3 weeks of feeling like death on a stick

JuggerNaught

Contributor
Veteran XX
I just got over something nasty. The first week of the yeari woke up that monday, barely able to breathe, was so freaked i was seriously wondering wtf i was going to do with my kid if i called 911. Barely pulling enough air to inflate a tennis ball. Couldn't walk from the bathroom to the couch without stopping for a break in the middle of the trip because i was out of air. Couldn't sleep in my bed for 2 weeks because i had to sleep sitting straight up to breathe.

I don't think it was covid, but i did lose sense of smell. And when i have been losing sense of smell, its not that i can't smell, its that the only thing i can smell is something like someone wrapped plastic coated wire with hair, set it on fire and stuck it up my nose. Cant smell anything else.

I kinda think it was like the flu or something because i definitely had upper respiratory infection. Luckily i happened to have a good portion of an old script of amoxicillin left. Knocked that down in about 4-5 days. Just now getting straightened out, but i was in bad shape for about 2-3 days.

I used a lot of home remedies that i think made a difference. Regularly drinking green tea with honey and garlic, running humidifier with like a liquid vicks at night, and of course keeping cleaner than usual due to all the coughing and stuff i was doing, get the ick off me. Steady intake of mucinex pills and liquid to break up the shit in my chest and get rid of it and nyquil to deal with cough and knock me out at night. I'm back to about 98%, still a little crap in my chest

Seems like a LOT of people have some kind of cold/flu kind of thing just like it as well around here.

Ok, thats all. As you were.

u should always finish the antibiotics

having 1/2 a script left says you don't ~science~

also, no covid test? c'mon man !

ya, not finishing antibiotics is the sort of shit that backwoods shitting-in-the-fields modi-voting indians do so that they can b bigly contributors 2 the rise of antibiotic resistant strains of disease

u should always finish the antibiotics

having 1/2 a script left says you don't ~science~

also, no covid test? c'mon man !

ya, not finishing antibiotics is the sort of shit that backwoods shitting-in-the-fields modi-voting indians do so that they can b bigly contributors 2 the rise of antibiotic resistant strains of disease

Science literally says this shit is a myth.

-10GBP for both of you

You dont need to 'finish' your course of antibiotics just shut up ok?

your threading on hollowed grounds

where gonna need some citations

*note ice the historic plate

Chevrolet_Citation_II_front.jpg

the more antibiotics you take the less effective they become, so if you dont need the whole dose then save them for some other need

Just an FYI on weight loss and what I think about it....
It changes your immune system and releases a ton of toxins.
So, I think that when you are losing a bitch ton of weight, you are more susceptible to cold/flu etc for a bit.

Anyway, there is nasty shit every year and now we have COVID too.

Glad you are feeling better.

As always, drink lots of fluids. The green tea helps you flush shit out.
I am not a fan of antibiotics in general. I would rather let my body deal with basic shit like cold/flu whatever first. You can tell when a pneumonia is getting bad, though. Like if you are coughing neon green shit up out of the lungs, maybe with some blood - might be time to call in the heavy hitters.

I had the amoxicillin from a tooth getting pulled, he gave me a huge bottle of it, i didn't need to take the entire thing. I don't like throwing away antibiotics. If its like 4-5 years old yeah its probably not worth a shit. This stuff was about 2. seems like it worked.

I'm generally not a fan of antibiotics either, but i had an obvious upper respiratory infection and amoxicillin is the preferred treatment. i used the other stuff like garlic, honey, green tea as supplemental "medication". I needed to get over this fast because i still had to take care of the kid who was home all week and after the first week i had to go back to work. I wanted to push this as long as fast as i could

3 weeks feeling like death?? doesn't sound like the ABs did anything bro. Probably because it was a viral infection.

The abs got rid of the lung infection, I'm guessing i was getting a nice little bit of bacterial pneumonia.

You'll never know since you never went to a doctor for some reason? :psyduck:

Could have got a COVID test, maybe some useful antibiotics, an actual diagnosis at least?

Were you just afraid of testing positive for COVID?

What would a doctor give him for COVID?

Not that I blanket disagree with the idea of seeking out a doctor and/or test...

And yet im still fine with it not being an issue any longer. I know it was upper respiratory infection, i know the measures i took cleared it up. Thats all i need to know.

Back