Show 40 post(s) from this thread on one page
TribalWar Forums
Page 1 of 37

TribalWar Forums (https://www.tribalwar.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.tribalwar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Americans wages are fucked for no reason (https://www.tribalwar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=678783)

Goshin 05-07-2015 22:46

Americans wages are ****ed for no reason

Front Page Article

Quote:

"In interviews, Danish employees of McDonalds, Burger King and Starbucks said that even though Denmark had one of the worlds highest costs of living about 30 percent higher than in the United States their $20 wage made life affordable.
True, a Big Mac here costs more $5.60, compared with $4.80 in the United States. But that is a price Danes are willing to pay. We Danes accept that a burger is expensive, but we also know that working conditions and wages are decent when we eat that burger, said Soren Kaj Andersen, a University of Copenhagen professor who specializes in labor issues.
Measured in Big Macs, McDonalds workers in Denmark earn the equivalent of 3.4 Big Macs an hour, while their American counterparts earn 1.8, according to a study by Orley C. Ashenfelter, a Princeton economics professor, and Stepan Jurajda, an economics professor at Charles University in Prague.
And the Danish restaurants are less profitable. With fast-food wages in the United States so much lower than in Denmark, and the price of Big Macs in the two countries similar, Mr. Ashenfelter said, It must be that U.S. McDonalds are far more profitable. The higher wages and the higher menu prices help explain why there are 16 McDonalds per million inhabitants in Denmark, but 45 McDonalds per million in the United States, Mr. Jurajda said."
looks like america is getting ****ed again. I think we can all afford an extra $0.80 per item for **** (maybe $10/day, or $3650 a year more in expenses) if that means going from 7.50/hour to $20/ hour (15k to 40k a year).

And that also means higher wage jobs will also go up in value since the floor has been raised.
denmark isn't a wasteland of no jobs and it'd get millions off the government social programs cuz their jobs are actually paying enough for them and their families to eat. Less profit to get sucked up at the top. Return to the days of 50x ceo pay for average worker salary, instead of 800x ceo pay that we deal with right now. (that was before the 80s, not that long ago)

stand up for your rights peeps and stop swallowing bull****

Quote:

***8220;We have to acknowledge it***8217;s more expensive to operate,***8221; said Mr. Drescher. ***8220;But we can still make money out of it ***8212; and McDonald***8217;s does, too. Otherwise, it wouldn***8217;t be in Denmark.***8221;

He noted proudly that a full-time Burger King employee made enough to live on. ***8220;The company doesn***8217;t get as much profit, but the profit is shared a little differently,***8221; he said.

***8220;We don***8217;t want there to be a big difference between the richest and poorest, because poor people would just get really poor,***8221; Mr. Drescher added. ***8220;We don***8217;t want people living on the streets. If that happens, we consider that we as a society have failed.***8221;

lemon 05-07-2015 22:49

goshin do u need a hug

Goshin 05-07-2015 22:50

i need a new earth

Odio 05-07-2015 22:53

So narrow sighted. How the **** are grandma and grandpa Smith going to afford to pay all their employees $20/hr and their taxes/insurance/mortgage/rent/suppliers/advertising costs?

They can't. You cold hearted liberal douche.

Seattlite Loves Making $15/Hour Until He Realizes What It Cost Him | NoozSaurus

juzfugen 05-07-2015 22:54

flipping burgers is not a $15 an hour skill, its also not a career its a job for teenagers.

Goshin 05-07-2015 22:55

notice how i said you raise prices to deal with increased wage costs?

and you apply the wage change across the board to everything so there are no unfair markets or whatever?

do you not understand logic

Odio 05-07-2015 22:56

Do you not understand walmart and mcdonalds?

It must be because you're so white and privileged that you can't seem to comprehend that poor people, you know the majority of the population, aren't going to pay $35 for a ****ing pizza from a mom and pop place when they can get it for $20 at pizza hut. There is no way small business can compete with the prices of the mega corporations.

Period.

Goshin 05-07-2015 23:00

oh man thats right mcdonalds cant operate/exist in denm...waaait

juz, wage stagnation has affected every level of work other than executive pay
america hasn't seen wage growth since the early 80s, even though an individual worker is tens of times more productive than a worker in the late 70s

all that profit is going to the top
ceos making 800x average worker pay (was 50 in the 70's and before, and in germany currently), golden parachtues of tens of millions when a ceo ****s an entire company into laying off thousands

where do you want the madness to end?
when there are 5000 ultra rich **** heads and everyone else lives in the streets?

Odio 05-07-2015 23:02

How about going to school for a real degree instead of wasting daddys money on liberal arts? Then you won't have to work a minimum wage job and cry about how hard your life is.

Goshin 05-07-2015 23:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Odio (Post 18351361)
So narrow sighted. How the **** are grandma and grandpa Smith going to afford to pay all their employees $20/hr and their taxes/insurance/mortgage/rent/suppliers/advertising costs?

They can't. You cold hearted liberal douche.

Seattlite Loves Making $15/Hour Until He Realizes What It Cost Him | NoozSaurus

p.s. ****o, your article provides the answer all by itself
Quote:

As we start to see the effects of the wage increase on small businesses, many will begin to understand “economics” a bit more thoroughly as it finds its way into their personal lives. As the old adage goes; “Money doesn’t grow on trees.” If you raise the minimum wage, businesses have to find ways to compensate for the extra burden or they can no longer afford to operate. That either equates to a higher cost of living for those living in Seattle, which will be felt by hourly employees as well as everyone else, or in the case of Z Pizza employees, it will cost them their jobs.
everyone pays a little more for goods. The extra cost, lets say high end 5k (2.5 dollars more an hour) is offset by the huge wage increase of 15k (7.5/hour) which raises the floor on incomes, which means a $15 job now may pay i dunno, $20? $22?

Odio 05-07-2015 23:04

dude, you're comparing White Atlantis to a 3rd word **** like like the United States of America.

It's not going to work.

No one is going to pay more when they are poor. Even if you increase the minimum wage and the cost of **** increases to compensate, NOTHING HAS CHANGED. Your in/out is exactly the same. You just have the illusion of more because the numbers got bigger.

I'm glad I make $45 an hour, here let me spend $13 on a loaf of bread.

juzfugen 05-07-2015 23:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goshin (Post 18351367)
juz, wage stagnation has affected every level of work other than executive pay

They why choose any other career then "executive"

duhh

[PoE]Anthem 05-07-2015 23:06

Denmark is a poor example. Way less crime, similar access to firearms, higher literacy, cool with immigration, and they don't get all cramped up taking medical care of their brethren.

A better comparison would be like, Bangladesh. The other armpit of the world. At least compare apples to apples, and rancid squid ink to rancid squid ink.

Goshin 05-07-2015 23:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Odio (Post 18351370)
dude, you're comparing White Atlantis to a 3rd word **** like like the United States of America.

It's not going to work.

No one is going to pay more when they are poor. Even if you increase the minimum wage and the cost of **** increases to compensate, NOTHING HAS CHANGED. Your in/out is exactly the same. You just have the illusion of more because the numbers got bigger.

I'm glad I make $45 an hour, here let me spend $13 on a loaf of bread.

i already shot this argument to pieces you retarded moron

:lol:

gaining 7k a year in wages doesnt mean your expenses go up 7k jesus christ
learn to economy

Odio 05-07-2015 23:09

You are proposing to increase the cost of things so that the employes can be paid more. But where do the people come from that buy the things?

Are you trolling me? Is this a troll?

Goshin 05-07-2015 23:12

the rest of society that also has a wage increase, again because the minimum floor of wages has gone up

you know who has less though?
the very top
you know why it isnt going to do much for them? cuz the top 0.01% owns like 80% of the wealth

you ****ing ******

Odio 05-07-2015 23:14

:lol: You're a dip**** if you think any business man is going to **** with his profit margin so jerome can feed his 13 illegitimate kids by working at burger king.

[PoE]Anthem 05-07-2015 23:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Odio (Post 18351375)
You are proposing to increase the cost of things so that the employes can be paid more. But where do the people come from that buy the things?

Are you trolling me? Is this a troll?

People with money buy more stuff. I'm deeply liberal, but even Smith knew that ****. It's shocking. Who knew, eh?

CRAB PEOPLE 05-07-2015 23:16

goshin what do u know about the real world

honestly

u lived under daddy tax master insurance salesman all your life who got you your job at all state as a claims adjuster with a ****ing history degree

thank him every day, if u get fired, you will make the fine living you deserve flippin burgers

Goshin 05-07-2015 23:19

:lol:

k

Show 40 post(s) from this thread on one page