyright 1999-2020 Tribalwar.Com, LLC