Show 40 post(s) from this thread on one page
TribalWar Forums
Page 50 of 1252

TribalWar Forums (https://www.tribalwar.com/forums/index.php)
-   TWHOF (https://www.tribalwar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=275)
-   -   This is for you Trump voters. (https://www.tribalwar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=683482)

KingSobieski 03-23-2016 09:03

All the losers are endorsing Cruz

Trump said so.

Tyco 03-23-2016 09:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by MC Hamster (Post 18544434)
So a party should just endorse anyone who's popular enough to win them the election and wants to be considered their representative? Even if he doesn't actually represent their values?

Honestly, not picking that guy is actually showing a bit of backbone, standing up for the principles of the party even at its own expense. That's actually kinda admirable. That's saying "We know this guy is popular, and we know we could win with him.. but doing so would be sacrificing what we stand for, and we'd rather take the risk on losing the election than doing that."

As much as I despise party politics, I find it vaguely noble that those 'in the biz' can actually show some principle when it comes down to it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MC Hamster (Post 18544435)
As someone who is part of that world stage: No. Bush was an embarassment for you guys. Trump is an embarassment for you guys. Obama is actually someone most of us out here kinda like.

Don't just take my word for it though, here's a Pew Research page asking the question all over:

http://www.pewglobal.org/database/in...r/6/survey/17/

Compare the Obama years to the Bush years. It's day and night.

The irony of these 2 comments being posted together is not realizing that Bush represents the principles of the Republican establishment. Therefore, the "core" of the Republican party is an embarrassment for the US. Hopefully now you see why such a large segment of registered Republican voters disagree with the party's current leadership. People aren't voting for Trump; they are voting against the establishment. If you look at the Democratic side, the establishment choice is given an absurd 500 delegate head start in the primary.

You are a right, though, in that Obama was a fine president; but it seems as if average Joes like you and LouCypher do not understand why. Obama was a fine president because of his ability to compromise, not just between the Left and Right, but also between the establishment and anti-establishment. Most notably, see the Iran Nuclear Deal. He did not bend over to AIPAC (i.e. establishment) and order the bombing of Iran.

JoMo 03-23-2016 09:50

Iran nuclear deal is terrible though, so that's a poor 'accomplishment'.

If anything, Obama gets props for not being George W Bush, and not going to war when he was pressured to overthrow Assad.

Other than that, he's really been a big nothing.

KingSobieski 03-23-2016 10:03

Obama was READY to go to war with Assad.

Putin slapped him like a little girl.

JoMo 03-23-2016 10:24

Trump's wife was used in an ad by a SuperPAC that supports Ted Cruz. I'm not sure if it helped or hurt him.

http://gq-images.condecdn.net/image/...dKJPN/crop/810

[N]PRIME189 03-23-2016 10:41

Trump responded on Twitter he would spill some beans about Ted's wife if he isn't careful lol

MadHatSam 03-23-2016 10:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoMo (Post 18544995)
Iran nuclear deal is terrible though, so that's a poor 'accomplishment'.

If anything, Obama gets props for not being George W Bush, and not going to war when he was pressured to overthrow Assad.

Other than that, he's really been a big nothing.

Why do you think the deal is terrible?

If Iran develops a nuclear weapon in the next 10 years it obviously will be a failure but that was a risk without a deal too.

KingSobieski 03-23-2016 10:44

That blanket looks soft.

JoMo 03-23-2016 11:53

LOL Now that Jeb has endorsed Ted!

http://www.tedbush.org/

Veniggs 03-23-2016 11:57

i don't get why the iran deal was bad

because israel doesn't like it? because it makes you feel like a *****?

havax 03-23-2016 11:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoMo (Post 18545049)
LOL Now that Jeb has endorsed Ted!

http://www.tedbush.org/

http://nebula.wsimg.com/dcecf34bbffb...&alloworigin=1

wow, that is really dumb

site obviously made by retard bernie supporter

JoMo 03-23-2016 12:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadHatSam (Post 18545018)
Why do you think the deal is terrible?

If Iran develops a nuclear weapon in the next 10 years it obviously will be a failure but that was a risk without a deal too.

Links to reasons why the Iran deal is a bad deal.

http://www.majorityleader.gov/2015/0...deal-bad-deal/

MadHatSam 03-23-2016 12:48

Only 9 and 13 are actual reasons for concern and would be exacerbated without any deal in the first place, the rest are empty or flat out idiotic talking points.

So you have no real reason other than some people oppose it and say it is a bad idea on purely subjective ideological reasons without any objective support for those issues currently.

The deal isn't perfect, but no deal ever is. Just because GW lumped Iran and N. Korea together doesn't mean they are at all equal.

Long term Iran even might be a better partner for peace and stability in the region than the Saudi's or Israel.

Kerosene31 03-23-2016 12:54

Also people forget that the moment Iran comes close to building anything that would so much as make a loud bang, Israel will bomb the **** out of them.

Plus how has toppling stable but ****ty regimes worked over there so far?

MC Hamster 03-23-2016 14:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyco (Post 18544993)
The irony of these 2 comments being posted together is not realizing that Bush represents the principles of the Republican establishment. Therefore, the "core" of the Republican party is an embarrassment for the US. Hopefully now you see why such a large segment of registered Republican voters disagree with the party's current leadership. People aren't voting for Trump; they are voting against the establishment. If you look at the Democratic side, the establishment choice is given an absurd 500 delegate head start in the primary.

I fully understand Bush is something of a beacon of Republicanism.

Trump seems more a Tea Party kinda guy, which (correct me if I'm wrong) is something of.. well, almost a splinter facton within the party. Presumably if that 'core' of the party has the numbers and the power to block him, then that faction does not represent a real majority within the party. In which case, if I were Trump, I'd go off and make it official and form a new party and take with him those that will come. Sounds like he'd be a significant force for both majors to have to negotiate with.

Quote:

You are a right, though, in that Obama was a fine president; but it seems as if average Joes like you and LouCypher do not understand why. Obama was a fine president because of his ability to compromise, not just between the Left and Right, but also between the establishment and anti-establishment. Most notably, see the Iran Nuclear Deal. He did not bend over to AIPAC (i.e. establishment) and order the bombing of Iran.
Err.. his diplomatic ability is exactly why Obama is (IMO) a pretty damn good President, and Trumps lack thereof is the main reason I personally think he'd be absolutely horrible as one... which is an opinion I've shared before :)

MadHatSam 03-23-2016 14:51

A large portion of the US population wants a big swinging dick in the White House, with little care of the actual policies or actions they might take or the consequences of those actions.

The idea of a US that isn't a unilateral force for change in the world is absolutely terrifying to some people.

WarBuddha 03-23-2016 14:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kerosene31 (Post 18545081)
Also people forget that the moment Iran comes close to building anything that would so much as make a loud bang, Israel will bomb the **** out of them.

Plus how has toppling stable but ****ty regimes worked over there so far?

Eh, Iran is a real wild card. They could make enough money from trade now to buy black market uranium from China and hide the enrichment from the inspectors. Once they get a bomb, they can basically start doing whatever they want in the Middle East.

MasterGnr 03-23-2016 14:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadHatSam (Post 18545077)
Long term Iran even might be a better partner for peace and stability in the region than the Saudi's or Israel.

Yep....just like that reset with Russia worked well for everyone. Especially Ukraine.

Just pretend if you treat radical countries nicely they will play nice with everyone else. Obama diplomacy at its finest.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

MadHatSam 03-23-2016 14:56

Except that they already do whatever they want in many ways, and even the hardliners want a more cosmopolitan and civilized middle east compared to what the Saudi's and Jews want for the region.

Developing and maintaining a nuclear arsenal is expensive, sure some crazies still want it, but overall it is in Iran's national interest to use the potential development of one as leverage which is cheaper and more effective than actually developing one.

KingSobieski 03-23-2016 14:58

Who cares what Iran does, the Bush family was the first to support Iran wholeheartedly when they deposed Saddam and replaced him with an Iran-friendly Shiite president.

Iran + Iraq + Syria are BFF's.

Bush is the real Neville Chamberlain appeasing Iran.

Now is the perfect time for ISIS to come out of the dark and form a new Caliphate.

Obama is trying to midwife the little bastard baby that George Bush conceived while ****ing up the balance of power.

Show 40 post(s) from this thread on one page