Show 40 post(s) from this thread on one page
TribalWar Forums
Page 19 of 34

TribalWar Forums (https://www.tribalwar.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.tribalwar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   To the tw religious ppl (https://www.tribalwar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=696182)

StapleMammal1 10-24-2020 05:43

https://i.imgur.com/36ZmKSF.jpg

Edofnor 10-24-2020 09:31

o man tpk assraped amadeus like as if amadeus was a child in amadeus' van

Amadeus 10-24-2020 10:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Falhawk (Post 19250606)
This.

Dude loves to just argue semantics

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

hey guess what

words have meaning

when someone lies about what words mean and keeps propping up strawmen, they're the ones instigating semantics arguments

StapleMammal1 10-24-2020 11:21

tpk owned you

LGBR 10-24-2020 11:35

i for one am shocked - shocked i say- that a pedophile would intentionally misrepresent science

havax 10-24-2020 12:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by LGBR (Post 19250782)
i for one am shocked - shocked i say- that a pedophile would intentionally misrepresent science

and words

Brasstax 10-24-2020 15:10

ITT TPK slaughters Amapedo

Amadeus 10-24-2020 16:24

yeah that poor flimsy strawman never had a chance :(

Amadeus 10-24-2020 19:58

But you know what? Just for giggles:

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pumpkin King (Post 19250590)
1) "Can you give a relatively accurate approximation of fast things evolve?"

I assume this was meant to read "how fast things evolve".

The theory of evolution does not posit that there is one global value for this.

Quote:

2) "Does evolution move at a constant rate, or does it fluctuate massively and why is that the case?"

It fluctuates massively as a result of whether or not there is anything prompting a change (such as a change in environment), see below:

Quote:

3) "How does DNA mutate to provide completely new information that allows the animal to have entirely new traits and what brings this new information into existence?"

One could fill libraries with the research on this topic, but you can start here:

Population Genetics | Boundless Biology

Quote:

4) "What is the driving catalyst or energy force behind evolution that causes these constant mutations in an animal's DNA?"

See above for some examples.

Quote:

Genetic variation is caused by:

- mutation
- random mating between organisms
- random fertilization
- crossing over (or recombination) between chromatids of homologous chromosomes during meiosis
Again, decades of research available, but you can get started by reading up on those terms.

Quote:

5) "If we evolved from monkeys, why are there still monkey's?

The theory of evolution does not posit that we evolved from the monkeys of the present day. Rather, humans and present day monkeys share a common ancestor species (and humans share a much closer ancestor with apes).

Human evolution - Background and beginnings in the Miocene | Britannica

https://cdn.britannica.com/60/94660-...s-ancestor.jpg

LawnDart 10-24-2020 21:00

shut the **** up already kid toucher

groove 10-24-2020 21:01

bunch o fricken homos up in the top right there

Pagy 10-24-2020 21:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pumpkin King (Post 19250543)
I have no need to lookup the word evolution dude. Nor do I need to google what a spoon is.

i already posted the definition. And so you admit you dont study or understand evolution or what it means then make claims it cannot be observed.
Quote:

Adaptation is an observed fact, not evolution.
im not even sure wtf youre even trying to say anymore.

inherited traits, allow for adaptation.

do offspring inherit their parents traits? Would favorable traits be more successfully inherited? Congratulations youve observed evolution.

I mean youre asking why there are still monkeys this is embarrassing dude. How can you say evolution is not a fact when you cant even define what it is?

Amadeus 10-24-2020 21:14

Pagy my dude you really need to check that victory mentality of yours

Data 10-24-2020 21:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amadeus (Post 19250973)
Pagy my dude you really need to check that victory mentality of yours

douche chills

Brasstax 10-24-2020 22:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Groove (Post 19250966)
bunch o fricken homos up in the top right there

Yeah - led by homo touchkiddius over there

T-Dawg 10-25-2020 08:16

Atheism is what happens when you read the bible. Christianity is what happens when somebody else reads it for you.

The Pumpkin King 10-25-2020 13:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pagy (Post 19250969)
i already posted the definition. And so you admit you dont study or understand evolution or what it means then make claims it cannot be observed.
im not even sure wtf youre even trying to say anymore.

inherited traits, allow for adaptation.

do offspring inherit their parents traits? Would favorable traits be more successfully inherited? Congratulations youve observed evolution.

I mean youre asking why there are still monkeys this is embarrassing dude. How can you say evolution is not a fact when you cant even define what it is?

Why are you awkwardly writing me with choice comments/quotes that I made towards Amadeus when I made several comments towards you directly on page 16 that you have failed to address?

https://i.imgur.com/Jrgjb5S.png

For someone that claims he is knowledgeable on the topic of evolution, you sure seem to be struggling to address any of my thoughtful discussion shown above. If you do not counter any of my points I will just assume that you were simply unable to.

You claim that witnessing something that is rather called "genetic inheritance" is the same as witnessing evolution when it is not. They are two entirely different things.

Your argument is basically the following:

"Observing the passing of genetic traits from parent to child, is the same as watching the gradual slow process of them becoming a tree-hopping amphibious night-vision neon-skinned super advanced creature with 6 eyes, a three foot long tongue, and genius level intelligence that prefers Hawaiian coffee and Russian instagram models over the course of millions and millions of years." -Pagy

And no, just because something inherits helpful and successful traits does not dictate its automatic success, and in many cases, the reverse will happen.

There are people in this world that have way better DNA traits than me that simply get hit by a bus and die. I easily outlived them with my inferior genetics.

This is the law of: "**** happens."

Even if evolution were true, could it outrun the law of "**** happens?" I'm not convinced and I would like you to prove to me otherwise using a scientific experiment in a controlled environment that is testable, observable, and subject to reproduction while having different variables introduced to see the results.

The man that is mostly famous for proposing the theory of evolution struggled horribly with mental illness all his life. I'm not eager to go to the mentally ill for my sources of truth as you are. Would you also choose a guidance counselor or therapist that is quite sick indeed and spends most of his time in a mental hospital?

Evolution, at its roots, is magical, supernatural, requires blind faith based on weak deduction through evidence, and it is entirely unscientific, and by that I mean, it defies natural laws of the universe as we know them.

Evolution obviously cannot be observed by the human eye. If you wish to prove to me otherwise you are welcome to introduce me to a friend that has seen the full transformation of one animal into an entirely new and totally different one (i.e. a frog becoming a dog). I accept personal testimony as a valid form of ascertaining truth.

I only ask for measurable, observable, testable, repeatable truth. If you can't provide any of that for me, then why would I ever be inclined to believe you? And why would you ridicule someone and say they are "embarrassing themselves" by asking scrutinizing questions to see if a theory holds up? Seems awfully emotional and unscientific to me. It also seems like a wasted opportunity.

Pagy's response:

A) If the sun is so big, why does it look so small?
B) LOL you embarrassing yourself by asking that!

Normal scientific response:

A) If the sun is so big, why does it look so small?
B) Oh, good question. That is because it is very far away.

Generally when people shy away from questions and attempt to ridicule the person talking to them by claiming that they are "embarrassing themselves", it is a sign that they have no answer to the question. This is further emphasized by your unwillingness to answer my very basic, simple, investigate question. You still have yet to provide an answer.

If you claim that a puddle of slime can become a 7-headed-hydra over time if you just "leave it alone for millions of years," then I would like to ask for proof using the scientific method of that being the case.

Amadeus 10-25-2020 14:04

Speaking of comments left unaddressed:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amadeus (Post 19250524)
Then there is the theory of evolution, which explains how evolution works, and which we can and have used to make accurate predictions.

If the theory of evolution is so flawed, then how come we can predict where and how deep to dig for a specific kind of fossil?

bowl of blood 10-25-2020 14:38

https://i.ibb.co/bJzxh00/seventh-sea...w-on-earth.png

Vanster 10-25-2020 14:42

https://www.cdn-liker.com/uploads/la...5b57bacb41.jpg

Show 40 post(s) from this thread on one page