Show 40 post(s) from this thread on one page
TribalWar Forums
Page 1 of 2

TribalWar Forums (https://www.tribalwar.com/forums/index.php)
-   World of Warcraft (https://www.tribalwar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=240)
-   -   STK: Any thoughts on playing MoP? (https://www.tribalwar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=653563)

Shopper47 07-13-2012 23:47

STK: Any thoughts on playing MoP?

D3 was fun for a while, just wondering if people are coming back for "one more round" so to speak

Ickz 07-14-2012 00:52

Dunno why anyone would continue playing WoW when they could play GW2 instead.

Feannag 07-17-2012 17:08

Hard to say, the entire spin on MoP is a little depressing. I mean really, giving players something else to do when they are NOT raiding/PvP'ing? It sounds like a simple ploy to get people to keep playing when they have already fulfilled their original purpose to play the game.

Alarik 08-13-2012 10:27

I'll move my prot warrior over

HaPpY 08-14-2012 17:02

lollllllllllllll

Adroit 08-15-2012 18:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by icZer (Post 17268496)
Dunno why anyone would continue playing WoW when they could play GW2 instead.

Because GW2's model is barely an "MMO RPG" in the traditional sense. GW2 won't be for everybody - I plan on giving it a whirl though.

HaPpY 08-15-2012 19:26

its more of an mmo rpg than anything else available.

Calx 08-16-2012 19:34

after d3 i kinda wanna boycott blizz

HaPpY 08-16-2012 20:12

only good thing blizz has going is sc2... but wont be long before the red jew finds ways to **** that up by sticking an RMAH in and charging $ to mine crystals.

zeph 08-17-2012 23:55

Pretty sure most of StK doesn't intend to play MoP.

HaPpY 08-18-2012 03:12

i really really wanted to play MoP but internet sensation francis disapproves so im stuck playing GW2 instead

Fool 08-21-2012 09:53

Everyone should race change to Pandas and call the guild the Jack Brack Brigade and never break character with awkward asian stereotypes.

Smaqaho 08-22-2012 17:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeph (Post 17322943)
Pretty sure most of StK doesn't intend to play MoP.

This. I'm still on the fence about it myself, but after Halloween my evenings will be open and I'll probably keep playing.

StK never does anything for more than a few weeks before people flake out :( Those weeks are always a lot of fun though, but if you plan on transferring to play you're better off just leveling a fresh alt now and avoiding the transfer fees.

Shopper47 08-22-2012 22:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smaqaho (Post 17329858)
This. I'm still on the fence about it myself, but after Halloween my evenings will be open and I'll probably keep playing.

StK never does anything for more than a few weeks before people flake out :( Those weeks are always a lot of fun though, but if you plan on transferring to play you're better off just leveling a fresh alt now and avoiding the transfer fees.

I haven't seen anyone from STK or the few TC guys I had added since that one LFR DS10 you were in smaq, and that must have been 4 months ago? 6?

I just resubbed for WoW, but even D3 I didn't see too many log on (I love the battle net ids working between games, that is awesome).

So for now I'm just messing around with alts, thinking of going Ally because Horde seems to just be getting worse and worse. I wish you could make a gnome hunter :disgust:

Smaqaho 08-25-2012 09:39

Xpdnc and Zeph are the only others still around, and they don't play often, either. I log in for 2 hours of raiding every week and maybe 5 minutes a few other nights to do a JC daily or solo old heroics for mounts. I'm coaching 2 soccer teams so time is limited, and I haven't touched LFR or any alts for maybe 2 months.

Korgath is the only other old TC member still playing, and he raids with my priest. Zeph raided with us for a couple months as well, but he made fun of the GM and her ability to stand in fire and frost waves enough that she kicked him from the raid. I'm sure a few old TC will come back for MoP to level, run a few heroics, and then quit again. We're all too old to care about server firsts, and too busy to commit to anything more than most casual raid schedules.

HaPpY 08-26-2012 01:52

ahem... gw2 started already. if youre even thinking of this panda crap instead youre insane.

zeph 08-28-2012 15:26

I'd be playing more actively to raid w smaq and such but I called our guilds GM bad/fat one too many times and I got benched. QQ. I should step it up this month pre-exp though to dick around with new talents and get professions ready.

Feannag 08-30-2012 05:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeph (Post 17338967)
I'd be playing more actively to raid w smaq and such but I called our guilds GM bad/fat one too many times and I got benched. QQ. I should step it up this month pre-exp though to dick around with new talents and get professions ready.

There aren't many talents to dick around with. Pretty much all the stuff you will need is built into the spec now, talents are incredibly hit-or-miss for whatever you plan to do and the bulk of them can look to favor PvP more. But that's one of the main "outrages" going on in there right now.

HaPpY 08-30-2012 05:54

nerds outraged at a ****ty expac yet continuing to play despite a superior mmo being available?

zeph 09-06-2012 16:51

I'm sticking w WoW as my MMORPG of choice due to time invested in it already. I will probably stop playing when Elder Scrolls MMO hits.

Show 40 post(s) from this thread on one page