Show 40 post(s) from this thread on one page
TribalWar Forums
Page 8734 of 8750

TribalWar Forums (https://www.tribalwar.com/forums/index.php)
-   TWHOF (https://www.tribalwar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=275)
-   -   [Mega] MAGA Super Trump Mega Thread (https://www.tribalwar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=686285)

Al'Muktar 01-26-2021 17:31

id actually be interested in knowing the sort of stuff the 3 felonies a day relates to

you got a link or somethin sam? im assuming it isnt stuff like drugs or warez

amRam 01-26-2021 17:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al'Muktar (Post 19292243)
id actually be interested in knowing the sort of stuff the 3 felonies a day relates to

you got a link or somethin sam? im assuming it isnt stuff like drugs or warez

I'm not so sure about 3 felonies a day, but the point is that the laws are so vast and convoluted that you're breaking some without even knowing it, right?

Al'Muktar 01-26-2021 17:41

yes 100%, I don't think anyone could really argue that the prison system in general and the private prison system in specific is ****ing horrendous

I'm just pruriently curious as to what types of felonies were identified as being among the 3 a day because as an anthropologist i love that ****

Fool 01-26-2021 17:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al'Muktar (Post 19292254)
yes 100%, I don't think anyone could really argue that the prison system in general and the private prison system in specific is ****ing horrendous

I'm just pruriently curious as to what types of felonies were identified as being among the 3 a day because as an anthropologist i love that ****

It's from a book written by a Harvard professor and lawyer named Harvey Silverglate, and I can't find any examples he puts forth, just a lot of articles that cite his book making the claim. From the description it looks like a lot of vague federal laws particularly in tech. Probably a lot of bunk to sell books.

clu 01-26-2021 17:57

how much do you think it would cost to shag judge judy? she's a jew, so you know at some point she would name the price

samUwell 01-26-2021 18:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fool (Post 19292259)
It's from a book written by a Harvard professor and lawyer named Harvey Silverglate, and I can't find any examples he puts forth, just a lot of articles that cite his book making the claim. From the description it looks like a lot of vague federal laws particularly in tech. Probably a lot of bunk to sell books.

^this.

Three Felonies A Day: How the Feds Target the Innocent, and Fool is right in what he said. I read the book years ago and all I can really recall it's all kinds of federal laws that turned into criminal laws that prior to that, were just regulations, and that is how we are being targeted.

I read another book last year (I think) that I liked better than the book above called, One Nation Under Arrest: How Crazy Laws, Rogue Prosecutors, and Activist Judges Threaten Your Liberty. Some of the stories in this book got me pissed off. :lol:

Al'Muktar 01-26-2021 18:11

thanks, guys!

cael 01-26-2021 18:12

wow it's almost as though law enforcement is arbitrary and capricious

-SS- 01-26-2021 18:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al'Muktar (Post 19292254)

It's a combination between local, State, and Federal laws

It's so bad, that no one (not even the GAO) knows how many laws are out there. In fact, GAO doesnt even know how many federal laws there are. Look at how many counties there are in the USA (election maps can help there). You get the idea.

Imo, the old adage 'ignorance of the law is no excuse' is ****ing horse****.

JuggerNaught 01-26-2021 18:21

We also need to stop privatizing military support

SeVeReD 01-26-2021 18:24

This is from Conviction Machine by Harvey Silvergate and Sydney Powell

Quote:

..Over Criminalization

Congress has passed too many criminal laws, many of which are overlapping and others far too broad. On top of this, overly creative prosecutors have learned to expand existing statutes beyond recognition by combining parts of different statutes to make up new crimes - a practice well documented in Licensed To Lie. Prosecutors also take the broad conspiracy and aiding and abetting statutes and incorporate into them federal regulations that were never intended to be criminal offenses....
I'm pretty sure I've committed 3 federal offences right here.

Skipperlipicus 01-26-2021 18:32

:lol: Sydney Powell. Any word on the Kraken?

cael 01-26-2021 18:35

Former Google CEO and others call for U.S.-China tech "bifurcation" - Axios

the new cold wars on is boys

samUwell 01-26-2021 18:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by -SS- (Post 19292271)
It's a combination between local, State, and Federal laws

It's so bad, that no one (not even the GAO) knows how many laws are out there. In fact, GAO doesnt even know how many federal laws there are. Look at how many counties there are in the USA (election maps can help there). You get the idea.

In one of the books I posed above (I think it was One nation under arrest), the author tells a story about this one American who was importing lobster from a Central/South American nation. Somehow, (I think it was from a competitor) the name of his company was given to the Feds which sent in the inspectors to inspect his cargo for contraband, and it turned up nothing. So, the Feds started digging through all his financials looking for anything they could charge him with, and again, they had nothing. So, they started looking deeper and they discovered some unknown trade agreement where citizens in the US can be charged for breaking foreign nations laws about trade and they found some never before heard of regulation in this foreign nation about transporting lobster in a special bag - something that this American wasn't doing - the US Feds charged him for this foreign law and threw the book at him.
Quote:

Originally Posted by -SS- (Post 19292271)
Imo, the old adage 'ignorance of the law is no excuse' is ****ing horse****.

Our laws used to be based around Mens rea.
Quote:

Mens rea (/***712;m***603;nz ***712;re***618;***601;/; Law Latin for "guilty mind") is the mental element of a person's intention to commit a crime; or knowledge that one's action or lack of action would cause a crime to be committed. It is a necessary element of many crimes.

The standard common law test of criminal liability is expressed in the Latin phrase actus reus non facit reum nisi mens sit rea, i.e. "the act is not culpable unless the mind is guilty".[1]:113 In jurisdictions with due process, there must be both actus reus ("guilty act") and mens rea for a defendant to be guilty of a crime (see concurrence). As a general rule, someone who acted without mental fault is not liable in criminal law. Exceptions are known as strict liability crimes. Moreover, when a person intends a harm, but because of bad aim or other cause, the intent is transferred from an intended victim to an unintended victim, the case is considered to be a matter of transferred intent.[2]:63–64

In civil law, it is usually not necessary to prove a subjective mental element to establish liability for breach of contract or tort, for example. But if a tort is intentionally committed or a contract is intentionally breached, such intent may increase the scope of liability and the damages payable to the plaintiff.
This was the hurdle that the Feds needed to break in order to criminalize us all, and they did it. By removing the guilty mind aspect of breaking a law, they began to criminalize regulations that no one ever heard of and power-hungry potential politicians began 'getting tough on crime' and used these new criminal acts to highlight why they deserve to become a critter.

The One Nation Under Arrest book is a good bathroom book. Helps get the **** out if you know what I mean... :) But the book goes really good Rise of the Warrior Cop: The Militarization of America's Police Forces.

And all of this ties directly back to the dangers of the private prison system and how their lobbyists can get critters to create more laws and make more of us criminals for unheard of regulations turned criminal acts.

cael 01-26-2021 19:33

Rudy Giuliani Warns Dominion Against Lawsuit: 'I'm a Crazy Guy, I Really Am, Just Really Crazy'

KittyCat 01-26-2021 19:40

https://images.gofundme.com/Xkhvggc5...8364205_r.jpeg

A true American patriot and he got paid by Soros and friends :lol:

KittyCat 01-26-2021 19:42

Donate to the patriot cause

I just sent over 100$

https://www.gofundme.com/f/jackson-reffitt-college-fund

:flag:

lemon 01-26-2021 19:42

is that skippy?

cael 01-26-2021 19:45

Fundraiser for Jackson REFFITT by Jackson Reffitt : Jackson Reffitt college fund

just donated to help set this patriot up now that his dad is going to jail he needs some support

havax 01-26-2021 19:52

Lol what a complete piece of ****

Show 40 post(s) from this thread on one page