Show 40 post(s) from this thread on one page
TribalWar Forums
Page 29 of 34

TribalWar Forums (https://www.tribalwar.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.tribalwar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   To the tw religious ppl (https://www.tribalwar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=696182)

amRam 10-30-2020 17:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amadeus (Post 19253489)
Yeah, I remember some incredibly good airplanes flying into some very deserving skyscrapers. :rolleyes:

You keep glossing over the point that people's beliefs inform their actions which affect others, and it's kind of important.

So let me phrase my question this way: is there any good reason why people should base their decisions on anything other than reality?

And you keep glossing over the most significant atrocities in modern times attributable directly to secularists. So yeah go ahead and suck Stalin cock some more.

havax 10-30-2020 17:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaol (Post 19253492)
:lol:

and then we have chaol over here, he's probably smoking about as much crack as his pedo friend hunter, and most likely sucking dick for cash, that's his reality. :shrug:

Chaol 10-30-2020 17:40

smoking crack and engaging in some incestuous pedophilia, just like everyone else who disagrees with you

it's friday and i'm ready to treat myself

havax 10-30-2020 17:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaol (Post 19253497)
smoking crack and engaging in some incestuous pedophilia, just like everyone else who disagrees with you

it's friday and i'm ready to treat myself

i bet you are, since that is your reality.

a reality where you don't mind condoning behavior like that, and even consider it okay to vote in as leadership of your country.

amRam 10-30-2020 17:43

Btw i ****ing love that the guy who used to shill for muslims in every remotely anti-muslim thread is now using their beliefs to attack the whole population. It's absolutely awesome.

Amadeus 10-30-2020 17:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by amRam (Post 19253493)
And you keep glossing over the most significant atrocities in modern times attributable directly to secularists. So yeah go ahead and suck Stalin cock some more.

I don't see what you're trying to prove with this. It's not like I ever claimed that being an atheist or secularist automatically makes you moral or reasonable. Claiming monopoly on morals is religion's thing.

Will you try to answer my question?

amRam 10-30-2020 17:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amadeus (Post 19253500)
I don't see what you're trying to prove with this. It's not like I ever claimed that being an atheist or secularist automatically makes you moral or reasonable. Claiming monopoly on morals is religion's thing.

Will you try to answer my question?

You keep bringing up the negatives of religion as if nothing bad happens outside of religious belief. Secularists have killed millions while attempting to eliminate religious beliefs. Your track record is HORRENDOUS, and very short.

Belief in god is very likely the foundation of all our morals. Almost all humans across all cultures since the dawn of time have held beliefs in higher power. You can CLAIM that your moral compass is your own doing but so far I've yet to see you post any historical evidence for that assertion.

amRam 10-30-2020 17:57

And your question is ****ing stupid. Belief in god IS reality. It has been reality since our dawn.

Amadeus 10-30-2020 18:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by amRam (Post 19253503)
You keep bringing up the negatives of religion as if nothing bad happens outside of religious belief. Secularists have killed millions while attempting to eliminate religious beliefs. Your track record is HORRENDOUS, and very short.

Belief in god is very likely the foundation of all our morals. Almost all humans across all cultures since the dawn of time have held beliefs in higher power. You can CLAIM that your moral compass is your own doing but so far I've yet to see you post any historical evidence for that assertion.

First of all: spanish inquisition. Might wanna tone down the moral superiority thing just a little.

Second, I never claimed that nothing bad ever happens outside of religious belief. What religious and secular genocides have in common is that they're both based in irrational beliefs that don't align with reality. Which is why allowing your view of reality to be undermined by irrational beliefs, religious or otherwise, is ****ing dangerous and you should stop.

Third, may I remind you:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amadeus (Post 19247727)
Also, this is my cue to call bull**** on the entire concept of people aligning themselves to a deity:

Did you knew? Neurological evidence that "God's will" is bull**** by Amadeus - TribalWar Forums

Quote:

http://www.pnas.org/content/106/51/21533

[...]

cliffs:
- Put people in an fMRI machine
- Ask them what they think about X, and a certain area of the brain lights up
- Ask them what other people think about X, and a different area lights up
- Ask them what God thinks about X, and it's the first area associated with the self that lights up, not the second. Neurologically, God's will is your will.

Explains how God miraculously hates all the same people you do.

amRam 10-30-2020 18:12

Oh you mean both secular and religious humans are capable of evil? No way..... no way....

Stalin killed millions. Why should I be secular give me a good reason plz

Amadeus 10-30-2020 18:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by amRam (Post 19253508)
Oh you mean both secular and religious humans are capable of evil? No way..... no way....

Stalin killed millions. Why should I be secular give me a good reason plz

Because the rational position is to withhold belief in any claim until sufficient evidence is pesented. Thus, secularism is the default until some religion succeeds in making good on its burden of proof.

You would not be asking this same question about leprechauns and fairies, and the reasoning is exactly the same.

amRam 10-30-2020 18:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amadeus (Post 19253510)
Because the rational position is to withhold belief in any claim until sufficient evidence is pesented. Thus, secularism is the default until some religion succeeds in making good on its burden of proof.

You would not be asking this same question about leprechauns and fairies, and the reasoning is exactly the same.

You keep asking for good reasons and I keep telling you we've succeeded across multiple cultures and tens of thousands of years with religious beliefs. So far our track record after God's death is NOT SO GREAT.

What evidence do you have that we're better off secular?

Amadeus 10-30-2020 18:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by amRam (Post 19253511)
You keep asking for good reasons and I keep telling you we've succeeded across multiple cultures and tens of thousands of years with religious beliefs. So far our track record after God's death is NOT SO GREAT.

What evidence do you have that we're better off secular?

The fact that the same logic that tells us that we should be secular is also the basis for the scientific method, which has improved quality of life immensely whereever it was applied. Because, you know, aligning your thinking to match reality tends to help.

Also, you have yet to demonstrate that said success is because of the religious belief. In fact, considering that religious genocides have been a thing as long as religions themselves, one could consider it lucky that we succeeded despite them.

Plus, you know, the physical evidence quoted above which demonstrates that people use "god's will" as an excuse to justify whatever they already believe.

amRam 10-30-2020 18:42

Plus, you know

Like, you know

In fact, like, as you know

amRam 10-30-2020 18:45

Religious genocides are proof that religion is bad.

Secular genocides are just, like, you know, some other thing.

cael 10-30-2020 18:46

im just a fan of genocide in general

amRam 10-30-2020 18:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by cael (Post 19253523)
im just a fan of genocide in general

I prefer my genocide commanded by God.

Falhawk 10-30-2020 18:49

He/it has a long history of it

99.9% of all species ever known are extinct.

havax 10-30-2020 18:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Falhawk (Post 19251694)
Ok ill bring it back to the main topic. Why do people believe in their own God? There a bunch of pantheon, why christian (which is a relatively recent umbrella), Islam, hindu, or the USA bible from ngfm? Peer pressure? Tradition?

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

i'm of no particular denomination. i just believe that there may be a higher power. i believe there is something after death. i believe in other planes of existence and thought. i am also a graduate of stem degrees.

i respect your right NOT to believe in anything, that's fine.

but when you start hating on others, especially vocally, i believe you are in the wrong.

Falhawk 10-30-2020 19:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by havax (Post 19253529)
i'm of no particular denomination. i just believe that there may be a higher power. i believe there is something after death. i believe in other planes of existence and thought. i am also a graduate of stem degrees.

I agree with you that there is something after death. I believe out bodies break down and our atoms release and propagate throughout the universe (though likely a lot closer). I believe that something created the universe we live in currently, but that we're also likely one of many. I believe that with as many planets/galaxies/universes out there we are not special; but given the sheer size of space we will not meet others. I think it is ok just living in the moment, adopting social contracts to enjoy what we have now and not tread on others but also not do things now to make whatever happens when we die hypothetically better. I do not believe in anyone telling me that I have to live a certain way to get some completely unknown afterlife happen. I believe that's just a means of control. I also believe that many very good people follow that and are a joy to be around, and unlike Amadeus (why are you all responding to him) that it is great. I do not believe that large scale decisions for all humans should be based on mythical feelings.

I also think that norse/egyptian/Greek pantheons are the coolest. And I think that anyone who wants to believe in Jesus should read up on the first two and realize it is very much copied from those.

Whatever blows your hair back as long as it doesn't affect my life.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Show 40 post(s) from this thread on one page