Show 40 post(s) from this thread on one page
TribalWar Forums
Page 1178 of 1252

TribalWar Forums (https://www.tribalwar.com/forums/index.php)
-   TWHOF (https://www.tribalwar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=275)
-   -   This is for you Trump voters. (https://www.tribalwar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=683482)

Fool 11-09-2016 18:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kerosene31 (Post 18670917)
The electoral college keeps it from changing. We didn't get one presidential ad here. Nobody campaigns here.

The bible thumping right is just as bad.

With this election, still nearly half the freaking population didn't vote.

That's not right, and it is partially because only 5-6 states matter out of 50.

(and of course this has nothing to do with yesterday, Trump won fair and square by the rules, I'd me making the same point no matter what)

This is false. There are many large states and many swing states. This election proved that. The mistake, as the Democrats and the Media made in spectacular fashion, is only focusing on the ones they thought Trump might lose. PA wasn't supposed to be in play. Michigan wasn't supposed to be in play. Wisconsin hasn't been red in like 30 years. They were locks, so why conduct a poll there? Why send someone to check? Why hold a rally? We need the attention on the North Carolina, Florida, Ohio swings. Wait now Virginia is in play?! How did that happen!?

This election had more states up for grabs than any election in the last 25 years. It's a landslide win, they were just shocked that it didn't go their way because they were looking the wrong way.

Got Haggis? 11-09-2016 18:38

The electoral college exists to stop "mob rule"

absent 11-09-2016 18:38

Well see, Groove is a highly cultured and superior to dirty goyim jew from Canada. Who doesn't understand anything about the wider world.

:rofl:

Danno 11-09-2016 18:40

11,000 Americans Reportedly Voted For Harambe Instead Of Donald Trump Or Hillary Clinton

I've never been prouder to be an American if true.

of Americans voted for Harambe and now people are freaking out | JOE.co.uk

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cwy8HScUoAAFsK4.jpg

NightTrain 11-09-2016 18:43

shame McConnell didnt take Vansters advice and confirm Garland for SC justice. Now with hillary blowout mandate she will go for a far left extremist :(

[MD5]Hash 11-09-2016 18:46

Liberals are hitting critical mass in the meltdown department, haha:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXUaQe3ziEY

Validuz 11-09-2016 18:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denver (Post 18670920)
Electoral system means that states have an amount of electoral votes based on their population.

When voting all of the electoral votes from a state goes to the candidate that got majority in the said state. For example if florida has 55 electoral votes and trump wins it with 51% to 49% he does not get 51% of the electorals but all of them. So for gaining 2% majority he gets all of the states electoral votes.

I knew this and I am a hill billy from finland.

It's based on each congressional representative (one per) and one for each senator, not really population.

Although to be honest, and I feel stupid/bad not knowing this, I don't know how often new districts are created (or removed?).

Edit: Never mind, it's calculated after each census.

groove 11-09-2016 18:48

i guess maybe i questioned the the american electoral system and that could have offended veniggs too, sorry about that. excuse my ignorance.

for the record, im a city dwelling manchild from candaderp, but i'd love to move to the states, unfortunately ur immigration system is pretty tough unless ur marrying in or are staying illegally ;)

and i only live in a city because i work in tech, i'd love to live out in the middle of nowhere, my favorite town has an official population of 6

and again im sorry (wow look how canadian i am apologizing so much) because i just never had much interest in american politics before this election. im trying to learn, my bad, please dont be mean to me because of where i was born, i didn't choose canada :)

dubsack 11-09-2016 18:57

I'll marry you Groove.

<3

groove 11-09-2016 19:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by dubsack (Post 18670946)
I'll marry you Groove.

<3

:heart: :sunny:

heck at least im showing more interest than like half the population

and of the 50% that voted, what % of those people understand their electoral system.

same goes for canada and other countries not trying to single out the us, generally politicians only care about people when they're trying to get their vote, so most people only care about voting, not how the system works

personally i think presiden trump is gonna be awesome, but even if i had the pleasure of moving to the states i don't think i'd care that much about who won

elections are always turd sandwich vs giant douche, both choices were geriatric rich folks, i dont think anyone goes into politics for altruistic reasons

groove 11-09-2016 19:32

other than maybe Vermin Supreme, that guy actually wants to make america great with free ponies for everyone

Denver 11-09-2016 19:34

I have not voted in Finnish elections for years.
waiting for the percentage of voters to drop under the constitutional limit after which the results won't be legal.
Politics is not for me :D

jjwtay 11-09-2016 19:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denver (Post 18670920)
Electoral system means that states have an amount of electoral votes based on their population.

When voting all of the electoral votes from a state goes to the candidate that got majority in the said state. For example if florida has 55 electoral votes and trump wins it with 51% to 49% he does not get 51% of the electorals but all of them. So for gaining 2% majority he gets all of the states electoral votes.

I knew this and I am a hill billy from finland.

Pretty sure this isn't 100% true. IIRC from like 3rd grade winner takes all is up to the states and not all states are winner takes all.

dubsack 11-09-2016 19:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjwtay (Post 18670960)
Pretty sure this isn't 100% true. IIRC from like 3rd grade winner takes all is up to the states and not all states are winner takes all.

Only 2 or 3 states are by district, all the rest are winner take all.

ETA yeah only Nebraska and Maine are by district.

jjwtay 11-09-2016 19:46

so then it's only 94-96% accurate not 100% lol. Also that's ignoring the super hilarious chance for electors to not vote for who they're supposed to.

Validuz 11-09-2016 19:47

Only two aren't. Nebraska and Maine.

Edit: Beaten.

Fool 11-09-2016 19:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Groove (Post 18670955)
and of the 50% that voted, what % of those people understand their electoral system.

Not many, even among educated individuals there are always people who seem stunned by it when it goes the other way.

dubsack 11-09-2016 19:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjwtay (Post 18670963)
so then it's only 94-96% accurate not 100% lol. Also that's ignoring the super hilarious chance for electors to not vote for who they're supposed to.

Yeah, we had an electoral voter determined to vote against Clinton, here in Washington state.

NoGodForMe 11-09-2016 19:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by samUwell (Post 18670906)

:lol:

SuicideSnowman 11-09-2016 19:58

#Calexit California wants to secede from US over Trump election win | Metro News

Please let this happen.

Show 40 post(s) from this thread on one page