Show 40 post(s) from this thread on one page
TribalWar Forums
Page 3 of 4

TribalWar Forums (https://www.tribalwar.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.tribalwar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Vanster, you ok buddy? (https://www.tribalwar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=696827)

Brasstax 03-08-2021 00:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanster (Post 19308185)
Since Lemon isn't around to tell you: Alcohol is the only drug I've ever done. No experiments, no "tried it once," nothing. Everyone is telling me to try edibles as it "takes the edge off," but meh. I've never tried any drugs, save for 2 monsters on race day morning.

As far as my hair, that's a thing the elders usually cut. They cut mine in 2011, for the last round of Mary. It's a Northern Arapaho thing, that in a time of grieving, elders cut your hair, and over months, you can get a visual idea of healing as your hair grows. It's parochial and trite, but not much different than European tricks for getting through mourning. I haven't made the decision to cut it or not, although you might be interested to know I stopped dying it in 2018. I look at older photos of me and it's almost a different man.

https://scontent-den4-1.xx.fbcdn.net...bb&oe=606A3418

I wasn't saying you had drugs in your hair - I was saying I believe hair can hold bad energy. Sounds like Native Americans hold a similar belief. Many cultures take off hair during mourning. Anyway, a new hair cut makes a new man. I view it as a way of saying "back to the drawing board. At least I can still grow hair. My younger brothers lost theirs starting at around 20. One worse than the other. Although, they look like friar tuck. That's not a good look. I'll just shave it or keep it crew cut length when I get there.

Substances/drugs are the devil. Same with alcohol or anything we do that we know is wrong. Especially when we overdo it.

Make some changes. Back to basics. The good news is that you might find you veered off a path long ago and you now get to see what's down the other side.

Vanster 03-08-2021 00:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brasstax (Post 19308220)

Back to basics. The good news is that you might find you veered off a path long ago and you now get to see what's down the other side.

I'm a direct descendant of Scabby Bull (23 and me, wow), and my uncle Harvey Spoonhunter said almost the exact same thing.

Do you know your own blood? If you're willing to share, I'd be interested to know what it is.

Brasstax 03-08-2021 00:51

Well, I have Swedish blood mixed with Welsh, Austrian and French. I married a woman who's mom's side has a strong dose of Nez Perce. So, I call my 19 year old a Swedish Indian. Which is pretty true. You can see the Nez Perce in his face but his sense of humor is all Swedish goofiness from me. Also, he is stubborn like his mom. And her mom. And her mom's mom.

Anyway, it's funny how some genes are stronger from one parent. I definitely got the Swedish side from my pop. His mom came here on a steamer with her mom. I remember my great grandma and she didn't speak English. Much. But, she had a bakery and I remember that when I was little.

havax 03-08-2021 00:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanster (Post 19308222)
I'm a direct descendant of Scabby Bull (23 and me, wow), and my uncle Harvey Spoonhunter said almost the exact same thing.

Do you know your own blood? If you're willing to share, I'd be interested to know what it is.

https://images.wisconsinhistory.org/...07000298-l.jpg

eww, he was a smoker

Vanster 03-08-2021 00:59

Sometimes you speak like an elder, perhaps it's the Viking thing, similar.

My own is 95% Algonquin, 5% Cossak Jew, maybe Ukrainian.
Algonquin tribes were great lakes; the Arapho were pushed West and decided to ebb, rather than resist the European expansion.

Result is the Southern Arapaho in Oklahoma and Northern in Wyoming, and me.

Edit: Havax upended me and posted Scabby Bull. But yeah.

Brasstax 03-08-2021 01:00

Yeah, I doubt that is a pipe that blows bubbles.

Vanster 03-08-2021 01:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by havax (Post 19308227)

eww, he was a smoker

Columbus never made it to North America, but he did land in the Bahamas, and sail around for a bit. It's said that the greatest curse natives ever made on Europeans was that it's a good idea to put leaves in your mouth, light them on fire, and breathe.

Brasstax 03-08-2021 01:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanster (Post 19308230)
Sometimes you speak like an elder, perhaps it's the Viking thing, similar.

My own is 95% Algonquin, 5% Cossak Jew, maybe Ukrainian.
Algonquin tribes were great lakes; the Arapho were pushed West and decided to ebb, rather than resist the European expansion.

Result is the Southern Arapaho in Oklahoma and Northern in Wyoming, and me.

Edit: Havax upended me and posted Scabby Bull. But yeah.

95% is a strong bloodline. I am sure much of our behavior is related to the blood that flows in us. Also the way our brains develop and process information. Do you remember that bit in Hitchhikers guide with the bulldozer foreman who keeps hearing thoughts in his head that date back to Genghis Khan?

I should re-read those. Douglas Adams was a funny man.

Quote:

Genghis Khan, whose birth name was Temujin, was a well-known Mongolian war-lord on ancient Earth, as well as a direct ancestor of Mr Prosser. The only traits he shared with the road-builder who attempted to tear down Arthur Dent's house were his predilection for little fur hats and his desire to hang axes over the door of his dream home.

Vanster 03-08-2021 01:07

In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Brasstax 03-08-2021 01:09

I use DON'T PANIC as a basic axiom.

Vanster 03-08-2021 01:13

Well there you go.
I have HHGTTG in hardback, and also in my kindle.
I'm going to read it for the nth time.

Maybe I'll be okay.

Brasstax 03-08-2021 01:18

You already are OK. You are just sad.

Did you ever read Godel, Escher, Bach - An eternal golden braid? You have a brain that would like it.
https://external-content.duckduckgo....jpg&f=1&nofb=1

It is not happenstance that it has 777 pages

Plasmatic 03-08-2021 01:56

Are you two done jerking each other off yet? We don't want Vanster to get too excited.

Yeah, I'll probably read that. Thanks. :| 

Pagy 03-08-2021 08:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanster (Post 19308216)
Who ARE you?

While you're taking over for the person that posts as Havax, can you at least back me up on the singing? I'll ask you to come over to the Havax thread, and you can disabuse me.

its almost as if judging everyone based on political beliefs is a mistake and views on taxes liberty and property dont define a persons good or bad nature.

jerry 03-08-2021 09:35

I wish you good luck and true happiness Vanster. You have always been a good guy! :)

Gorlax 03-08-2021 11:53

Vanster hang in there.my offer still stands if you want to speak French...

Brasstax 03-09-2021 21:45

Vanster - I thought about you today. I was talking about rabbit holes. That made me think of a book that made me think about you. That's a pretty good rabbit hole all on its own.

The book came out way before the movie. If you haven't read it, pick up a copy of Watership Down.

https://external-content.duckduckgo....jpg&f=1&nofb=1

413 pages of goodness.

Take care, mate :)

samUwell 03-09-2021 21:48

This used to be my sig a long time ago

https://i.imgur.com/8uOBzDu.jpg

easilyodd 03-09-2021 21:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brasstax (Post 19308233)
I am sure much of our behavior is related to the blood that flows in us.

Don't some asians have something along those lines based off blood type?

Brasstax 03-09-2021 22:22

I learned from Southpark that if you have a kid with an Asian woman you can't have a ginger baby.

Show 40 post(s) from this thread on one page