Show 40 post(s) from this thread on one page
TribalWar Forums
Page 8682 of 8750

TribalWar Forums (https://www.tribalwar.com/forums/index.php)
-   TWHOF (https://www.tribalwar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=275)
-   -   [Mega] MAGA Super Trump Mega Thread (https://www.tribalwar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=686285)

cael 01-20-2021 18:43

so who's excited for 2024 ??

MC Hamster 01-20-2021 18:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by DocHolliday (Post 19289455)
Change is not always better. I see a growing gap in this regard in my area. I will acknowledge its probably different in different areas. That's just a given. The smugness coming from certain areas of Chicago only grows and its getting to the point that everyone around them hates them. The area I live in has over 9 million people (Chicago and surrounding burbs). The areas where this smugness is pervasive is quite a bit smaller than this in both area and population. I find more like minded, good friendly people in areas like Bridgeport (more blue collar and old school city/ghetto mix) than I do in the Gold Coast, Lincoln Park, etc (hipster place to be).

I had some friends that went down that road. They are no longer friends. Their cliques stink of high school bull****. They are so caught up in their money (I make more) and moral perfection they are impossible to be around and the irony of their behaviors is obvious to everyone but them.

I've seen both pretty closely, and yup, the "inner city leftie" is absolutely a thing and yeah, it can be pretty distasteful. On the flip side of that though, the "rural hick" is absolutely a thing as well, and IMO is a lot more problematic. Neither extreme is great, and there does need to be a middle ground there somewhere - while ignoring the conservatives can lead to some chaos as a myriad new ideas come and go, but ignoring the progressives can lead to complete stagnation, and that's basically death. Athens/Sparta is the textbook example there.

Animo 01-20-2021 18:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by cael (Post 19289474)

So is it tradition now for the loser to contest the election so hard that they hurt their party again?

cael 01-20-2021 18:46

i think tradition flew away a long time ago it's anything goes now

KittyCat 01-20-2021 18:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by DocHolliday (Post 19289455)
Change is not always better. I see a growing gap in this regard in my area. I will acknowledge its probably different in different areas. That's just a given. The smugness coming from certain areas of Chicago only grows and its getting to the point that everyone around them hates them. The area I live in has over 9 million people (Chicago and surrounding burbs). The areas where this smugness is pervasive is quite a bit smaller than this in both area and population. I find more like minded, good friendly people in areas like Bridgeport (more blue collar and old school city/ghetto mix) than I do in the Gold Coast, Lincoln Park, etc (hipster place to be).

I had some friends that went down that road. They are no longer friends. Their cliques stink of high school bull****. They are so caught up in their money (I make more) and moral perfection they are impossible to be around and the irony of their behaviors is obvious to everyone but them.

I live in Lincoln Park I can assure you it's not hipster

It's rich jewish mom's and big ten people from Michigan State

You gotta go all way to west logan to find a hipster these days

MasterGnr 01-20-2021 18:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by cael (Post 19289474)

I am excited for 2021 - this is all Biden's now. I can't wait to see how he solves all the problems Trump couldn't!

Animo 01-20-2021 18:50

I***8217;m sure he will make mistakes

But not being a huge egotistical narcissistic Twitter maniac will be a huge improvement

amRam 01-20-2021 18:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by MC Hamster (Post 19289475)
I've seen both pretty closely, and yup, the "inner city leftie" is absolutely a thing and yeah, it can be pretty distasteful. On the flip side of that though, the "rural hick" is absolutely a thing as well, and IMO is a lot more problematic. Neither extreme is great, and there does need to be a middle ground there somewhere - while ignoring the conservatives can lead to some chaos as a myriad new ideas come and go, but ignoring the progressives can lead to complete stagnation, and that's basically death. Athens/Sparta is the textbook example there.

What makes you think the "rural hick" is more dangerous? The ultraprogressives tend to drive societal change through education and workplace reforms. What does the hick do? Form a militia?

SeVeReD 01-20-2021 18:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterGnr (Post 19289479)
I am excited for 2021 - this is all Biden's now. I can't wait to see how he solves all the problems Trump couldn't!

They obviously do not care what any 'hicks' think. Theirs was a coup and they know people know it. In our face blatant, the erosion is in all of D.C. and has been festering for a long time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OYyX...&index=33&t=0s

"..and we need the intelligence community, look at the WeaponsOfMassDestruction Russian hacking, we wouldn't have discovered it..."

gee thanks GI guys you're terrorific.. stay in D.C. and do your intelligent stuff

KittyCat 01-20-2021 18:59

https://i.ibb.co/0qWf4X3/1611184280701.jpg

Kiint 01-20-2021 19:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by amRam (Post 19289481)
societal change through education and workplace reforms.

I'm confused, what's actually wrong with this?

MC Hamster 01-20-2021 19:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by amRam (Post 19289481)
What makes you think the "rural hick" is more dangerous? The ultraprogressives tend to drive societal change through education and workplace reforms. What does the hick do? Form a militia?

Thought I went through that in the follow-up, but it probably wasn't particularly clear. No, I'm not talking about the individuals, just the mindset/philosophy.

Ultra-progressive concepts take on everything new and shiny with no real eye on where things are at present and where they've been. It can lead to too much, too soon, and overwhelm and alienate. The silver lining in there is that being open to new concepts can also lead to those "old" new concepts being discarded as well, and there's some sort of average that comes out of the wild chaos of change. While some of the changes may be a step back for some, others can come along and re-adjust that down the line.

Ultra-conservatism (ie: no change, no progress) is ultimately unsustainable. It is a complete stagnation of progress and development and will wind up being overtaken and overwhelmed - it's that isolated tribe deep in the amazon throwing spears at a passing helicopter. It's hundreds of years of Spartan lifestyle being defeated by Athenians who have figured out the flaws in their system. It can't work in the long term.

Kiint 01-20-2021 19:04

Conservatives when "big government" introduces any kind of policy which is seen as "nanny state".

https://i.imgur.com/QgXYq3F.jpg

Animo 01-20-2021 19:04

One of my favorite things about Trump is he got more people interested in politics, including myself.

lemon 01-20-2021 19:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al'Muktar (Post 19289472)
while reading up on the q stuff

LMFAO

amRam 01-20-2021 19:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by MC Hamster (Post 19289486)
Thought I went through that in the follow-up, but it probably wasn't particularly clear. No, I'm not talking about the individuals, just the mindset/philosophy.

Ultra-progressive concepts take on everything new and shiny with no real eye on where things are at present and where they've been. It can lead to too much, too soon, and overwhelm and alienate. The silver lining in there is that being open to new concepts can also lead to those "old" new concepts being discarded as well, and there's some sort of average that comes out of the wild chaos of change. While some of the changes may be a step back for some, others can come along and re-adjust that down the line.

Ultra-conservatism (ie: no change, no progress) is ultimately unsustainable. It is a complete stagnation of progress and development and will wind up being overtaken and overwhelmed - it's that isolated tribe deep in the amazon throwing spears at a passing helicopter. It's hundreds of years of Spartan lifestyle being defeated by Athenians who have figured out the flaws in their system. It can't work in the long term.

Ultra-progressives have the platform. Ultra conservatives, if they even exist in any sort of meaningful numbers, are of no consequence. They don't have a say in public discourse and they seem to have little or no political clout. The Overton window has shifted massively against them. They do not pose a threat. It seems to me that its foolish to even consider them a variable. We should be worried about the far left exerting pressure on institutions and businesses.

Kiint 01-20-2021 19:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by amRam (Post 19289490)
We should be worried about the far left exerting pressure on institutions and businesses.

Why?

Animo 01-20-2021 19:15

I feel like Bernie is literally Larry David and always think of the Curb your Enthusiasm theme song when I see Bernie

MC Hamster 01-20-2021 19:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by amRam (Post 19289490)
Ultra-progressives have the platform. Ultra conservatives, if they even exist in any sort of meaningful numbers, are of no consequence. They don't have a say in public discourse and they seem to have little or no political clout. The Overton window has shifted massively against them. They do not pose a threat.

Well, if you think of it as an axis, that "ultra conservative" is the zero point. It's simple to see if it's there or not. What's "ultra progressive"? There is no real end out to that side, so it can only be defined by the furthest existing example. There is still a hypothetical point further out than that which doesn't exist in practice though, just as there is on the conservative end. As far as that spectrum goes though, as has been noted pretty frequently: the USA as a whole is way closer to that zero point than most other countries on the planet these days, you can say that "ultra progressives have the platform" - the 'progressiveness' of those ideologies is a completely relative thing, though. I don't think the idea of public health care is particularly extreme, for example.

amRam 01-20-2021 19:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by MC Hamster (Post 19289495)
Well, if you think of it as an axis, that "ultra conservative" is the zero point. It's simple to see if it's there or not. What's "ultra progressive"? There is no real end out to that side, so it can only be defined by the furthest existing example. There is still a hypothetical point further out than that which doesn't exist in practice though, just as there is on the conservative end. As far as that spectrum goes though, as has been noted pretty frequently: the USA as a whole is way closer to that zero point than most other countries on the planet these days, you can say that "ultra progressives have the platform" - the 'progressiveness' of those ideologies is a completely relative thing, though. I don't think the idea of public health care is particularly extreme, for example.

Publicly funded healthcare isn't an ultra progressive idea. Purple haired men who pretend to be women and go into girls bathrooms or compete in girls sports, for example, is an ultra progressive idea.

And this is a US based forum and a US based political discussion...if we're gonna set a frame of reference.

Show 40 post(s) from this thread on one page