Show 40 post(s) from this thread on one page
TribalWar Forums
Page 1251 of 1252

TribalWar Forums (https://www.tribalwar.com/forums/index.php)
-   TWHOF (https://www.tribalwar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=275)
-   -   This is for you Trump voters. (https://www.tribalwar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=683482)

ArakAtak 11-15-2016 03:47

close

http://i67.tinypic.com/2a4srxg.jpg

Captain Tele 11-15-2016 03:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArakAtak (Post 18674542)

these are for holding their diapers up

Captain Tele 11-15-2016 03:50

i almost screwed it up real bad

https://media.giphy.com/media/11ziErSEWbAlXi/giphy.gif

ArakAtak 11-15-2016 03:52

Needs to show her being crushed under the Trump Jackboots

TOOT TOOT ****ERS - ARRIVING ON PLATFORM 2017

http://i64.tinypic.com/166dfz5.gif

soon this will get old and we will all move on

not for a while yet though

gracious in victory as well as defeat? nah let's all act like children

starwolf_nexus 11-15-2016 04:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esteban_Villa (Post 18674529)
Charity to others you have no vested interest in other than being a human is a common practice and accepted via millenia of practice.

I'm not saying either is right, but if the country decided to give x resources to y people cause you want to help them is fine, we argue things on a national level and your opinion is more in line with minem but her's isn't as poor as you argue, just not nuanced and fairly raw.

It's also used as a cause to interject ourselves, for better or worse, to get involved in conflicts such as helping the Yazidi people when Isis were going to throw about 50k of them into a pit if they were able to starve them to death.
It cost us a lot of money, risked american lives, and maybe we will get a friendly government out of it? Maybe..?

I like keeping as many doors as open and acts of generosity as a back-end way of making others like us can have long term benefits when properly applied, and shouldn't be discounted as a valid political tool.

The problem with this entire post is that unlike the premise you proposed no one gets to opt out of this "charity" that were talking about, the US government isn't the red cross where you can voluntarily choose to donate. The country didn't get to decide as a whole either on where our money goes for that matter. The government takes it's ever glowingly larger cut and you'd be damned to say no, meanwhile they (federal government) flood states with poorly vetted culturally backwards refugees that have IQ's lower than US middle school students and then shortchange the states in reimbursing the costs of these refugees which the states now have to rob and budget what they have to provide for them and sadly that is at the expense of the tax payers who's incomes haven't grown and their towns are in disrepair.

I also find it disingenuous that you're suggest we (the us populace) decided to care about the Yazidi people because of ISIS. Lets not ignore that giant oil drenched elephant in the room, I mean It's not like our government and the European Union didn't have an interest in destabilizing the stable government by supporting and allowing ISIS to attempt to overthrown the "terrible" democratically elected Basha al-Assad who opposed the pipeline. ISIS also provided a good excuse for us to intervene and to start "bombing ISIS" (aka Assad forces and Syrian Infrastructure) while ISIS grew unhindered under our "bombing campaign" of ISIS targets, not until the involvement of Russian forces did ISIS's growth stop.

I mean President Obama said it himself that we're paying for the training of ISIL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2NkjNvwuaU
ISIL being the Islamic State of Libya. I find it funny he was talking about Iraq and Afghanistan which would imply the ISIS chapter (Islamic State of Syria) not ISIL who were on the other side of Egypt.

cael 11-15-2016 04:54

keep this thread open so we can celebrate trump rolling back on all of his campaign promises and electing a cabinet of political insiders and monkeys

my life is meaningless without this thread

Esteban_Villa 11-15-2016 06:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by starwolf_nexus (Post 18674548)
The problem with this entire post is that unlike the premise you proposed no one gets to opt out of this "charity" that were talking about, the US government isn't the red cross where you can voluntarily choose to donate. The country didn't get to decide as a whole either on where our money goes for that matter. The government takes it's ever glowingly larger cut and you'd be damned to say no, meanwhile they (federal government) flood states with poorly vetted culturally backwards refugees that have IQ's lower than US middle school students and then shortchange the states in reimbursing the costs of these refugees which the states now have to rob and budget what they have to provide for them and sadly that is at the expense of the tax payers who's incomes haven't grown and their towns are in disrepair.

I also find it disingenuous that you're suggest we (the us populace) decided to care about the Yazidi people because of ISIS. Lets not ignore that giant oil drenched elephant in the room, I mean It's not like our government and the European Union didn't have an interest in destabilizing the stable government by supporting and allowing ISIS to attempt to overthrown the "terrible" democratically elected Basha al-Assad who opposed the pipeline. ISIS also provided a good excuse for us to intervene and to start "bombing ISIS" (aka Assad forces and Syrian Infrastructure) while ISIS grew unhindered under our "bombing campaign" of ISIS targets, not until the involvement of Russian forces did ISIS's growth stop.

1) We democratically elected our leader, President Obama, and our involvement, for better or for worse, was consented to in assisting these foreign people. The election of Trump is our measure of recourse and a repudiation of these policies short of overthrow via the 2nd Amendment if these policies were deemed tyrannical. Given you didn't shoot any government officials, I'm guessing you weren't that agitated, or you were lazy and scared for your own skin. Or you think the NRA line of the 2nd amendment being used for hunting isn't just a line used to keep government families happy. Any suggestion to your non-consent through non-action otherwise puts you on the mental fortitude of these Portland protesters - but you never committed any felonies unlike these guys, so congrats you get to keep your vote.

This 'charity' is bribery of foreign leaders to get better deals. If the EU populace despises us because, the political capital we need to work with them becomes greater and will thus become expended sooner. Certain amount of diplomatic norms need to be upheld in acting like others. Quite frankly, Obama got a decent deal when looking at raw numbers per capita compared to Europe. Of course, there are times you need to not be afraid to strike it out on your own or you go down with the herd. I believe this is largely one of those - but we left behind thousands of interpreters in Iraq/Afghanistan and I'm pissed we re-negged on those dudes while their families died. That's bad ****ing business. A different issue, however.

If the argument wants to be made that 'rule by executive order' is an incorrect style of leadership, then we have our elected representatives to fight for us...or maybe we should just get rid of the house and go to direct democracy? wait that requires them to vote themselves out of a job and they'll cry about russian hackers, among many other fears establishment figures of both sides love to prey on.

States also are lining up to accept the refugees. If I had to guess, line them up means Podesta told his subordinates to accept them in politically accepting areas by and large in order to get fed by the DNC machine, sort of like the BRAC's of the 70's and 80's that DoD where they condensed by and large to more military friendly areas due to the poor morale of soldiers festering by constant protests, in addition to other problems.

2) Our leaders secure resources for us to use so that the 70s oil shock fiascos doesn't happen again. Whether the Dems want to admit it or not, I've fully seen their policy of interventionism and containment of overseas country a way to placate a necessity of needing resources (given how hard the 70s crushed the Democratic Party), but appeasing the environmentalists while having the extra benefit of having less of a risk of things oil spills, nuclear disasters, etc., as they all get pinned on the guy in charge if luck strikes the wrong way. There is merit to that suggestion, and our resources as a reserve are a good thing, they're the only ones we can truly rely on - but we also need to have our people working and creating value within to export elsewhere. There's always a tipping point for this and the scale is constantly changing which one we need to practice more of. We can't hump and dump what we have, but we can't also let it go to waste. Yemen is turning into a greater ****hole than it was as peak oil is hitting - let's not do that to ourselves, and given the Great Lakes has withered into a ****hole, it's time to get Oily and push some of them into economically viable lands and maybe even be able to rejuvenate some of theirs. We're a republic - our states look out for one another in times of crisis, that's why we federalized in the first place.

3) Saying Bashar was democratically elected, while technically correct, is a line of rhetoric ignorant to the underlying situation of a strongman leading a country that quite frankly, needs a strongman for their to be a semblance of order. He was initially elected unopposed with a near 100% vote for him. While players of various factions in all democracies attempt to use extra and pseudo-legal measures (to varying degrees) the system in their favor, and from the get-go media in the USA media bias was huge with an urban merchant elite pushing out pamphlets left and right favoring the Federalist party to quash the early, un-unified proto democratic-republicans under Jefferson. People who work and live a fulfilling life need concise information, and there will always be a point of weakness which brings it back to the initial point, if you do not counter these fallacies successfully, you are responsible for the policies of the executive. Get smarter, adjust tactics, or be like the establishment Dems who want to blame Comey and solely Comey while they miss the world changing around them.

The legislative is different given the defined geographic boundaries our representatives argue on behalf of, and are supposed to work across and you're not responsible for someone's vote in a place you are not represented.

Salieri 11-15-2016 06:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by starwolf_nexus (Post 18674548)

I mean President Obama said it himself that we're paying for the training of ISIL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2NkjNvwuaU
ISIL being the Islamic State of Libya. I find it funny he was talking about Iraq and Afghanistan which would imply the ISIS chapter (Islamic State of Syria) not ISIL who were on the other side of Egypt.

ISIL is the Islamic State Of Iraq and the Levant. Maybe you should get a clue before posting. Regardless that slip of the tongue has been corrected over and over again, unless you believe some crazy conspiracy, which would not be surprising as 90% of TW seem to be tinfoil hatters at the moment.

Nash 11-15-2016 06:46

^-- this ****ing guy :rofl:

Salieri 11-15-2016 07:02

I'm not the one who thought ISIL was the Islamic State in Libya.

LGBR 11-15-2016 07:02

ya i mean they just happen to have all these american weapons and are fighting the russians almost exclusively and its just a crazy conspiracy honestly

ArakAtak 11-15-2016 07:26

Just call them daesh and have done with it

NoGodForMe 11-15-2016 07:40

We're not going to be the world cop under Trump and this charity BS is going to stop. Bush 43 thought the same way and had a balanced budget going until 09/11. That completely ****ed up everything throwing us into war. We won the war but then the rebuilding crap was a total disaster (mission accomplished). What we learned from Iraq is no boots on the ground, and no matter who we help, the terrorists eventually get the weapons and vehicles.

What I hope to see from Trump, is the debt clock stop. That's the scoreboard to me.
U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time

StapleMammal1 11-15-2016 07:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by cogzinofa (Post 18674505)
"War is the continuation of politics by other means."
- Carl von Clausewitz

you want to have a quote war or do you want to tell me why voting matters?

Plato told everyone already. Deal with it.

Also "Declaring that war is a mere continuation of policy “by” other means implies that diplomatic, economic, and ideological interaction between the combatants screeches to a halt when the shooting starts."

**** off. :stab:

NightTrain 11-15-2016 08:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by cogzinofa (Post 18674460)
here's your choice: you can be punched in the mouth or kicked in the balls.

if you don't choose you don't have a right to complain.

that still work for you?

So its your contention that these protests are about two ****ty candidates and would have happened if Hillary won as well?

Kerosene31 11-15-2016 08:38

Definitely lock and HOF this asap. There can be a new thread (or 10) still going on the same subject.

-SS- 11-15-2016 08:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kerosene31 (Post 18674582)
Definitely lock and HOF this asap. There can be a new thread (or 10) still going on the same subject.

Hell no.

Let this ride. Still HOF.

Rayn 11-15-2016 08:56

I think 1250 pages is enough. Let's start over.

JustinCase 11-15-2016 09:02

noooooooooooooooooooo

SuperTrap 11-15-2016 09:03

Won't someone think of the tables!?

Show 40 post(s) from this thread on one page