Show 40 post(s) from this thread on one page
TribalWar Forums
Page 26 of 620

TribalWar Forums (https://www.tribalwar.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.tribalwar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   diablo 3 (https://www.tribalwar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=648858)

drake 03-22-2012 21:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goshin (Post 17087282)
why would act 1 **** town drop rares morons

It does :twak:

|V| 03-22-2012 21:23

you're so bad, goshin had to tell you what's up

gj

jotun 03-22-2012 21:32

I can't believe they're really sticking with all spell damage based on weapon damage

Vance 03-22-2012 21:44

why cant you believe it

Rurouni 03-22-2012 21:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by jotun (Post 17087396)
I can't believe they're really sticking with all spell damage based on weapon damage

i don't see the problem. there are no +skills in d3 compared to d2, how else are casters supposed to modify their damage? through just +int and levels?

jotun 03-22-2012 21:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rurouni (Post 17087449)
i don't see the problem. there are no +skills in d3 compared to d2, how else are casters supposed to modify their damage? through just +int and levels?

Through some system that actually makes sense

Vermouth 03-22-2012 21:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyanide (Post 17087084)
ive had two rares drop in field of hollows or watever

axe of apocalypse or somethin real sweet

and some nice helm

is that the area nigs were glitching into or whatev, or just one of the lead-up areas to the cathedral?

Rurouni 03-22-2012 22:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by jotun (Post 17087470)
Through some system that actually makes sense

like have weapons be magical and give you magical empowerment/modifier for all your spells? the better harry potter wand you have the more damage you do

maybe like a number they attach to each weapon

maybe like what it is right now

Durak 03-22-2012 22:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by jotun (Post 17087470)
Through some system that actually makes sense

it's the same thing

either you have weapons which give +damage modifiers or just have weapons be the damage modifier

no difference dude

Funky 03-22-2012 22:42

Great so now my gay ass wizard has to carry a 2 handed scythe around instead of a wand.

WAIT A MINUTE THAT SOUNDS ****ING AWESOME!!!!

jotun 03-22-2012 22:44

From a numbers/stats/balance perspective it's fine I guess.

It just doesn't make any sense intuitively for your magic spells to do more damage because you found a sharper sword, or upgraded from a regular club to a club with nails in it. A better wand or staff would make sense. Something that adds to an int or spellpower stat makes sense.

It's about suspension of disbelief, or consistency of inner reality

Zanthious 03-22-2012 22:45

yeh because a magical sword is hard to believe in when your a wizard homie.

Durak 03-22-2012 22:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by jotun (Post 17087601)
From a numbers/stats/balance perspective it's fine I guess.

It just doesn't make any sense intuitively for your magic spells to do more damage because you found a sharper sword, or upgraded from a regular club to a club with nails in it. A better wand or staff would make sense. Something that adds to an int or spellpower stat makes sense.

It's about suspension of disbelief, or consistency of inner reality

yes let's complain about realism in a FANTASY GAME

iritual 03-22-2012 22:56

Wizard Spike was BIS for PvP as Sorc(what I PvP'd with in 1.09) and it was a dagger.

jotun 03-22-2012 22:57

Just because it's fiction/fantasy doesn't mean that consistency loses all meaning, and every possibility is equally valid. A fantasy should still have a set of rules that confine it and allow for a consistent alternate reality.

Lord of the Rings has a lot of stuff that doesn't make sense in our reality, but it would still obviously be stupid for Iron Man to suddenly show up and challenge Gandalf to a machine-gun eating contest.

Zanthious 03-22-2012 23:01

so your validating your point by comparing 2 genres? Or are there machine guns dropping in D3 with +intel??

jotun 03-22-2012 23:11

Start the game with an Apprentice Wand. I find a short sword, and suddenly my spell damage doubles. Why would a short sword make my spells do twice as much damage? Not a magic sword, just a plain old regular short sword.

Zanthious 03-22-2012 23:14

lol im dense. i just got what you are saying. yeh thats kinda gay

Piata 03-22-2012 23:19

Ya, but the short sword looks cooler than some faggy ass Harry Potter wand.

Rurouni 03-22-2012 23:20

back on topic, does anyone know how dual wielding works? I threw a 11dps club on my monk with a 3dps knuckle and noticed my damage alternates between the weapons. I remove the 3dps knuckle and all my damage is from that 11dps club. stat bonuses aside, why would you dual wield when you can just use 1 weapon? is it purely because of stat bonuses?


Show 40 post(s) from this thread on one page
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:15.
Page 26 of 620

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2003, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All Content Copyright 1999-2020 Tribalwar.Com, LLC