Show 40 post(s) from this thread on one page
TribalWar Forums
Page 619 of 620

TribalWar Forums (https://www.tribalwar.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.tribalwar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   diablo 3 (https://www.tribalwar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=648858)

Rustie 10-09-2015 19:58

Just lost a lvl 70 wizard on torment VII and then a lvl 52 wizard equipped with my lvl 1 leveling gear, had a good run. Is fun when you play HC. It actually feels like a game. I play for a while, winning winning winning. Then I die.... I loose so I stop playing for a while. Maybe go back this season, maybe go back next season. Norm makes no sense to me, you just revive right on top of your body and get infinitely great with no repercussions for anything that you do.

Odio 10-09-2015 20:29

Diablo 2 is such a superior game Diablo 3 should have to apologize publicly for sharing the same name.

jerry 10-09-2015 20:49

Bull****! Diablo 3 is ****ing AMAZING!

CjBurden 10-10-2015 04:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rustie (Post 18455714)
Just lost a lvl 70 wizard on torment VII and then a lvl 52 wizard equipped with my lvl 1 leveling gear, had a good run. Is fun when you play HC. It actually feels like a game. I play for a while, winning winning winning. Then I die.... I loose so I stop playing for a while. Maybe go back this season, maybe go back next season. Norm makes no sense to me, you just revive right on top of your body and get infinitely great with no repercussions for anything that you do.

some people don't want 60 hours of their life erased, seems pretty easy to understand. Also in normal, you're willing to push the envelope at higher tiers than you are comfortable with whereas in HC you pretty much just grind on stuff thats easy at a slower pace.

Rustie 10-10-2015 13:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by CjBurden (Post 18455882)
some people don't want 60 hours of their life erased, seems pretty easy to understand. Also in normal, you're willing to push the envelope at higher tiers than you are comfortable with whereas in HC you pretty much just grind on stuff thats easy at a slower pace.

Video games are meant to waste time, whatever item you get is just a nice little sequence of 0's and 1's regardless. You can push the envelope on HC, you just have to actually "try" to push the envelope. In normal you don't have to try you just run in balls to the wall "Leeeeee rooooy jenkins" die and get right back up and keep fighting.

I understand the point you are trying to make, but perhaps blizzard should reconsider the revive on top of your body feature.

SmallKiwi 10-10-2015 18:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by CjBurden (Post 18455882)

Hi cj :wave:

CjBurden 10-10-2015 19:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rustie (Post 18456009)
Video games are meant to waste time, whatever item you get is just a nice little sequence of 0's and 1's regardless. You can push the envelope on HC, you just have to actually "try" to push the envelope. In normal you don't have to try you just run in balls to the wall "Leeeeee rooooy jenkins" die and get right back up and keep fighting.

I understand the point you are trying to make, but perhaps blizzard should reconsider the revive on top of your body feature.

and I get your side too, just offering the contrarian point.

Sup Kiwi, still playing Hots?
I won't say I quit but I barely play now. couple times a month really.

Atreides 10-10-2015 19:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rustie (Post 18456009)
You can push the envelope on HC, you just have to actually "try" to push the envelope. In normal you don't have to try you just run in balls to the wall "Leeeeee rooooy jenkins" die and get right back up and keep fighting.

The paramount goal for a HC toon is to not die - no matter what they do, so long as they don't die they will achieve this goal and feel on some level 'progress' was made. When you apply that to normal mode, yes, resurrection seems to trivialize everything.

Normal (for me) has one long-term goal; GRs and as a natural extension; the leader board.

If you're doing a GR where a single death still leads to a clear in time; no envelope was pushed.

It takes a ton of RNG just to get the right map, mobs, density and shrines. Normies who aim for the top of the ladder don't play with death as an acceptable outcome. Do they lose their toon/gear? no, but they also didn't achieve what they set out to do - and most never will on normal difficulty.

The real key to measurable success in Diablo (whether Normal or HC) requires more hours than most people will ever care to log in a single season. The game just isn't interesting enough for 99.999% of its players.

HaPpY 10-10-2015 19:48

leaderboard at what, who wastes the most time? or do diablo spergs actually believe skill was involved

GraphiX 10-12-2015 14:34

so i patched the game and logged in for the first time in a while. i still have a 70 WD, 70 DH and 60 Crusader in HC. i guess there aren't seasons like there are in SC and i can still use these toons to play with all u other dudes who are also playing HC, right?

cuz i wanna play w/ u dudes

Thresh 10-12-2015 14:45

gotta have a season character to play with other season characters

jerry 10-12-2015 14:46

There are seasons in HC!

You have about a month and half left for this season. GOOD LUCK!

MaLicE 10-12-2015 16:41

I just reinstalled and died at 64 in season trying to legit level grind. Then I said **** this and got powerleveled thru 70 and into paragon ~20. Dying in HC is no biggy these days.

jerry 10-12-2015 17:12

Yes, power leveling RULES!

MaLicE 10-13-2015 16:32

well im paragon ~80 now if anyone is playing hardcore seasonal. im still kinda noobish and only running T3

jerry 10-13-2015 19:22

Yes, I AM PLAYING!

You need to join Team StK!

MaLicE 10-13-2015 21:26

Ya sounds good i sent friend rq

CjBurden 10-13-2015 23:00

I don't play HC because I'm a gigantic *****.

GraphiX 10-13-2015 23:19

i m gonna get on and play HC because my dick tears my underwear open when i walk

MaLicE 10-14-2015 01:10

i am Stabban#1680

Show 40 post(s) from this thread on one page