TribalWar Forums

TribalWar Forums (https://www.tribalwar.com/forums/index.php)
-   World of Warcraft (https://www.tribalwar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=240)
-   -   Tera F2P (https://www.tribalwar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=661233)

Natural 02-24-2013 16:10

Tera F2P

If there are any ex TC or STK people around who are interested in messing around in Tera, smaq and I are on Valley of the Titans. Feel free to create a char and apply to The Core.

Tera has a solid combat system and I recommend that anybody who enjoys MMOs give it a shot. The game strongly benefits from having a few people to group with when you do dungeons.

PessimiStick 02-24-2013 16:34

I loved the mechanics of tera, but I quit because finding groups was awful, and the instances were pretty unforgiving of bad play. I think I'm actually on VoT, I have a max level sorc. Might reinstall.

Natural 02-24-2013 17:21

And FYI, server transfers are instant and free. Be aware, your bank doesn't come with you.l

PessimiStick 02-24-2013 17:37

So I *was* on VT, but apparently they moved people when they consolidated servers or something, because my characters are on Mount Tyrannas now (and my Slayer got renamed to Ippon_VT, so I'm pretty sure I was right about where I was).

Transfer page says "You can currently only transfer to and from Celestial Hills, Tempest Reach, and Mount Tyrannas.", so maybe I won't be playing after all.

Natural 02-24-2013 17:50

we're 20-26 atm

PessimiStick 02-24-2013 23:27

Moved my Sorc to VT, but I don't think I can transfer my alts, said they needed to be 40+ on the transfer page.

Natural 02-25-2013 16:45

The transfer page says 40+, but if you try to move a character it says the need to be 20+. I guess they relaxed the policy.

I will approve you when we log in tonight.

Smaqaho 02-26-2013 22:13

Fun game is fun.

We're all old and casual, but this game is a lot of fun to play with a group of people. We're all still lowbies so it's not too late to install and catch up. I think I'm level 28 or 29 after 3 days.

Shopper47 02-26-2013 22:24

Is it fun to solo in as well? I'd like to give it a try, but I don't have a lot of gaming time anymore so I don't know how much I could help the leveling experience. That being said, if you're playing old man casual, I'd come check it out. I see Lasta sometimes in WoW, he might be interested as well.

PessimiStick 02-27-2013 11:59

It's just fun in general. The mechanics are great, and if you're good enough, you can basically solo anything (pretty much every attack is avoidable if you play well).

Smaqaho 02-27-2013 20:19

I have real life obligations that often keep me a day or two of leveling behind Nat/Tabi/Essay, so I've done probably 50% of my leveling solo. I'm playing a Sorcerer and it's not super powerful (yet), but I have plenty of spells to escape/CC and avoid damage and have only been unable to solo 5man BAM quests.

Some other classes are crazy good at those levels DPS- or survivability-wise, but it seems like every class has a nice learning curve. Dungeons are nice because damn near everything is avoidable by all but the tank so even our healer gets to pewpew a lot as we 4man the 5man dungeons.

As a Tera newbie I still don't understand any of the crafting skills and haven't bothered reading up on them, but getting completely new spells every 2-4 levels and learning how to utilize them keeps the game fresh for now. I just wish the game didn't lock out some of my favorite keybinds (shift+scrollwheel up/down/push, I'm looking at you), that's my biggest complaint after about a week.

PessimiStick 02-27-2013 23:47

I swear every game except WoW locks you out from the scrollwheel. That took me a LONG time to get over. I don't really mind it anymore, but scroll up/down, then with shift and ctrl were like... 80% of my binds on my rogue.

zeph 03-13-2013 14:46

hello The Core friends.

Natural 03-14-2013 14:17

Hello

Ickz 03-15-2013 22:57

What roles you guys need most? Guessing heals since that seems to be what I see spammed for ingame the most heh. Have a 55 warr from when the game first came out, but was thinking of rolling a mystic. Heard they added 3v3 to the game, seems like it would be really fun - loved the pvp that I experienced so far. Dicking around on a zerk atm since I heard they're not terrible anymore.

Data 05-06-2013 08:43

TERA is a good game. Wish I had more time to play it.

Smaqaho 07-25-2013 13:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Data (Post 17680120)
TERA is a good game. Wish I had more time to play it.

Same. I haven't touched my PC much in the last 4 months outside doing some online shopping but I have 2-3 weeks now before fall youth sports start up for the kids so I'm downloading TERA once more to play as I have time.

I had a free 7day WoW trial about a month ago and only logged in twice to say hello. Nearly 5 months clean and I don't miss the game at all, just some of the people I played with (Nat and former TC/StK members, Xpdnc, Zeph, loto, etc).

edit: nm. Nobody plays TERA anymore. Looks like the last guild activity was around the time spring soccer started and I stopped gaming.